Something that finally helped my LS....

Posted , 6 users are following.

I discovered something that made my long time LS about 85% better.

I've had this awful problem since I was 31, (I am 64 now).  It has gotten so bad that everything was white, burning, swelling and itchy. It hurt to even sit down.  For about the last 25 years I used Clobetasol with only minimal results.  It got so bad I was using it every day and it still was getting worse.

My GYN said it looked so bad that she did a biospy on it.  Here is the blessing in disguise:  She gave me a solution of half saline and half peroxide to spray on the area until it healed up from the biospy, (which turned out negative).  Being a diabetic, healing doesn't come easily to me.  While I was using that solution at least 3 times a day, I noticed that the usual swelling, burning and itching seemed to subside.  In fact, it has been four months...no swelling, burning or itching!  I have not had to use the Clobatasol even once!  This is amazing to me because I was told that nothing would inprove it.  So, now I am down to using the spray 1 to 2 times a day with continued improvement.  What a relief this has been.  I hope someone else can try this and get some relief.

4 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

excellent post Ozzie. Many just vanish once they've resolved their issue....plus good ole saline/hp mix and not a drug....couldn't be better.

Claudio

• Posted

It's truly been a miracle for me.  Good luck to you!
  • Posted

That is an amazing discovery.  What is saline and peroxide doing? 

I've had this calming down of LS most likely due to using baking soda.  Do peroxide and baking soda have something in  common, I wonder.  

• Posted

hmmm...I don't know if they have something in common.  All I know is that I've tried everything over the years, and this is the only thing that has made some real and lasting change.  How much has the baking soda helped you?  How do you use it?  When I get some time, I will start looking up anything I can find on baking soda and peroxide.  One other thing:  If you are going to try to use the paroxide, I think it is really important to make it with half saline solution that you can get at your drug store and be sure to use it after going to the bathroom.  I sure hope it helps for you as much as it has me.  This is a miserable disease!!!  Good luck!
    • Posted

Not to get too complicated, for now I stay with the baking soda.  What I may understand is that both saline combo peroxide and baking soda are some kind of desinfectant.

It's really giving me some hope that there may be ways to battle this debilitating disease after all.   

• Posted

In case my solution ever stops working for me, would you mind telling me exactly how you use the baking soda?  Best of luck to you.
    • Posted

At the moment I'm using it topical, practically the same way as you use your solution:  three to four pinches in a spray bottle.  But this morning I have also pressed a wet cosmetic pad in my small bowl with baking soda and rubbed it against the area that felt that typical ' zinz' of LS.  It calmed quickly down.  

Even if one has to do this all the time, it's always better than seeing LS creeping up further and further.  

Wishing you well.

• Posted

There are a few similarities. 

1 they are both used for cleaning. 

2 they both frizz up

3 they both i think cause an oxygen       exchange so its my guess they clean and promote oxygen to the area which improves healing?

Probably wrong but what i would like to know is what strength the peroxide was please?

Wilma. 

• Posted

Oh and 4 the area is also cleaned of bacteria on the skin whick will interfere with healing and cause more scaring. 
    • Posted

One last question.  Are you using water to mix your baking soda with?
    • Posted

Hi Wilma,

Thanks for the information.  I looked on the bottles that my doctor mixed for me and unfortunately it just says half peroxide and half saline.  I will try and give her a call on Monday and see if I can pin down the peroxide strength because I will be needing to mix some more up too.  I will pass this information on as soon as I get it. For the past 4 months, so far so good.  This mixture had not produced any more scaring.  For me, I have not felt this good in over 30 years!  Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Thanks Ozzie. Looking forward to your post then. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

In the US we have pure and 1 to 3% HP available..cheap.

To make a saline solution...I use either distilled or filtered water

1 teaspoon (4g) table salt to 1qt water...close to but a tad less than blood ph.

I use them separatly...haven't had the need to put them together..but if I did

merely 50 50 for a start.

My HP use: 3/% HP and filtered water 50 50 ratio...to clean wound area before reapplying fresh dressing.. for fresh scaring before tripple antibitoic gel.90% using q tip or cotton dabs...never rubbing or swipes.

Saline solution: to clean fresh wounds....spray..soak....dab.

HP is defined as an antiseptic...I also use it in horticulture.and used it in bathing fruits/greens before we had access to Organics.

Claudio

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.