Someone please help.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello. I am in a desperate place and need help/feedback. This is my first time ever posting, so please bare with me if it is lengthy. I am a 27 year old female, very overweight, nonsmoker.

I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember, even in childhood. However, in the past months it has taken on a new form and is totally debilitating. It started in October. The night before a flight (I'm terrified of flying) I started having awful pain in the back left side of my head, as if I had hit it or were having a stroke. Ever since then I've had every strange symptom imaginable: heart palpitations, tingling in my face, weakness on my left side, dizziness, a sense that I am going to pass out, night tremors, a vague dissociative feeling, and more. I should add that I've been under a lot of pressure: my dad was diagnosed with cancer, my mom is in kidney failure, my marriage is absolutely falling apart, and there are pressures at work and school (finished grad school in December) that seem overwhelming to me. I've had an MRI due to two family members having MS. It was normal. I've had normal routine blood tests, decent blood pressure readings, a normal EKG, but can't shake the feeling that something is gravely wrong. I've drastically changed my diet and have started therapy. I've tried a low dose of Busbar, which wasn't that helpful. I think I'm just looking for someone who can relate, because I feel so alone.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi holly do have u ever experienced morning anxiety?? do u feel as though youre not quite here? and what do u mean by night tremors? do your symptons come and go or are they with u 24/7 im going thru hell at the mo... with chronic health anxiety and morning anxiety.
    • Posted

Mine is actually a bit the opposite. I usually wake up feeling more or less okay, but it gradually gets worse and worst throughout the day. Almost like my senses are overloaded. Sometimes it starts as soon as I wake up and doesn't stop. It's like torture. The night tremors are new. I'm having a really hard time falling asleep and I'm often waking up with palpitations, sweaty palms and feet and a sense that I can't breath. Or I'll wake up shaking. It's really sad because for so long I've slept to ward off the anxiety and now I can't even do that. I do feel like I'm not here, (kinda like floating) or that my brain suddenly "shifts" sometimes. It's really awful, but it is comforting (though sad) to me to see other people understand what I mean.
    • Posted

yes thats morning anxiety waking up with an adrenaline rush. palpitations and general fear. its so intense i cant go back to sleep again. if i do it happens again. the rest of the day is restlesness. panic. negative thoughts of fatal diseases but evening come it gets a bit better plus the feeling of being disconnected.
    • Posted

Ah. I was thinking of morning anxiety as being when you wake up naturally in the morning and you are already anxious. Mine usually doesn't start that way. It sounds like I feel a lot like you do. Sometimes the only time I feel any calm is in the late evening.
    • Posted

morning anxiety is a severe panic attack with sweating and palpitations that wake you up from sleep its due to a rush of adrenaline. i get better in the evening and fine at night but dread the next day. do you??
  • Posted

Holly, you are not alone. 

You have been going through a lot lately. I think the symptoms you have been having are just yoru body expressing the undue stress you have been under with all that you have had going on. Try not to get too worried about it as that'll only keep the viscious cycle of anxiety going. Not to say ignore it. When you feel bad, you need to acknowledge it and try to do things to make yourself feel physically and mentally better. 

Try getting outside sometimes, doing some exercise if you like any particular kinds, I find even just guided meditation (check youtube biggrin can be really good. Even if you can give yourself just a short break from the anxious chatter that goes on in your mind, it can help. Focus on making little steps towards reducing anxiety. 

It's great that you reached out for some help, welldone. That can be very difficult to do. 

And remember, you are NOT alone. We are here xxx

• Posted

Thanks, anonymousgirl. I've actually been using several guided mediation apps on my phone, but I usually only resort to them once anxiety has started. It would probably be wise to start my day with them. As for exercise, that seems insurmountable right now, but I remember how great I felt when I used to exercise daily. It was better than any medicine I could probably take. Thank you for the encouragement and your solidarity.
  • Posted

Holly, you will get through this. First and foremost, never give up. Fear drives anxiety. Know that anxiety is just symptoms that will not hurt you. Your not crazy, your not going to die, your body is hypersensitive and the stress releases hormones. One of which is adrenaline. The same hormone that's released when your scared and need to run. Your mind and body is confused. Long term stress will do this. My biggest suggestion is to make a list of the top 5 things that are causing you unbearable stress. Try to eliminate those where you can and pray for the ones you can't. I'm very sorry your going through this, just know that anxiety is very common and that you will get through this.
    • Posted

Thank you for your suggestions and thoughts. Just hearing from everyone has provided me with some reassurance that this really is in my head.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.