So upset right now

Posted , 15 users are following.

I broke down and baught a bottle of wine, drank over half of it.

Its been 14 weeks and I blew it... have no good reason why, just did .. when I think back never had to have a good reason

I just pray I can doo it again ... only for final

I wish my daughter was here for me to talk to but no one ... sorry to lay my problems on you all but am very greatful for this site ... very sad

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Just to echo what other people have said. Hope you're feeling better now and as proud of yourself as you deserve. It's a bumpy road and it takes courage to travel down so stay strong. It's a bottle of liquid - don't give it that power over you.
  • Posted

Talking is good for u to do. Where is ur daughter. X
    • Posted

She had the nerve to go on holidays lol
  • Posted

Hi Sue, it's hard not to beat yourself up - emotions what ever the reason - I gave up for 80 days and relapsed - I then gave up for another 43 days and relapsed each time I have felt sad, let myself down and everybody around me.  It is true it is a pointless exercise getting upset with ones self - yesterday was history and today is a new day.  You have done so very well - what medication are you on?

I am ultimately grateful to have found this site and have become so much more knowledgable and trying to get to the root of why I drink - I feel that I am not on my own.  I do hope you have a better day Sue

• Posted

This site is my medication, I am on nothing... the people on this site has helped me so much I am so very greatfull to everyone smile

Thank you smile

• Posted

You are all right... its a new day smile
    • Posted

It is and sue I had two or 3 comments on my post, you've had all this support!

Feel the love :-) xx

• Posted

Hi again Sue . I liked the half full bottle comment too but being a realist and knowing I thought perhaps you had done the whole bottle thing .

I feel you have been so honest , that means more than any silly bottle of wine .

Please feel happy with that smile you've been amazing and an inspiration to us all smile

I've cut my drinking by half which means half a bottle a night from one or one and abit !!!

I've done it and feel proud smile If I have a bottle now I say .... hey , its ok and its my fault I have a bad head

Stay on track , take care x

• Posted

hi rainbow, you're absolutely right in what you say. if we slip up, we pick ourselves up and move on. it's human nature to dwell on a perceived "failure" and forget about weeks and weeks of hard graft.

I had a wobbler the other day and I'm sure I'll have many more, but if I stay on the right track 95% of the time, it's better than before.

Good luck :-)

• Posted

Yes , I agree Keith

We are all human and I think we should take things day by day

Good luck with everything also smile

• Posted

I really feel for you. I am in a terrible place. I stopped taking my Nalorex as ran out and have blown everything with my family. I wasn't expecting visitors and my son and daughter in law and kids turned up on Sunday. I had been drinking and they knew it. It is so awful I am so ashamed to have let them all down and myself.

needless to say and understandably they are very upset and told all the family. No one will speak to me. I was in re hab ten years ago and went nearly eight years sober. I can't afford to do it again any anyway I know I have to keep going, work at it and get back on track.

my family have lost patience. I binge then nothing but I know I can't even have one.

it is like I was on self destruct everything was going well, everyone was pleased. I am gutted.

i am now two days sober back on the Nalorex but feel so isolated it is all my own doing. I so want to get back on track.

sorry to off load on you.

• Posted

Dont be sorry go ahead and load on me, every needs to be able to load onto someone smile

Talk to your faily even if they wont talk to you... you talk even if it has to be a note, email what ever. Tell them what you are doing and why.

If you need people to talk to and ideas on what to do.... ask you have come to  the right place to do so smile

Good luck to you and good for you to be on day two .... I have learnt its all one day at a time smile

• Posted

Big hugs did now you will have to look on us as your family ❤️
    • Posted

You haven't blown it at all. You had a slip, you learned a lesson (you cannot drink without the drug) and you are putting it right. It sometimes takes a little time to rebuild the trust but you will.

Just tell your family the truth about what happened and promise them that you won't allow your Nalorex to run out again.

And good luck! smile

• Posted

Thanks Paul am trying so hard but I don't blame them not trusting me I wouldn't in their shoes. Will not run out again!

they are so disappointed in me yet again...

• Posted

Alcohol addiction is an illness which is not your fault. You have a biological difference which is why you got into difficulty with alcohol. For years, people with alcohol problems have been blamed and made to feel guilty for their problem and I think that is appalling. Now the new thinking, after Sinclair's research is that the issue is medical and not behavioural.

You need to change how you see yourself and they need to begin to understand that this problem is not your fault. Yes, it is up to you to resolve it, but you didn't choose the problem.

• Posted

As usual Paul you have helped me. I just cannot get through to my family that it is an illness nothing will get them to see that. I feel very isolated and am being punished. I would l really appreciate some pointers as to how to view myself. I really feel such a failure over this and have let everyone down.Many thanks for taking the time to post. This forum is a lifeline.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.