Sore achy legs

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I've suffered numbness and tingly pins/needles in my legs for past few years, had MRI 3 years ago, looked fine.

But now if I'm going short walks i.e. Around the house etc I'm fine , but once I start walking i.e. To work or the shops etc I get a pain in my calf and leg/knee and it's so painful I have to stop a few times on the way.

I'm also starting to get pain in my lower back at same time.

I'm still getting the numbness and tingly feet and leg

Saw go two weeks ago she gave me exercises for knee pain?

Anyone else had same?

Bit worrying now ... thanks

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Justme67  i have suffered from leg pain for maybe the last 5-6 years with the last 3 become so much worse. its this super sore achy feeling mostly in my calfs and thighs. its so bad sometimes i get cold sweats if that makes any sense at all. i have gone to the rhuemathologist, neurologist, vascular doctors, pain management and what i have been left with is neuropathic pain syndrome. which is what? i dont know, but im hoping we can help figure something out for each other lol 
    • Posted

Hi gabby

Hopefully we can🤔

I had MRI lumbarsacral ladt week

Results came back as 'no significant change from last scan 3 years ago...

So where do I go from here?

Feeling bit down tbh as I really was hoping something would've shown so could've had answers and treat it?!

I can't go on like this , I loved walking. Now have to stop at least 4 times on what should be a 20 min walk to work.

Sitting here typing this with my leg tingling and pins needles in left foot and leg...

How are you?

What do you do for work?

I'm in n retail, hard sometimes with legs

😀

0 Reply

• Posted

I am back in physical therapy and she thinks it's my hamstring I was given the same exercises that others have given me and they are not working so I will see I have the exact same thing going on with me

• Posted

Hi

Are you having pins n needles and numbness?

Have you had scans etc ?

How are you coping?

• Posted

Hello justme67 - I had the same problem with my nerves in my legs and feet.  It turned out that I have Hashimoto's Disease and the neuropathy is a symptom of that.  It really helped me to remove gluten, dairy and soy from my diet.  You might try that for two weeks and see how you feel.  If you think you might have an autoimmune disorder a simple blood test for Antibodies in your blood will prove it.  Good Luck.  Also, it helps to soak in Epsom Salt.  The magnesium gets into your body fast through your skin and helps the nerves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.