Someone please help

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have been going crazy for a year. Everything is fine when I am up walking around but as soon as I lay down to go to sleep everything changes. I am 47 years old and feel as if my life has been taken over. I start getting heart palps body jerks and a funny feeling in my head as if I am going to pass out. I have been to the doctor and he looks at me like I am crazy. Does anyone else get these symptoms while lying down.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Shirl been there has those symptoms your not going crazy it's hormones

A couple of months ago I was afraid to sleep it seems like I was panicking when I wake up or I will have a thumping I also had jerking too

These symptoms will come and go do don't worry and get yourself to work up or your Anxiety will be through the roof

We are all here for you,what ever you are experiencing is all normal and you will. Be OK

I know we all scared when I go out i get bit frighten walking because of my funny head

Be strong darling take each as it comes

• Posted

By the way Shirl the doctors are fine with you complaining about hot flashes mood swings heart palps night sweats sleep issues panic attacks and Anxiety

Anything sensations they think you are crazy what we are experiencing is hormones messing around causing us to think all sorts.

• Posted

Thank you so much Maria. Feels good talking to others that understand. God Bless. 
  • Posted

I understand what you're going through. This sounds like severe anxiety.

I'm going through it too. I have dry mouth and it's horrible. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Is there a cure?

• Posted

Yes I do have anxiety Estrella. I am on Zoloft. Have tried so many different meds. I think I am premenopausal as well. Thanks for talking to me. God Bless
    • Posted

Hi ladies. There is a spray you can buy from the most well know high street chemist b---ts, dry mouth spray, especially for people with dry mouth that maybe caused by meds, anxiety etc. its very good & refreshes your mouth when you dont have enought saliva. worth a try it only cost £3-£4 & you only need a little squirt. xx

• Posted

btw, many anti depressants, anxiety or sleeping meds notoriously cause dry mouth. so does anxiety. xxx
  • Posted

It's all normal peri symptoms. Don't go to the doctor to tell her or him your symptoms. They don't know or will think you need anti-anxiety meds. Trust me on that one. I felt the same as you, and my Dr. made me feel the same way.

• Posted

First of all - you are NOT going crazy! Didi is right about doctors. I'm sure that all those years spent studying is just to fit a pill to an ill and very little more. Mt doc is a lovely man and a keen gardener like me. But when it comes to things like nutrition he is clueless. Good nutrition is SO important for good health and helps your body fix itself. Right I'll climb down off my soapbox now.

I have neck and shoulder problems and sleep with a heap of pillows. Since I started doing this I no longer get the 'funny feeling' you talk about and find it easier to get off to sleep. I don't often stay asleep and I wake several times a night. But I have a large glass of water, with a little lemon juice, on the bedside table. I have it down to a fine art now. Wake up, get up, jiggle everything back into place, sit on edge of bed, have a sip of water, get comfy go back to sleep.

I know it sounds daft, it feels daft writing about it, but it works and I don't feel exhausted in the morning. It might work for you too, I hope so.

• Posted

Not daft at all. You just do what works best for you. We all have our ways of coping with this peri or menopause nightmare. Maybe one day the nightmare will be over.

Keep at it Bobbysgirl.

• Posted

Yes shirl I get palps and jerking when I am lying down to the point where I feel my arms and legs are about to "shoot" off and like the girls say its normal and unless the gp understands it they havent a clue.I was very fortunate the doctor not only understood my menopause but the effects of my anxiety and depression she even said she felt sorry for me going through the double whammy and talked about my hormones and feelings all over the place she really took the time to explain things. if you had asked me about my palps about three months ago i would and did ask for all tests conceivable. yet now because the doc has explained and others have helped me understand on here I take it as part of my symptons hope this helps

• Posted

Hi shirl,

First, as everyone else has said, you are not going crazy. My worst symptoms happen when my body is trying to rest. The main reason for this is that the part of the brain that regulates body temp, etc is also the same that triggers the amygdala-the warning/danger part. So when something is happening to your body, your brain can't differentiate between a "bear" or hormones. So when your body is going into "rest" mode, body temp decreasing as well as your heart and entire parasympathetic system, hormones are not. So there is a battle from within.

Second, you may want to consider either medication that settles that system or some natural techniques (essential oils-make sure it is someone who has a degree and can do a blend specifically for you). I have ativan for the severe nights as well as a SNRI. I do meditation nightly and the oils. I'm 50 and trying to "roll" through this.

God bless you and best wishes.

• Posted

well explained Lori my doctor explained this all to me because I was waking up with a thumping sensation as well as other symptoms. and couldn't understand it because I thought being asleep I was relaxed noooooooooo the body is still and feels more and of course when do we get a good nights sleep. sometimes I am more tired that when I went to sleep. I take the menapace and evening primrose along with some oils I am going to try the black cohosh when these course of tablets are finished to see if they work any better thank you for your post I hope it helps others I feel if I understand it I cope with it better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.