someone please help me?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone, my name is Jayden. I am 24 years old and I’m currently going through hell.   I have a strong family history of anxiety, depression, heart disease and high cholesterol. I am starting to get worried because for the last year now I haven’t been feeling the same.  I am not sure what it is, but it doesn’t feel great.  I get crazy heart palputation, shortness of breath, dizziness, faintness, tightness of chest, difficulty breathing, over-breathing, weakness, fatigue, strong and sharp pains in my chest for several minutes. I went to see a doctor about this about a year ago and he diagnosed me w/ anxietyand depression, therefore he prescribed me w/ sertraline in which I took for 6-7 months.  

I decided to take myself off the drug because I felt as though I was addicted to them, and I haven’t taken one for about 5 months now.   

All of a sudden the feelings have come back, and it feels 100x worse than before. I am having crazy thoughts of death and my body feels like it’s shutting down.  I experience dizziness at work in the mornings and it’s affecting my job.  I feel like I’m going to faint everyday and I don’t know what to do! I know the easy option would be to get back on the meds, but even when I was taking them, I was still experiencing problems w/ my body and mind.

Please help me.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jayden, you need to go back and speak to your doctor. You may need to go back on medication but you also need to combine this with therapy. Try and stick to a healthy diet with plenty of exercise, even if it’s just walking to begin with while your anxiety is bad. I hate having to take medication too but I’ve had to accept that it helps me through my darkest times. Keep fighting and you’ll be on the road to recovery.
    • Posted

Thank you for your insight Lynsey.  I’m too afraid to go back to the doctor because I don’t want to be diagnosed with anything.  I feel terrible right now and it’s occuring every single day. 
    • Posted

I know it’s hard, believe me. I’ve sat in the surgery looking cool as a cucumber but inside I want to run. Your doctor will see that you have a history with anxiety and that that is the likely cause for your current distress. You are very young to be worried about heart disease. What is the family history if you don’t mind me asking and at what age did it occur in your family members?
    • Posted

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very much appreciated and I feel very comfortable talking to you about this.   My moms side have all suffered from heart disease, my grandfather had numerous heart attacks before he passed away indeed an heart attack. 
    • Posted

Hi Jayden, so I’m guessing this happened later in life with the heart disease. You are so young that you don’t need to be worrying yourself with this. If you keep yourself fit and active, that will serve you well. When you’re much older you can always request regular check ups given your family history. For now enjoy being young and carefree!
    • Posted

Thank you again Lynsey for the positive feedback. I do live a very healthy lifestyle, I go to the gym everyday and I watch what I eat. I’m just going through pain everyday and it’s awful. Sometimes unbearable. 
  • Posted

Hi Jayden...I'm going Tru the exact same thing.....I go to therapy,....i got Paxil and Valium but so scared of taking them.....these crazy thoughts of death.....it's horrible I don't know wat to do anymore..I just need them to go

• Posted

It’s very difficult man and I feel your pain. I really don’t know what to do anymore. It’s really scary 
  • Posted

Omg feel free to message me at anytime.. I too am currently experiencing the same thing I hate feeling like this and not being able to pinpoint it .. I want to feel like me but it's soo hard. 

• Posted

Hi there and thank you for your feedback. What kind of symptoms do you encounter?
    • Posted

A couple months ago it was Horrible I had every symptoms you can think of .. but now I just have shortness of breath frequently slight heart palpitations nothing too too serious and I've been a little paranoid about my nails when I'm cold they look purple too me which scared me makes me think something is wrong with my heart I take No meds I refuse and I don't want to go to the dr either I'm scared to get bad news as well...

• Posted

I know exactly what you’re going through and it’s horrible. I wish the pain and worry would just dissapear but it’s a constrant struggle to stay positive and try forget about the feelings. I have dizzy and faint spells about 6 times a day, my anxiety is awful in the mornings. Sometimes I literally feel as though I am going to collapse and die 
  • Posted

Did the meds make you feel better when you was taking it?I was given the samething by my doctor but I haven’t taken it yet because I’m afraid of the side effects..
    • Posted

Hi Eve. 

When I first started taking the meds they did take a while to kick into my system. My anxiety heightened at first and I had to take several days off work. Saying that, once they were in my system and working, they worked very well indeed.  Eventually I was able to build a tolerance and take myself away from the drug, but unfortunately now I am suffering big time. 

• Posted

Smh, this whole thing is definitely challenging. Some days I feel fine but other I just want to grab that bottle a shove those pills down my throat. I’ve been trying to deal with it naturally but it’s very hard. Hope we get through this fast.
    • Posted

Try and keep a positive mindset.  I have been trying to tell myself that it is all in my head.  I have also started exercising different breathing techniques. It seems to work 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.