Solution to fuel crisis

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm new to this!!

Having spent 2weeks with the tablets in the cupboard scared to take them because of the side effects I'd read about, I finally submitted last weekend. Surprise , surprise I've lost 5lbs in a week!!

Only side effect I've had is the 'jet propulsion'. If everyone took these tablets there would be no need for fuel as we would all be jet propelled everywhere!!

What does worry me is I read that some people don't eat enough - I have 3 meals a day and don't want anymore. I also don't drink alot of water - is this wrong?

Barb

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

I've been on them for 12 days and have lost 4lbs! I have had no running to the toilet but have had headaches. The drinking water thing is to combat the headaches as the tabs seem to dehydrate some of us more. The eating enough thing is if you don't eat enough yuor body will store fat.Sounds like you doing ok

KJ

• Posted

Hi Barbara

I'm new to this too! Had trouble getting the full perscription so I too have put starting them until I had them all. I'm on my third day and had my roast on Sunday, Out for a meal last night and had chicken & ham pie & mash tonight and not had any real effects yet. Been told to return to GP in a month.

Can you tell me roughly what your daily diet consists of? Have you changed your diet from what you were eating beforehand? GP has not told me to stick to a low fat diet but said I will learn by my own mistakes what I can tolerate on these pills.

• Posted

Hi Hopetobeslimmer

I'm eating nothing different to what I was eating before. Breakfast consists of muesli and a glass of orange, I have a cereal bar mid morning and, as I take lunch to work, I always have a salad followed by grapes and an orange. Then in the evening I eat an ordinary meal. I have been told I'm not eating enough but I find I don't want anything else.

It's the water thing that bugs me - I have a small bottle each day at work and that's it. I've tried increasing it but find I don't want it.

Weighed myself last night and I've PUT ON 7lbs!!!! Every doctor I've seen over the past few years has told me to lose weight but no one tells you how!!

Have you tried the Xenical website? I went on there hoping to get some menus but cna't seem to get anything up. Bit of a waste of time. Am feeling really down now and wondering if it is all worth it!!

Barbara

• Posted

[quote:53996695ac=\"Hopetobeslimmer\"] GP has not told me to stick to a low fat diet but said I will learn by my own mistakes what I can tolerate on these pills.[/quote:53996695ac]

Im sorry that is appalling, there are side effects from not eating a low fat diet and god knows what it would do to your insides. I work for a pharmaceutical company and I find it hard to believe a doctor would say dont follow a low fat diet.

My doctor gave me advice on diet plans and what to avoid etc

she also made it very clear: [b:53996695ac]THESE ARE NOT A MIRACLE CURE[/b:53996695ac]

Im sorry but posting on here that eating out and eating high fat content meals, is not helping those on here that have the desire to lose weight and actually put some effort into doing so

To get these tablets to work you have to eat less calories than you are using to generate energy so....

You need to follow a low fat low calorie diet and raise the amount of energy you are using.

These are for use with a low fat diet and exercise and give a boost to those who are struggling to kick start their weight loss

All in all - you have to get up and do something about it, not just take a tablet

• Posted

Hi

MSG is right - they are not a solution to weightloss and unless you follow a low fat diet and do some exercise they will make you ill not make you lose weight. Eating low fat is ok - you just need to eat things with leass than 5g fat in 100g and no more than 15g per meal.

I struggled with the xenical website too so abandoned it. I read labels, use recipes from rosemary conley and don't eat anything with obvious fat in. Be careful as some things are marketed low fat but AREN'T low enough. they also contain high calories in some things too so watch fro that.

Start the low fat thing and exercise a bit and you will do great.

Good luck

KJ

• Posted

MY problem is I have arthritis in my knees and hips. I do water exercises which help a great deal as I can now walk better and further.

However I do not understand this fat content thing - if I eat salad surely there is no fat in it??? Afterall I was told that if I eat salad without any dressing then there's no need to take a tablet and so I don't take one at lunch times.

I want to lose 5st and am determined to do it but other than starving myself I can see no light at the end of the tunnel.

After losing 5lbs last week I was on cloud nine and now cannot understand why I'm putting it on.

Barbara sad

• Posted

\"All in all - you have to get up and do something about it, not just take a tablet\"

CORRECTOMONDO!!!!

Wouldn`t it be fab if we could just pop a pill and wake up skinny... :lol: :lol:

• Posted

Thanks for your support - now I know I'm really on my own!
  • Posted

barbara

Sounds like you arent eating a balanced diet, What do you have on the salad? Any meat at all? You may not be getting enough vitamins or protein and if you dont eat enought then your body turns it all into fat as its overcompensating for not having enough energy source

If you can do water exercise try and increase it slowly but surely, but dont over do it

Also eat things you like and dont be scared of eating fat, we need it as we have fat souluble vitamins.

The point i was making was the advice someone was giving you on here was eat out and eat pies and take the tablets, thats not going to work, Im sure you understand that

We are here for support but if people just think a tablet will change you they are very very wrong. We want to help those who help themselves and from your posts you do seem to want to put some effort in

• Posted

MSG is right. We are all struggling to lose weight and are careful to watch what we eat. If you read through the threads you will see we eat low fat and have increased our exercise. We all have problems and are here to support each other BUT you have to stick to a low fat diet and exercise!

The weight will not just magically disappear on its own! Eating what we want when we want it won't help.

• Posted

Hi Baraara,

MSG is right we need to change to a low fat, low calorie diet with some exercise.

Low fat doesn't mean NO fat, it just means reduce your intake of fat.

As silly as it sounds you need to eat fat to loose fat! :lol:

Your body still needs fat in order to work - it is esstianal, it's just that we tend to have more than our body wants and needs. It about re-training ourselves to eat the right fat in the right proportions.

Please keep your chin up, it is hard when you start. A lot of information to take in and changes to make - but they are all for the better. The start of a new you! :D

Good luck

Keep the Faith :rainbow:

kind regards

ClaraJacks

xxx

• Posted

Thank you Clarajacks

You have made me feel a bit better. The comments of some of the others really hurt.

I don't eat out and I don't eat pies!! In fact for the past few years I have watched what I eat and tried to eat healthy foods which is why I cannot understand how I've put weight on.

I'll be honest, I do not understand this fat content thing. I've seen other messages with people talking about their fat in take and it totally confuses me. Do you know of any websites where I can educate myself on this?

Barbara

• Posted

Barbara

If you read my posts correctly, I am not making any comments about you, just advising that the advice given to you by others would not aid your weight loss,

If you actually look, i give you advice, ask about your diet so that I could maybe help but i wont do that in the future if \"it hurts\". A few of us were appalled by hope to be slimmers advice to you and that is why we took a hard line and counter acted those comments

I would read posts more carefully in future as we can also be upset by comments made

• Posted

And I attempted some humour in mines also...but hey ho!

Barbara...we`re all here to lose weight chick. And to try and support, advise....rant....to each other.

Its very confusing having to watch fat content...calories and what have u.

Read through previous posts, u may find those helpful.

MSG was attempting to help u .

• Posted

hello barbara,i agree with everything said about a lowfat diet.........my doctor and dietician stressed that to me.... that if i didnt it wasnt worth taking the tablets.Ive stuck to a lower fat diet but ive made a few mistakes and ended up at the loo....lol so i could never get away with eating what i wanted!its hard,nothing worth doing is ever easy i have struggled with my weight all my life im doing my best ,now with the help of blueys and peeps on here it keeps me going when ive wanted to give up.i dont think anyone has tried to be hurtful on here just give u sum better advice maybe.anyway good luck with ur weight loss...dawnx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.