Somethings not right

Posted , 8 users are following.

im the everything to everyone. I clean, cook help everyone with their issues do everyone laundry  but no one does it back. I dont think they are even grateful. If i complain i dont feel right it falls on deaf ears. Very hurtful. I have mentioned it, noone cares. They care about themselves. I dont think im seen as a human. Its really mean and rude. How is this? Im moving around with my face tingly and im tired and they are resting or eating and its starting to annoy me. Im only human, they are all adults here.  My husband doesnt say a word, he expects it all and doesnt even care that its all on me.Im like a useful item and only existing to for their needs. I think sometims it burries deep inside me and makes me feel sad. Sometimes i really wonder if this causes me anxiety, very lonely at times to feel so used.

3 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I know with my anxiety and depression I can feel very compelled to do everything for everyone, and then feel unappreciated for doing it. At the time I blame others,but to be honest I think it's more about how I'm feeling and less about them
    • Posted

Maybe there is truth to that too. It just takes a lot out of me to do them. Sometimes i have to really put forth a lot of effort to get it all done, so maybe if i didnt have this anxiety i wouldnt mind. I dont knnow
    • Posted

Id still mind. Whats the old saying..people only can treat you the way you allow them to.
  • Posted

I can relate at times. When it gets bad enough I just tell whoever it is what I think. Dont put up with it. Go on strike then maybe they will realise just how much you do for them. Its not healthy to keep your feelings locked up. You deserve some respect. I never can keep my feelings about these things inward. If what you are saying to them is fact,there is nothing wrong with letting them know.Xx
    • Posted

they dont care. I dont mean that in a cold way but they dont. I have said stuff. Everyone has an excuse of why they cant help, or do whatever and i feel compelled if anyone is sad or having an issue to try and help them. I cant be mean, i dont want to be...part of this i know is my own fault but when i was in good physcial shape i didnt care, now i care. And why is it so hard to be compassionate? They all seem to know how to be needy lol.  
    • Posted

You dont have to be mean. Explain how it makes you feel when you dont feel well yourself they need to help you,look all you do for them. Im haveing health issues now,my husband is not compassionate. So tonight I marched myself up to him,told him that my dr apt in july hes going with me and reminded him i have always been there when he was sick. Well he is going. But he still acts put out that Im sick.
    • Posted

since my ailments with my eye and such came its a bit harder now. I have explained this too. They dont seem to be interested or are so self absorbed they dont get it just harder now for me. They arent bad people they just need to be kinder about it.
    • Posted

I can relate,my health issues,well my husband couldnt tell you,he knows its an eye thing. Ive told him like 3 times exactly whats wrong and i bet he still doesnt know. Hopeing he will understand if he hears a doctor say it. My kids are out of the house.one of my sons takes me to my eye apts as he has days off during the week. Hes very supportive. The other one doesnt ask,but he comes over every sunday,and I know if I need him,he will be there. Oh and my dog,truely is womans best friend in my case,if im unwell he is by my side all the time. Like hes glued to me lol cant imagine not having him as my husband is gone alot. Bud is such a comfort.
    • Posted

Oh Lee. I know exactly what you mean about your dog. I had to put my Austin down 2 years ago TODAY. I really have never gotten over it. Sad day for me today......
    • Posted

I am so sorry. I dont know how I will manage without my little dog. Hugs to you!
    • Posted

I make my husband come to appointments for the eyes. He knows too. He tells me to make the best of it. Um? And my dog is the most loving dog as well. God blessed us with these loving fur balls.
    • Posted

Yup,i think of my dog as my angel. Was there for me when i had a back problem also. I know when i had my back issue,it was like some things you just have to accept and live with it. Ha,at the time we didnt know it was my back. If Id have done that,Id have never gotton better. Get this it was my doctors attitude to.
    • Posted

Maybe one day you can get a another dog. Not to,replace austin but in addition to him. They are a bit of work but the love they give is endless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.