Sore/blisters around vagina - HELP *picture*

Posted , 252 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I have painful blister-like sores around my vagina on a couple on my vaginal lips and I'm wondering a. how I can ease the pain/get rid of them and b. what they are. 

Just to give a background on the last few weeks: I got a particularly back strain of tonsillitis a few weeks ago and was put on very strong antibiotics to clear it. After this I had a slight itch and touch of thrush which cleared up after taking a dose of pro-biotics. A week after the itch I shaved all my pubic hair, I stupidly didn't trim the hair before I did that. I had sex with my boyfriend after this, he's the only person I've been having sex with for 6 months and vice versa. I have experienced pain after having sex with him and some skin tears due to his and my size (he's quite large and I'm apparently smaller than average). I then got my period this week and started to feel irritation which was mild at first like usual grow-back irritation after shaving and then it progressed to quite irritant and painful - I'm assuming the pads I was using didn't help matters. To ease the irritation I was using an antiseptic cream which would typically be used for nappy rash. 

When my period was done I examined myself and felt small bumps, first they were under the skin and are now over the skin and blister-like and some have popped and seeped. My vaginal lips are quite dry and there are a couple of pimple-like bumps on them which are quite painful. I soaked in a warm bath last night with a couple of drops of tea-tree oil, some baking soda and some E45 dermatological emollient bath oil and this seemed to help. When I woke up this morning the pain had eased slightly but the sores which had popped were crusted over with a yellow pus. I cleared this and the pus has not returned, but they are still painful. The pain seems to mostly be coming from the hairs that are growing back in the area irritating the sores. I have been using E45 dermatological (and alternately Salvon antiseptic) cream to ease the itching and give me some relief.   

Basically, I'm looking for suggestions on how to ease this pain and clear the sores up. If anyone has had a similar issue and knows exactly what this is help would be greatly appreciated. From examining myself and researching STIs/STDs online it does not resemble anything I've seen but if anyone has a suggestion they are more than welcome!

9 likes, 246 replies

246 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm not sure what you've looked at online, but you look exactly what the picture look like online for herpes.

You mentioned tearing since being w your bf. Fissures are very much a sign of herpes. Thats whay i had show up first, before the sores.It sounds like you've had this for some time and getting sick and being on meds and such, lowered your immune system, that you're now experiencing a full blown outbreak. How many days have you looked like this?

The only way to relieve some pain is 800mlgs motrin every 4hrs and Epsom salt baths and applying tea tree oil conservativly. Unfortunately, the primary ob of herpes, there is little to be done for pain and you have to just ride it out.

• Posted

The other thought that I had was ingrown hairs or infected hair follicles?

By bf got tested regularly before we got together and we've both been carefully with our sexual health. 

• Posted

It's only been like this for a day or so, since my period stopped 
    • Posted

No hun... I'm sorry. Ingrown hairs do the blister and ulcerate. If anything an infected ingrown air, would look more life an abscess and be a hard lump. You look like I did down there on my primary outbreak.

Herpes test is not included in the full STD screen panel either. If someone does not specifically request for a herpes test, they will not be included and this is why so many are led to believe they have a clean bill of health. About 80% of people are asymptomatic, which means they have no symptoms to herpes or so mild, they are mistaken for other things.

I think there is a high probability based on your tonsillitis symptoms, that you contracted HSV 1 (oral herpes) orally and on your genitals and that's why you were actually sick. Either way, you won't know which strain, until you get tested. Meaning, if it is HSV 1 or 2. I know this can be a hard pull to swallow hun. May I ask how old you are and what country you're from, as you seem very naieve to sexual education?

OK.. You need to soak in as much Epsom salt baths as possible. Start taking a daily live culture probiotic immediately, w high doses of Vitamin C, Bs, D, zinc and magnesium. Do not be surprised if the pain increases w in the next few days.

Do you have any itching or other strange sensations below the belt? Buttock, anus, back of thighs, shooting pains, tingling?

• Posted

From looking at picture of the lesions online I wasn't convinced that this was herpes as mine did not appear in small clusters but more where the hairs were growing? I'm going to see a doctor ASAP obviously though. 

I know that the oral herpes virus recurs less ferquently in the genital region as is is predominantly found in the mouth - may I ask which one you contracted? And how long does a swab test take to come back? I'm in my mid-twenties from Ireland, and yes our sexual education is pretty abysmal. 

I'm going to have another bath this evening, to be honest the pain is after subsiding a great deal since last night and today after applying disposable cloths soaked in boiled water and tea-tree to treat the blisters and there's just a mild itch now. There's no pain anywhere else, just the slight itch when the hairs/clothing aggravate it. 

