Sore/blisters around vagina - HELP *picture*

Posted , 252 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I have painful blister-like sores around my vagina on a couple on my vaginal lips and I'm wondering a. how I can ease the pain/get rid of them and b. what they are. 

Just to give a background on the last few weeks: I got a particularly back strain of tonsillitis a few weeks ago and was put on very strong antibiotics to clear it. After this I had a slight itch and touch of thrush which cleared up after taking a dose of pro-biotics. A week after the itch I shaved all my pubic hair, I stupidly didn't trim the hair before I did that. I had sex with my boyfriend after this, he's the only person I've been having sex with for 6 months and vice versa. I have experienced pain after having sex with him and some skin tears due to his and my size (he's quite large and I'm apparently smaller than average). I then got my period this week and started to feel irritation which was mild at first like usual grow-back irritation after shaving and then it progressed to quite irritant and painful - I'm assuming the pads I was using didn't help matters. To ease the irritation I was using an antiseptic cream which would typically be used for nappy rash

When my period was done I examined myself and felt small bumps, first they were under the skin and are now over the skin and blister-like and some have popped and seeped. My vaginal lips are quite dry and there are a couple of pimple-like bumps on them which are quite painful. I soaked in a warm bath last night with a couple of drops of tea-tree oil, some baking soda and some E45 dermatological emollient bath oil and this seemed to help. When I woke up this morning the pain had eased slightly but the sores which had popped were crusted over with a yellow pus. I cleared this and the pus has not returned, but they are still painful. The pain seems to mostly be coming from the hairs that are growing back in the area irritating the sores. I have been using E45 dermatological (and alternately Salvon antiseptic) cream to ease the itching and give me some relief.   

Basically, I'm looking for suggestions on how to ease this pain and clear the sores up. If anyone has had a similar issue and knows exactly what this is help would be greatly appreciated. From examining myself and researching STIs/STDs online it does not resemble anything I've seen but if anyone has a suggestion they are more than welcome!

9 likes, 246 replies

246 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

*update*

The itching and irritation was quite bad today when I woke up but  cleaned and creamed and it's looking a lot better than it was. I started to get thin cream-like discharge earlier then when I went to the bathroom to clean it and cream again during work. 

The appointment was at 4, she did a swab test, I went through all the above with her and she had a look and did a swab, she said she'd be very very surprised if it wasn't herpes but given that we've had oral sex with him having a history of coldsores leads her to believe that there's a high chance it is type 1, but she said there is also a chance that it's type two which will be a different conversation to have with him and I nodded through tears - she was lovely. Before the swab she told me it would hurt a lot and it wasn't actually as painful as some of the pain I'd be having which she was surpised and looked pained to know. 

She was genuinely lovely, reassured me that it's not a death sentence and said it was one of those unlucky things. I was then asking her about testing etc and she went through that testing is onyl really accurate with swabs, and if he's had HSV cold sores then blood tests would come back inconclusive for types in her experience (she was an older doctor 50-60 maybe). 

She prescribed me Valaciclovir Activis 500mg at 2 per day for 5 days, she said a longer dose wouldn't be beneficial as it had clearly started to clear up from my home treatments and asked if I needed a prescription for the pain, which I don't - paracetemol seems to be helping quite a lot and I can always take ibuprofen if I need. She said to keep doing what I'm doing with baths and cleaning it and obviosuly said no sex until it's all cleared up. 

She swabbed a particularly late blooming sore on my labia that was particularly big and seemed to get a decent swab sample. Said it should be back in a week and to call the clinic for the results. 

She definiely agreed that after I had basically no immune system after my anti-biotics and because I never had had an outbreak of coldsores this is why this particular outbreak was so bad and any further ones shouldn't be as bad unless I'm under an immense amount of stress. 

I'm just after another bath and clean there and it's looking ten times better than Saturday - even the pain I was getting while urinating is after improving. She was surpised I could even bear to pee at all considering the sore that she swabbed is right where the urethrea basically is. 

Now I just have to wait to see waht the swab test comes back as I suppose which will proabbly be the longest wait of my life... 

I would encorage anyone that has any symptooms like this or any itching etc to go get checked ASAP as you won;t have a full peace of mind until you do 

• Posted

Hey sweetie,

I'm glad you finally got to see a doctor about this. I don't agree w the dosage and the recommended dosage by valtex ia actually 10 days, but I have noticed that, in europe you guys seem to be given considerably less medication for treatment. Be prepared that your pain may increase. Mine and bothers increased after a week or more ?, but it may not have, as I suspect you had this for a lil bit and your compromised immune system allowed it to go full blast.

The only thing that stooped my itching were baths. A cold pack wrapped in paper towels at night helps some. Just stuff it between your legs and tey to sleep. The itching can get very intense and almost as bad as the pain and can make sleeping difficult.

