Someone please help, feels like my doctor doesn't take me seriously.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I wanna see here too so I get multiple views on my problem since it feels like my doctors (well 2 so far) doesn't take me seriously. Like they make my issue smaller than it is.

For the last 3-4 months I get sick, or feeling of sickness, easily. I get this feeling that I am inflamed (inflammation) after I have been outside for a prolonged amount of time (more about 30 minutes+). It makes me feel tired and fatigue. Sometimes like I have a low fever once I am back home and can relax again. I feel like it only occurs when I have been away and not as strong when I'm home. Just sometimes when I'm home but not as severe or strong.

I have also had fever on high grade 3 times within 4 months  Twice was in 1 month. 

I would also describe a reduced cognitive ability (perception). I am not as sharp and it's much harder for me to predict things or realize what is going on. Night time or when it's dark it feels like I have a slightly less conciousness wheere i don't feel as present to realitty as I'm used to.

TO make it easier to understand: if my girlfriend walks toward me I usually realized it was to go to the fridge whcih is behind me. But lately I feel completely lost why, like I have no clue will few seconds afterwards. It takes me longer time to realize and I cannot try to realize such simple things anymore. I also can't read as well.

One of the times my doctor took some blood tests and most of the values they checked was in the middle of the reference, so good. However, few things was not perfect.

WCC - was low but on the lowest end of the reference

Monocytes - higher than reference

Eosinophils: Lower than reference

Basophils: 0%

AST / GOT: higher than reference

ALT / GPT: Higher than reference (actually double the top reference)

Its like I cannot live the way I want or am used to. I cannot live my life normally. And the docotrs I've met doesn't seem to want to investigate it. One of them just said it's "PROBABLY" a viral infection and I have been working too much (behind computer screen). 

Maybe I worry for nothing but it has sustained for 3-4 months so to me it doesn't feel like a virus. I just don't wanna have to call an ambulance in case something happens to me. 

Maybe it actually is nothing but to me it doesnt sound normal.

One of my friend was also sick all the time and the doctors just send him home saying "you have a virus" till 1 year later when ONE doctor out of 5 took care of him and they found out he had cancer.  

I'm not saying I do that but looking now for more views on my illness. If I should keep searching help or wait it off.

Thanks to everyone!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Figured I could update the thread here in case in the future someone else has the same issues.

MRI scan done, all looks good.

Saw an Ophthalmologist, no bad signs at the physical part of the eyes. Makes it likely a neurological issue. This was for the "visual snow" which could also be caused by retinitis or detached retina

During my researched I manage to find collection of terms for my illnesses:

Malaise (feeling unwell/flu like feeling) - Post-exertional even from low level activity such as go shoping groceries.

Brain fog (periods of confusion, decreased alertness, decreased brain functioning in general including perception, problem solving etc). The brain fog tend to also be worse from activity.

Visual Snow is the visual impairment I talked about. 

Blue field entoptic.

---------

Now that I have concluded there is no physical signs it may be neurological that causes it. This also lead me to research virology, viruses known to cause neurological disturbance. Namely, Neurotropic virus. 

I was tested for Epstein–Barr and it was turned negative. Later for HIV and HSV (herpes simplex 1 and 2) and it was also negative.

Found a neurologist who actually listened to me and I felt compasion. He talked and told me possible causes and what he wanted to test since it progressively gets worse over 4 months. Since my first visit where he told me "there is sign of past infection and you will only get better from now" I got much worse. And from a week ago now, I get a swollen lymph node, left side of my neck, during activity. I am however unsure if this co-relates or may be a coming cold.

Since I am at it and the malaise as well as brain fog was induced by activity, figured a heart screening wouldn't hurt. Ultrasound was made, no signs of issues there.

Have a new appointment with the neurologist in a few days and I'm gonna present my findings to him that causes: malaise, brain fog and visual disturbance. Lets see what he thinks is viable and what is not. 

Neurotropic viruses I want to test for is:

Poliovirus 

Echovirus

Herpesvirus-6

Coxsackie

Measles

Varicella-Zoster

Rubella

Mumps

Cytomegalovirus

Herpesvirus-7

Influenza A and B

Some of these may include excessive rash, redness, pain etc so again I will let my neurologist debunk these while I present him with these.

And others:

Lyme disease

Thyroid functions

Vitamin and mineral deficiency

Fungal infection

And other neurological disease with these symptoms:

CFS (Chronic fatigue syndrome) 

MS (family history)

Yep, that's all I can think of right now. Will update again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.