So upset right now

Posted , 15 users are following.

I broke down and baught a bottle of wine, drank over half of it.

Its been 14 weeks and I blew it... have no good reason why, just did .. when I think back never had to have a good reason

I just pray I can doo it again ... only for final

I wish my daughter was here for me to talk to but no one ... sorry to lay my problems on you all but am very greatful for this site ... very sad

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Congratulations on not drinking for 14 weeks,I,m new to this site and can't go an evening without drinking almost half bottle vodka,don't feel bad,you have come a long way,and hey,what's half a bottle of wine? Don't be so hard on yourself.  Angela
  • Posted

Hi Sue don't beat yourself up, it's just half a bottle of wine versus 14 amazing weeks. I've learnt myself this week that we'll probably all make a slip up at some point.

Put today behind you and focus on how well you've done over the past months.

Hopefully you can talk to your daughter soon but in the meantime you've got plenty of friends here :-)

• Posted

Hi. I'm 14 weeks to and it helps me to know it's not worth giving up for an hour or two of pleasure. Please don't beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is a new day so stay positive and don't give up. Stay strong...
  • Posted

Dear Sue,

Like Angela, I don't think you have "blew" it all!

On the contrary, I wish I could go for 14 weeks without a glass of wine.  I do not think it is ever happened to me since I turned 21!

I just hope the cravings are not back the next day and the next day.

You could do a graph of your daily intake : imagine this flat line for so many weeks. You should be proud. A few days and the line will be flat again.....

Wishing you all the best.

• Posted

Hello Sue

Yes !, please dont be sad . It is only half a bottle . You have been amazing , well done for the 14 weeks . For whatever reason you have drunk tonight but dont feel terrible about it .

tomorrow is another day smile It will be ok . Go to bed and go to sleep

take care x

• Posted

Oh Sue, don't beat yourself up.  You have done great, and with that determination which took you through 14 weeks sober, you will be OK.  It's just a slip, a minor setback, be easy on yourself.  I admire you so very much.  I have only managed to halve my nightly drinking, and some nights not even that, so you can imagine how much I would like to be in your shoes. 

I am so glad you came here and told us.....you don't have to do anything on your own.  I know it's not the same as being able to talk face to face with someone, but we care and we are here for you.

Keep that chin up....

Pat

• Posted

Thank you all... really wish I Could ind a counsellor who was willing to help.. anyone who is also willing to talk in privae might help
  • Posted

Slips happen Sue, just get back on the wagon and go again. And keep coming here for support, everybody understands you here. Don't beat yourself up over it because that just makes it worse.

• Posted

Congrats on 14 weeks. I wish I could do 4 days. Stress and money issues keep me  from my goals. How are you doing it Sue? Selincro, Campral, Kudzu, WHAT?

Stay strong, the little things give us an uncanny power over our desires!

• Posted

Thanks Tim

Stress Money  lonliness   feeling over whelmed is what got to me yesterday.... and the stupid thought just one time. Maybe it was a good thing sure was a kicker on waking up with a hangover. Funny how I forgot how bad it realy is sad

• Posted

Sue don't look at it as you drunk 1/2 a bottle of wine, you LEFT half a bottle of wine!! That's an achievement , could you have done that before? I know I couldn't

Keep going you're doing so well

Lotsa love

Rach xx

• Posted

I like that glass half-full approach Rachel! I'm going to bear that one in mind :-)
    • Posted

Well onwards and upwards, I don't know if you saw my message Saturday night, I drank almost two bottles and was down on myself but I've picked myself up and started again, I too don't rely on meds just will power alone so we are doing pretty well I would say! Xx

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.