Sore intimately

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have used aqueous cream to wash intimately for some years.  I wonder if I have now become sensitive to it, I'm sore. What do others use that's gentle in that area? It's not thrush I've treated for that. I'm 55 and 3 years without a period but I don't think dryness is the problem.

3 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Allykaye

You have my sympathy. I am a similar age and have been suffering from soreness down there for 5 months. Have tried every over the counter product which either didn't help or made matters

worse. Doctor has tested as you say for thrush urine infection all being negative. I have then since had Vagifem which caused painful stinging. Then I was put onto Ovestin which has helped the most but I have occasional flare ups which I have tried to figure out if it is something I am eating.

Have just been to see a gynaecologist who was scratching her head as she said tissues looked OK. The test even caused a flare up!

I have tried acupuncture which so far he not provided a cure. Maybe try a homeopathy treatment next.

Sorry I can't provide a solution as I am still looking for one myself and always scan posts here hoping to find an answer as the medical profession seemed to have run out of ideas!

If you find an answer please let me know!

Take care!

• Posted

Hi I have similar problem on and off from my late 50s am now soon to be 61 always had a problem  with cystitis  my g p says its age and dryness   Now not water infection but I have a burning sensation when passing urine I had hysterectomy when I was 41 but still have my overies I had water test done yesterday nurse said it was all clear no infection yet I've been on and of the lol for biggest part of an hour in the night  any one else have this problem that keps returning ever so often it's so uncomfortable and spoils your quality of life and work days 
    • Posted

Hi I too have the burning with weeing it's s slow burn and can last some time. It has been a urine infection only twice. The other two things are intersistial cystitis and d mannoose from Amazon can help with this in most cases. I've tried it and was very surprised to find it got rid of the symptoms quite rapidly. The other thing is drying out of your ladies bits due to oestrogen levels fast disappearing can cause dysuria not sure if it's spelt right but that burning when weeing. So I tried once again vaginal ovestin cream and really wished I hadn't my ladies bits swelled up twice the size not great very upsetting and hard to sit walk or stand. So next in my Arsenal of menopause treatments vitamin e capsules inserted in the vagina every other night with instafresh on the other nights for 6 weeks. This lubricates naturally I have done 8 days and guess what no burn!!!! Well worth a go it can't hurt and can only help. What I don't know is will it work as well as hrt vaginal cream? However since I can't use that I have to try this. Let me know if you give it a go.
    • Posted

Thank you for that I will give it a try I am also cutting out some of my cups of tea and acidic drinks as others have said do more harm than good I'm burn free today hope it lasts  I will let you now and good luck with yours we all need to be rid of this 
  • Posted

Look at VVSSITE ,Vestibulodynia , Vestibulitis Syndrome . It sounds like it may well be that . Feels like you need a cold pack ,placed there . Really uncomfortable . 
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies and my sympathies to you all for your own troubles.  I don't have any problems with waterworks, no stinging or pain.  Vaginal area seems ok. The thrush pessaries the doctor prescribed, 1 each night for 3 nights, then cream for another week, did help a lot, but I still have a very painful clitoris .  Drapoline which is a nappy rash cream (!) that I have used over the years, does give me some relief.  

Liz, I wonder if a vit E capsule opened and gently rubbed on my sore area would be helpful.

Marlene, I have researched the liinks you gave - oh dear!

I'll have to go back to the doctor and will certainly feedback anything that may be of help.

• Posted

Researching I have come across Emuaid cream, has anyone any experience of this?
    • Posted

Yes Allykaye I've tried emuaid for soreness but it ended up being vulvadynia which affects my clitoris makes it very sensitive and can feel sore. I had redness there and got prescribed dermovate cream it cleared it up . But it thins the skin so I did not want to have to use it on a long term basis. Once redness had gone I use only plain Vaseline every day and only ever wash with Aveena but never my ladies bits only water. But e may help you can buy vitamin e in liquid form it has a dropper in the bottle which may be easier. The other cream I use is hydro mol that's good . I sent life fun we all end up obsessed with our bits and all of us seem to be struggling . Good job we can ask on here X
  • Posted

yes that can happen during menopause the dryness will make you more sensitive, low oestrogen generally can trigger allergies, so it could simply down to higher inner temperatures and inflammation thats causing it, what about sudocrem, my daughter has crohns, and she has been advised to use it during a flare and it does work she says its soothing, works for babies remember, i use femmine wash, maybe stay off the washes for now,  or, what about a sensitive baby wash their more gentle on the skin, just until it settles. 

• Posted

Hi Allykaye,

I'm the same age and 3 years post.

I had this so bad all the outer areas so dry it was sore.

HRT has made it much better.

But before that I was using coconut oil with a capsule of DHEA.

I opened the capsule and mixed it well into about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.

I had read about it somewhere online and it was good used inside before sex and kept the outer areas nicely moisturised and soothed.

I reapplied it every few bathroom trips and was the best thing I tried.

Second best was aloe Vera gel.

• Posted

Hi zig Angie how did you apply it? And did you use this internally as well? What is dhea ?
    • Posted

Hi,

DHEA is a hormone. You can buy it online.

Some menopause experts give it alongside HRT.

As you can get it I got some to try for libido, it didn't help much taking it. Then I came across a site saying it is good for the dry sandy symptoms and vaginal atrophy.

As I had some I just emptied one into some coconut oil.

I have been using coconut oil as a personal lubricant for a few years now as it is so good for your skin, is antibacterial and anti fungal etc and natural.

So I just mixed up my own instead of paying for a personal lubricant containing it.

• Posted

Hi Liz, what is I instafresh
    • Posted

Instafresh you can buy on Amazon it's rose oil garlic and lactobacillus

Keeps thrush away and it's very soothing . You insert one at night I alternate between vitamin e and instafresh . Are you going to give it a try? I keep them in the fridge and take one out a couple of hours before so it's not too cold.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.