Something that finally helped my LS....

Posted , 6 users are following.

I discovered something that made my long time LS about 85% better.

I've had this awful problem since I was 31, (I am 64 now).  It has gotten so bad that everything was white, burning, swelling and itchy. It hurt to even sit down.  For about the last 25 years I used Clobetasol with only minimal results.  It got so bad I was using it every day and it still was getting worse.

My GYN said it looked so bad that she did a biospy on it.  Here is the blessing in disguise:  She gave me a solution of half saline and half peroxide to spray on the area until it healed up from the biospy, (which turned out negative).  Being a diabetic, healing doesn't come easily to me.  While I was using that solution at least 3 times a day, I noticed that the usual swelling, burning and itching seemed to subside.  In fact, it has been four months...no swelling, burning or itching!  I have not had to use the Clobatasol even once!  This is amazing to me because I was told that nothing would inprove it.  So, now I am down to using the spray 1 to 2 times a day with continued improvement.  What a relief this has been.  I hope someone else can try this and get some relief.

4 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

One more thing.  Spraying this solution is not an overnight cure.  I had to use it for weeks to heal up the wound from the biopsie, (little did I know it was also healing the LS). However, if it works as well for you as it did for me, it is well worth the effort.  Not having all the symptoms that goes along with LS and not having to use Clobetasol, antibiotic creams and other stuff is such a God send.  I literally just spray this stuff on and forget it....amazing! I just wanted to put this out there incase it could help someone else.
    • Posted

Heres hoping then as these greasy lotions and potions are giving me other problems i dont need. In this heat it is spreading from original site to my groin where i am getting a thrushy pimply rash and very sensitive on skin between my legs.  

Wilma

• Posted

Very gratefull that you let all of us know.  There is hope.
    • Posted

I am convinced there is an answer to every problem...we just need to find it, Or in my case, I think it was devine intervention.
  • Posted

Here is the formula of Hydrogen peroixide and saline solution:

4 oz bottle of hydrogen peroxide mixed with:

500 ml of saline.

Then I put it in a spray bottle and use after each bathroom use...up to 4 times a day, (I'm now using it 1-2 times daily and it is keeping the LS about 85% better.  Some days I even forget I have LS...isn't that amaziing???  I hope this works for someone else.

• Posted

Thank you Ozzie, I wrote all down, just in case.
    • Posted

Thanks Ozzie. I too have written it down. 

I have started using the bi carb at home but i will get some peroxide and make that up for traveling. 

Since using the bicarb the sting is gone and a lovely cool refreshing feeling is left. I still us the ointment when i am irritated down there but no where near as often. 

Thank you ladies. You are brilliant. 

Thank you both for sharing. I some how feel this is an important breakthrough esp for me in my conditions. 

Wilma

• Posted

Good luck Wilma! I no longer use any kind of ointment and for the first time in 30 years I feel this condition is reversing. I hope this works for you as well as it has worked for me.

Nancy

• Posted

You're very welcome.  I wish you the best.
  • Posted

Hi, Ozzie and the group,

So good to find alternative methods are helping improve LS.  

Question:  What I gather is that HP and saline, baking soda, apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil are all disinfectants.  It looks like any of these would be helpful.  I have been thinking about using one of these for a while but I haven't had to courage to try them yet because of the sensitivity of the skin.  I can imagine unbearable burning reaction from any of them.  

All of your specific and detailed experiences will be most appreciated.

Recently, I had a red wine spill on my rug.  I used salt + water to blot it up.  I was told that HP or white wine or vinegar (any product that foams) can be used to pull the resin out of the fabric.  Somehow, there is relevance in how these solvents work on the fabric and how it could also apply to the sensitivity of the vaginal skin.  

It just seems so abrasive to use cleaning material for LS - yet, there is wisdom in it.  Anybody has an opinion of which of the above is better/worse than another?

Personally, simply applying olive oil on the vagina prior to peeing is already a noticeable improvement when the skin is acting up.  

Very grateful for this website and the intelligent, committed participants.  

I am happy to have went off clobestasol for about 10 months since it just did not feel comfortable and it was not helping the condition. 

• Posted

Ozzie0

If u ever look hear again...Can you please let know for how long  the saline and peroxide helped you. We're u able to stay away steroid since ? 

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.