I also want to add, the fissures/tearing only happen when we have rough sex and at specific angles due to siz, and obviously if there's not enough lubrication. I added that piece of info as I know any cuts/tears can leave bacteria into the skin, especially "down there".

From doing research online there were a lot of people who had similar complaints from shaving etc. but thank you for your help! It is a hard pill to swallow, hopefully the doctor can help. 

• Posted

Well, your hairs are everywhere. I only had one cluster... The rest were individual sores that popped up. They started as bumps, then blistered, then ulcerated and looked just like yours do. Do not pick at them anymore or you will spread the virus around yo other areas. Ensure to wash your hands well after touching down there and do not rub your eyes. I'm not sure what you googled specifically, but there's pics that look like yours. W herpes, there really is no one size fits all. Everyone has a different experience w herpes w their symptoms, as it is dependent upon your immune system and how it deals w the virus.

I have HSV 1 orally and HSV 2 on my genitals. Swab tests have a high failure rate, if not swabbed w in 48hrs of the sores coning up. I knew it was herpes before mine even blistered. I hadn't had sex in 2yrs and 3 days after sex, I had fissures and burning when I peed. I was visually diagnosed, confirmed a week later I believe w a swab test and a blood test was negative, because the infection was new and my body had not built up antibodies for it yet. I took a blood test 3 months later and that one did come up positive for herpes that time.

Hun, everyone is in a state of shock when it happens. I didn't cry until I went to the gyno and she confirmed it. First she said she wasn't sure looking at my external sores, but when she opened me up, I had internal sores and she said yep, that's herpes and I burst I to tears. Itching pay also get worse as the sores start to heal. Did you have any cold sores on your mouth recently or ulcers inside your mouth too?

• Posted

I'm going to try to get to the women's health centre tomorrow as the sores are still there. The sores only appeared on Friday as bumps.

No, I've never gotten a cold sore before, neither has my bf to my recollection. I do sometimes get a small bump on my lip but it's never been cold sore-like, if you get me? (it's never been a big pimple/boil with pus). I've not had any mouth ulcers either. I have been pretty run down this week from my period and wrok etc and have a touvh of a sore throat again...

Yeah, I'm not exactly over the moon and I'm sure I'll have a similar reaction when it's confirmed by the doctor. 

• Posted

Yes, but when they start crusting, it says it is past the time for swabbing, as not enough virus comes up. Mine ulcerated the day before I was swabbed. Ask if they have a quick reaction DNA swab. That one isn't sensitive to the viral load, like the culture, which requires a certain amount of virus, in order to grow.

I have oral herpes, but I don't get cold sores either. I got a cold sore later in life, at the age of 22 from my ex, so I remember my first ob and I got very sick and had tons of ulcers inside my mouth, but none on the outside. To this day, I just get a red dot and it goes away in a day or two. Not everyone displays symptoms. One of my friends was tested and was shocked to learn she had hsv 1, because she's never had a cold sore a day in her life. I thought based on how well my body has suppressed and handled hsv 1, that it would be the same for hsv 2 on my genitals. Not so, I had a case like none of the 3 doctors I saw heard of, w severe neuropathy going down my buttock and back of thighs. I felt like a burn victim and couldn't handle having clothes touch my skin. I have had symptoms of crawling, tingling, itching and pins and needles every day, since I got this last July and even on daily meds. It wasn't until two months ago, everything suddenly started to calm down and I'm starting to sense some normalcy once again. You just have no idea, how your body will react

The running down is actually from the outbreak. Same thing happened to me and I slept constantly.

It's OK... Everyone has that reaction. A woman I made friends w on here and we've become pen pals pretty much (she lives in Scotland), as I supported her through a month of her primary ob. I was impressed how she was handling it the first week, to two weeks and I told her that. She didn't seem to have excruciating pain or itching yet after a week or more of having an ob, but then that second week, was a flood gate of a bunch of other symptoms that were painful. The you started to see the emotional toll come out. I think it is shock to be honest. The day I knew w out a doubt I had herpes, after checking myself w a mirror before I was going to a workout class, I calmly walked over to my neighbors and sat down and said, I am pretty much 100% sure I have herpes and she said whaaatt!!?? In disbelief. I showed her the pictures I took of what were fissures still at the time and one red bump and she said it doesn't look like your typical sore. Even a friend who was a doc said that after my workout class. Yes .. I still went and worked out and Dis the rest of the week, until the day after the gyno appt. Day 3 I think of ulcers and I got really fatigue and then a crap more of bumps popped up over the days and itching commenced. Everyone is different. I had itching before my friend did.. She had itching after the sores almost healed. That's why I explain that herpes for everyone is as unique as an individuals thumbprint, because our immune systems are as unique as our thumbprints. We can only assume so many symptoms people will believe. It wasn't widely accepted and still isn't, that genital herpes can cause severe or mild even, post herpetic neuralgia and that only shingles did that. That's not true, myself. My friend and others on forums have experiences it and w doctors all having the same response: they've never heard that before, that's usually the case w shingles.