She is incorrect to a point on blood tests. If someone has HSV 1 orally and genitally. But has never had an ob on their genitals, the blood test won't say where the location of the diagnosis is. So it can be misleading, if it is hsv 1. Now if it is hsv 2, well.. It means jt is on genitals. Hsv 2 orally is rare, at only 1% of the cases.

I think it is quite common to cry on the table. Myself, you and others don't cry when we suspect we have it the first week, but once we have confirmation, it can make the eater works start. I hope you're OK and getting some rest. Hang in there.

• Posted

Hi there, just wanted to see how you went with the diagnosis? Did it come thru as herpes and if so, type 1 or 2? I have similar symptoms to you so keen to see your outcome - I did swabs with my Dr today.. One for herpes the other for bacterial (potentially a staph infection instead)... When I saw my dr on Saturday he said there were only fissures there that had got infected, so gave me a course of bacterial antibiotics... Then a few days later, the blisters appeared... He was baffled at the change...
    • Posted

It turned out as type 1 w her. She handled the diagnosis like a champ and didn't seem much bothered by it... We private messages a few times back and forth after her diagnosis and then she faded out, going about living her life happily, so I was happy for her.
    • Posted

Mine started as fissure's as well. That was the first sign I displayed when newly infected and then they turned into ulcers.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying! Ahh type 1... And how soon do you think your fissures appeared after infection? It took almost a week for the fissures to turn into blisters... And do you think your outbreaks have been less severe and less frequent as time goes on?
    • Posted

Mine appeared two days after infection and then ulcerated w in 24hrs after appearance. Herpes presents so differently in each person, because our immune systems are as unique as a thumb prints, so there's no one size fits all.

I'm the wrong person to ask about it getting better sort of, because I've yet to come across anyone who had a primary OB as severe as mine was. It took me a long time to get where I am now and I have had this just a week and some change over a yr. I am on daily suppression, but still get breakthrough obs on it. However, they're not painful anymore and I know my triggers. Liquor and my period are my triggers. Lack of sleep will do it as well.

Now I get red bumps and it doesn't usually blister and is gone in a couple days, so long as I take nightly Epsom salt baths.

The worst part of me is not the bumps, but my nerves have never been the same. I had severe neuropathy during my primary and for months after. Now if my H is active or just shedding, I am uncomfortable sitting on something that makes me put all my pressure on my tailbone.. Like a backless chair or something. Feels tender.

• Posted

You my dear are very brave.... I wish I had this kind of support from ppl around me... So depressed at this point..
    • Posted

If period is what triggers herpes, does it mean you get an OB every month? I think during my first outbreak, my bum felt numb for a week. Very strange feeling.
    • Posted

Hi first time posting.. But I have the same symptoms. Never an ulcer or lesion only bumps but the neuropathy has been constant for four months. It gradually got better but happens everyday ( crawling, tingling, ringing, movement and burning ) in my legs, thighs, shoulders, fingers and arms. I went to a nutrionist who has prescribed several things treating arthritis. This has helped a lot but still I feel the nerves. I highly recommend bio-curcummin and lysine.
  • Posted

can someone please help me? I am 15 a juinor and feeling very lost and alone right now. I as forced to have my first sexual experience, and now have to live with herps for the rest of my life because of it. My sores just look like flat open wounds. the pain is horrible. 

My question are, how will i know when im healing, and how should I be treating this besides the oitment and pills the doctor gave me

• Posted

You poor baby, don't be hard on yourself. If you were forced upon I hope you found some help or reached out to law enforcement. Never underestimate your own strength. Usually after a bit the ulcers start to dry up and crust and start to heal. I found that for my self my daily vitamins help. I take lysine 1000mg once I start to feel the sign of an outbreak coming on. Tea tree oil bath can help lessen the pain. Also lemon balm helps as a topical or put in the bath with the tea tree. Lemon balm comes from then plant melissa officinalis, has antiviral properties. I also have it in tea form. Most of all try to keep the stress down. When your body is tired or stressed it causes your immune system of faulter leaving your body vulnerable for the virus to come out. This is not the end of your world you can live a fully functional life with this. Keep your head up high and take care of your body. Now your gonna have to take Extra care of it. Nourish yourself well and take a yoga class. Get to Dr. Immediately. Get tested and if your positive do your research on this virus and educate yourself. Stay well.

• Posted

Can somebody please help me? sad I am from the Philippines. I think i have herpes. Last week I got a blister like sore or ulcer on the upper part of my mouth. It is still there until now. And then I got blisters around my vagina!!!!!! sad I feel so weak and sad right now. I don't have any money to see a doctor. I really don't know what to do. sad Pls help!!!! sad
    • Posted

Tea tree oil will help you to stop itching. Black tea also helps a lot sometime. Just put a wet teabag onto the infected area and leave it there for about 30 minutes. These are the tips which helps me.
    • Posted

I will try that. Thank you so much! I am so worried right now!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.