someone please help me?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone, my name is Jayden. I am 24 years old and I’m currently going through hell.   I have a strong family history of anxiety, depression, heart disease and high cholesterol. I am starting to get worried because for the last year now I haven’t been feeling the same.  I am not sure what it is, but it doesn’t feel great.  I get crazy heart palputation, shortness of breath, dizziness, faintness, tightness of chest, difficulty breathing, over-breathing, weakness, fatigue, strong and sharp pains in my chest for several minutes. I went to see a doctor about this about a year ago and he diagnosed me w/ anxiety and depression, therefore he prescribed me w/ sertraline in which I took for 6-7 months.  

I decided to take myself off the drug because I felt as though I was addicted to them, and I haven’t taken one for about 5 months now.   

All of a sudden the feelings have come back, and it feels 100x worse than before. I am having crazy thoughts of death and my body feels like it’s shutting down.  I experience dizziness at work in the mornings and it’s affecting my job.  I feel like I’m going to faint everyday and I don’t know what to do! I know the easy option would be to get back on the meds, but even when I was taking them, I was still experiencing problems w/ my body and mind.

Please help me.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You have described exactly what i feel but for me it all started with a full blown panic attack and that was it i suddenly started having heart palpitations shortness of breath lost interest in every damn thing and became suicidal for a while thank goodness intrusive thoughts went away but depression and anxiety is still there and i f**kin hate it i don't even recognize myself anymore hate being on the edge all the goddam time 😭😭😭

• Posted

Thank you for your feedback and I understand what you’re feeling. I am going through the same thing everyday and it’s a constant battle for survival mentally. I keep telling myself that it is all in my head but my mindset is very weak.
  • Posted

I have many of the same sensations. I went to a heart doctor for my heart palpitations and he said people have them every day. Some people just feel them more. He said it was normal to feel them. It's still very scary to feel them but once I stopped giving them so much credit and stressing out about them they decreased.

Also I found out my dizziness was cause largely by holding my breath when I became anxious. Do you notice that you hold your breath? I also would get very tense in my neck (it took me a long time to realize this too) but I started doing small neck exercises every day to relieve tension and its helped a lot with my dizziness.

• Posted

I have many of the same sensations. I went to a heart doctor for my heart palpitations and he said people have them every day. Some people just feel them more. He said it was normal to feel them. It's still very scary to feel them but once I stopped giving them so much credit and stressing out about them they decreased.

Also I found out my dizziness was cause largely by holding my breath when I became anxious. Do you notice that you hold your breath? I also would get very tense in my neck (it took me a long time to realize this too) but I started doing small neck exercises every day to relieve tension and its helped a lot with my dizziness.

• Posted

Yes I can relate to everything that you are going through. Do you ever have moments of sharp pains in your heart area? It hurts so bad sometimes that I can’t breathe too hard.  I get those periodically throughout the week and it’s very scary.  
  • Posted

Jayden! It sounds like we have practically the same family history;-). Heart issues, high cholesterol, and anxiety are very common in my family, too.?I'm on antidepressants, and for me personally, they do help a lot with the anxiety. Of course, I'd prefer not to have to take anything, but for me the pluses outweigh the minuses.

?It probably is time for you to go back in to the doctor, and discuss with them going back on meds. You could start with a really low dose, and go from there. If it would make you feel better, they could do some heart tests too just for your own peace of mind.

• Posted

I had an EKG last year and everything was fine, blood tests also came back all clear.   I’ts just a constant battle everyday for mental survival, I have to keep telling myself that it’s all in my head which I hope will eventually make the paranoia and horrible feelings disappear. 

I refuse to go back on medication, I know that it helps but I do not want to be addicted to a prescription drug for the rest of my life.    I had to take myself away from that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.