It is really stupid thinking and shows a doctor can't think for themselves and only thinks what they were taught. Out of the 8 herpes viruses, the one that causes shingles, is in the aloha herpes group w HSV 1 & 2. They are very similar and why they are grouped together, so noy sure why they think one wouldn't cause similar issues as the other in some patients.

You'll be on honey. We are here for you and if you need to talk about anything, just reach out to me in private message. Have you spoken to your bf yet?

• Posted

It's possible that a couple of them haven' "Popped" yet. I'll call them first thing in the morning to se how fast they can fit me in. 

I think I get the same red dot instead of a cold sore to be honest, almost like a hard pin prick on the top of my lip. 

I called my boyfriend earlier after a few of your replies and we talked it out, he was a bit confused as he's never had any symptoms but I explained that symptoms aren't always there. He's been on antibiotics recently too for a chest infection but was obviously lucky enough to not have an outbreak like me. 

Thank you so much for your support, I may PM you as to not be clogging up the forum smile

• Posted

I'll be here when you need me and I'll help walk you through things. But right now, you really need to boost your immune system w those vitamins and probiotics. Those are very specific things I researched on. Good luck and keep your chin up.
    • Posted

I told my doctor abt the weird feeling on my left buttock. Its a strange feeling. It feels abit numb and itches sometimes. Doctor said it has nothing to do with herpes and just brushed it off like that.

I've got myself tested 10 days after the exposure. So obviously i got a negative on the IGG test. But im pretty sure i have herpes as i got almost all of the symptoms. Flu for a couple of hours, body felt warm for 2 days, 3 genital ulcers (two red bumps and one that looks like canker sore) but only felt the stinging pain for like half an hour, had ulcers in my mouth( this could be caused by dehydration as sometimes i get that when i dont drink enough water but the timing is just too much of a coincidence )

• Posted

Everytime you get your period you will get an outbreak. Herpes is not something they test for on a full scale STD panel. It's unfortunate but it's how it is.

• Posted

This not ture, ppl breakout differently, I haven't had a break out in 4yrs. Keeping stress down and having a healthy diet helps keep the herpes virus at bay. Quiting smoking helps also. Keeping stress low and feeding your body nutrient rich food is the world's natural remedy and having antivirals helps too. Lol

• Posted

I'm only in my mid teens and Ive never had sex before, the only sexual thing I have done is masterbaiting (and I haven't done that within the last 2-3 weeks). I have a wound-looking thing on the inside of my vaginal lip, it's 1cm length wise and red around the rims of the sore, with white on the inside. This has only appeared within the last 3 days and only hurts when I wipe myself or shower (washing it directly)

• Posted

I have these big bumps all up and down and they really hurt sometimes they hurt so bad to the point where I can't even walk and I'm afraid to go to the bathroom because it hurts when I pee there's also some yellow stuff coming out of them don't know what it could be. one doctor told me it wasn't herpes because it's not in clusters but another told me that it was I'm not sure how to upload a picture but I want to badly because I'm freaking out and want to figure out what it is so how do I add a picture

• Posted

Ive has those kind of lumps under my armpit i went to the doctor's and they told me it was an allergic reaction i decided to shave my pubic hairs and then i ended up getting them there but i recently noticed a bump on my inner thigh and back thigh i was last std tested in march and everything came out normal my boyfriend decided to shave his pubic hair with my razor and now he has a bump

Can i have genital herpes and have passed it on to him we've been 8 months together and till now he has a bump

Please answer

• Posted

hello, my last relationship was almost 10 years ago, and we had sex before but i didn't showed any signs of std or something. i didn't have any partner or sexual relationship after that, now my gf had been showing signs of GH but we did not have sex for almost 3 months already, is it possible that i have GH but i did not show any signs and my gf could have gotten it from me? 

• Posted

You can only get an accurate result for herpes when you have the blisters. A doctor will "pop" a blister to drain the fluid and then collect the fluid on a swab to be tested for the hsv2 virus. A blood test can also be performed along with the swab to ensure proper identification of the virus (hsv1 vs. Hsv2) but it will only show up during an outbreak.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.