Sore clitoris

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm puzzled. I've been using my steroid for about a week and a half. In the last day or two my clitoris is getting sensitive and sore to the touch. Is it from steroid or Aloe Vera gel? Any thoughts?

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hard to tell Sandra, what causes the sensitivity of the clitoris.  The other day I used some Witch Hazel.  Nothing seemed to work, but the Witch Hazel calmed it down.  I blamed the extreme heat.  Was it really so?  
    • Posted

And is it pure distilled witch hazel oil I'm looking for?
    • Posted

Yes, the pure distilled witch hazel oil is the best.  You can dilute it or not. If you do dilute it only do so with about 15% purified or distilled water. The witch hazel that has the alcohol in it will work...but it will sting for a moment or two...if you use this...pat it dry after spraying and apply the aloe...which will calm things down.  It's sometimes difficult to find the pure witch hazel...so I have used the alcohol form when needed.
    • Posted

It comes in a bottle, some kind of generic brand from the supermarket.  O use it the way it comes.  It's 85 percent, some water, some alcohol.  Fairly innocent I thought, but amazingly effective when the hot weather bothers me.  

I do think that it's the whole combination of things I do and use that make it manageable.  When I become sloppy LS lets me know soon.  

• Posted

I sometimes get the same, and so I just make sure that I apply a little Clob under the hood of the clitoris (tiny amount) and it goes away after a day or so.  I have no idea for sure what causes mine, but I think the trigger could be when I eat something sweet.
    • Posted

I'm really confused. He said I have LS on both sides of clit. I'm thinking he meant on both sides of the hood?? So might I be irritating it with putting steroid right on it??
  • Posted

Steroid cream can cause sensitivity in some.  Back off a day or two and you should be fine.  Use Cetaphil to wash the area and rinse well.
    • Posted

Aloe vera gel can cause sensitivity or irritation with long term use...but also, some may also be allergic to it.  The best thing so that you don't become immune to it's positive effects is to alternate with another solution...like the coconut oil or emu oil that so many on here also recommend.
  • Posted

I'm not at expert (and new to this Forum) but I read on one of the resource sheets that aloe vera can irritate.  You could switch to coconut oil (which many on here use and which I certainly am finding soothing.)
  • Posted

Thanks to all! I was using coconut oil at the time. I wonder if it gets irritating when it melts. Mine had melted from the heat and I seemed to get irritated from it.
    • Posted

Coconut oil is supposed to be one of the more stable oils. It should not matter that it has melted...but you may want to keep it in a cool place to prolong it's shelf life. Even when it's very hard...it easily melts at body temperature.  I've been using the aloe vera gel for about 4 months and only recently noticed a little sensitivity. I backed off on it a bit and used manuka honey at bedtime for a couple of days and it the sensitivity went away. I try to use the aloe vera only once or twice a day now so that if it was the cause of the sensitivity that hopefully by not overdoing it I won't have a reoccurence.  And yes, you are correct...wth many the aloe vera gel helps relieve the itch...so I believe it's worth using.
  • Posted

Also have greatly reduced the amount of aloe Vera gel I use. I'm disappointed. Really seemed to help the itch. Maybe it was the aloe Vera?? This is one puzzling condition.
    • Posted

Perhaps rotating might be the answer? I've been looking around for witch hazel, but the product i found had lots of other things in it. Can you recommend your brand renee?
    • Posted

Think maybe that was it Sandra? But perhaps you'll be able to return to it as part of a rotation in due course since it might have other benefits?
    • Posted

I actually have never used witch hazel. Have considered it. I've not been diagnosed long. There r pros on here that might have suggestions.

• Posted

I think maybe rotation would b helpful. Thanks for the suggestion.
    • Posted

welcome! I think its renee who's keen on witch hazel. Lets hope she comes on with some tips. An emollient is also probably a good idea too. x great to talk to you.
    • Posted

I found the witch hazel without any additive on amazon. I'm dilluting mine by about 15% with distilled or purified water. Seems to be just as effective...and lasts longer. I've heard that you can sometimes find it at a health food store

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Okay, the moderator will not let me tell you the brand.  So let's try again.

Look on amazon...they have one without additives that I reduce with purified water by about 15%,  Others on here have found it at local health food stores.

• Posted

thanks renee. I'll have a look. But i did previously check out my health food store and it had additives. I vaguely remember this was something my mother had to hand. I'll see if i can find info about the plant source with a view to making some maybe?
    • Posted

virgin olive oil...if and when i need to eg before seeing the Consultant. But mostly nothing I just forget about it. I think once I eliminate my food triggers I'll be over this. So am off into my investigations! Care to join me?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.