Soooo tired!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with PR last week.

I got my 'Mother Patch' on the back of my leg about 5 weeks ago, after being on holiday. I went to the docs and they said it was ringworm and I was prescribed with some cream. About a week and a half after that I started noticing patches on my chest and back which have spread quite rapidly. I also noticed that I have been feeling a lot more tired than usual. I went back to the docs shortly after and they told me I had PR. I had never even heard of it! They gave me a print out of what it was and how long it may last etc. I was horrified to see that there was no cure!! sad

After reading some of the experiences on here I was slightly relieved to hear that I was not on my own. Although I'm worried about how bad this will get and how long it may last.

I'm 26 and work in a school so have just started a new term which has been quite stressful. Plus some other bits and bobs that have happened over the summer which I think will have contributed to my stress levels. This I believe could be linked to my PR.

I have some cream to help with any itching but I have also started to try Head and Shoulders shampoo as a body wash as described by some other sufferers. I have only been using it for the last couple of days so have not really noticed any major changes yet although my 'Mother patch' seems less red than it has been. I will keep trying!

The tiredness seems to be my biggest problem at the mo, although the rash is unsightly!. If anyone has experienced this or has any ideas on how to help this that would be great!

Good Luck to you all!! smile

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello to anyone with Pityraisis Rosea.  My first spots appeared 9 weeks ago! Began all  over my back, spread today along groin creases. I too become fatigued easily.

Mercifully the patches do not itch, though they are joining up. I am using anti Dandruff shampoo as a body wash and sitting in sun when possible. A few of the upper patches are fading.

My question is - I am due to have an epidural anaesthetic in two weeks time. Will this be possible though the patches?

• Posted

prreze is a miracle worker in a jar if you have PR i swear to you this is the only thing that worked for me.
  • Posted

This is the third time I have had PR...each time many years apart. I thought this time it was a reaction to changing laundry detergent , but now I am certain it is PR again. This is the first time it has itched. And, the tiredness is really noticeable. I'm very active and swim every day. Yesterday was the first day I noticed the tiredness at the pool, and today was even worse. I may see my dermatologist, but I doubt it. I think I will just use moisturizers and try to keep up my normal routine. I am assuming the tiredness is because I am older this time. At least I know what to expect and know that it will run its course.

• Posted

I feel your pain! lol. I have had mine now for 7 wks. My dermatologist asked if I had been sick and I actually did have a pretty bad upper respiratory in April. She said that was most likely the cause and there isn't any real 'reason' why some people have the rash appear afterwards. I had the mother patch first and then about two weeks later I was covered all over ..neck, back, stomach, chest. Thank Goodness it never reached my face! lol. I have been using Eucerin cleanser and feel it did start to calm it down. Wish I could be of more help, but yes.. you are definitely not alone!

• Posted

I'm sorry you have had it so long. I'm starting to get a little less tired. I swim in a salt water pool at the gym every day , and I think that is helping. I can't remember anything that triggered mine. I did a lot of research and found an odd correlation between wearing new garments or those that had been in storage as being a trigger. The first time I got it, I was 19, and I always thought that it was from a new top I had sewn and worn for the first time, and I actually threw it away. Of course, at the time, the doctor didn't think so. That's why I thought it was odd to find a study that kind of confirmed what I had thought about the top after 45 years. lol I hope you are much better soon. I also found that zinc oxide (baby Desitin) helps to keep the skin in great condition and clear the rash.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.