So tired of this....

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to be patient with all of these menopause symptoms but some days they just wear me down. This anxiety and lack of energy are the worst symptoms right now. Doctor started me on a medication for my anxiety and worrying..mostly health anxiety and worry...but the medication makes my head fuzzy and makes me more tired. Just don't know what to do anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how they dealt with these issues?

Thanks??

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

to your query on energy levels, I find setting a time limit to a task helps, then a treat. Fifteen minutes sweeping then 5 mins cup of tea. 15 mins ironing then 5 mins on my iPad. Setting little simple tasks gives a sense of achievement when completed. The best treat is a buttered scone after vacuuming the stairs!bAnd I can't get out of bed until I've planned what time to take my afternoon nap! Seriously, little steps go a long way. Love and hugs x

• Posted

Oh my heavens...you have described almost exactly what I have recently started doing! I will do something like...clean a bathroom and then sit down and watch a TV show I've taped, then I'll do another chore and sit with tea and play on my iPad for 20 min. I haven't napped in the afternoons but am soon going to have to. I find my eyes getting very heavy around 5pm.??

• Posted

Hi TMpearce,

Wow, I just recently found this forum and feel so much better since reading the different threads.  I thought I was all alone in my health anxiety.  Sometimes when I'm out and about my reflux will act up and feel like a heart attack.  I will just keep shopping and pray to myself that someone around me knows cpr if this time it really is one.  Also, the panic attacks can make me feel like I might be dying.  It's just crazy.  I'm 48 and haven't had a period in 2 months.

I have slowly been controling my reflux and anxiety with a multi vitamin that has methelated B vitamins.  A lot of people have trouble aborbing B vitamins so they never really get the benefits, especailly folate.  I use MegaFood Multi for women 40+.  I also try to get enough amino acids because they are great for mood.  I grind 2 table spoons of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and flax seeds then put them in a smoothie.  Also, I was told that my digestion contrubutes to my anxiety so I take a probiotic and lastly, I try to watch comedy's and spend time with supportive people. 

I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

It's good to know that we are not alone with this health anxiety. I have issues with my reflux too and this past few weeks have been having a lot of cheat tightness. Having had numerous cardiac tests this past October and a visit to my doctor about a week ago for this, been told that my heart is ok and that reflux and anxiety can cause these same symptoms. It's a vicious cycle though....the reflux causing chest tightness which causes anxiety which causes chest tightness etc., etc.

I know I need to exercise more but it's hard to get the ambition to do so when I feel so tired and anxious. I try to keep up with vitamins and minerals but I find that they sometimes make my stomach feel bad so I try to eat a lot of seeds, dark leady greens and other vegetables. Carbs are my weakness and I struggle with those.

Where do you get the methylated B vitamins? Hang in there girl...we will all get through this together. It's great to have a place where there are others who know it's not all in our heads!??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.