some help please - health anxiety driving me crazy!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys,

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and enjoying boxing day left over turkey!

I've suffered with quite bad health anxiety for the past 10 months now, it has been as a result of surgery after I broke my wrist in march.

My anxiety focuses on something wrong with my brain which will result in surgery and severe disability being the best case scenario. Everytime I had a headache it can only mean a hemorrhage or tumour, I am literally scared of everything that could potentially be wrong with me. The doctor has been as supportive as he can be, although he will not send me for a scan as there is no need, and he has even said that he wouldn't risk his career by not sending me if he thought there was something wrong.

Every single day I feel giddy, foggy headed and strained vision. I've started to believe that it is the anxietythat is powerful enough to make me feel this way, but I always have doubt. I've decided to post now as was just on the way back from the shop and managed to bang my head on the car boot and now think I have a hemorrhage (although it wasn't a hard knock at all, not even a mark was left!) 

I need to break this, I am in therapy, and it has helped to some degree but still struggle on.

Hearing from people who are going through something similar or even those who have beat it please reply it would be lovely to hear from you!

X

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

dear bambi

i've got anxiety for more than a decade. i've faced all kind of wierd symptoms that u maybe have no idea about those. i am under medical treatment for more than 6 years and beside this treatment every month i experience new symptomps. i visited different doctors in different branches more than millon times and the answer was every thing is ok with your organs, i want to say u that these are normal with generlized anxiety disorder patients.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.