Sore intimately

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have used aqueous cream to wash intimately for some years.  I wonder if I have now become sensitive to it, I'm sore. What do others use that's gentle in that area? It's not thrush I've treated for that. I'm 55 and 3 years without a period but I don't think dryness is the problem.

3 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Allykaye  I want to just Give you a big thank you ,,,because with out your first post I would never have seen all these other posts and learned so many tips as to what to use for relief I to have sore ness on occasions also even down to not being able to find  many comfortable trousers to wear for working  in  that isn't going to course me a problem I hope you get some thing that helps I'm going to try the coconut oil and  vitamin E  see how it goes  good luck to you 
    • Posted

I stopped wearing jeans and riding my bike before I started using coconut oil. So uncomfortable and always had the need to keep pulling my knickers away from myself.
    • Posted

Yes that's me too.   We're did you get the DHEA from was it a prescription med I can't have  HRT 
    • Posted

I ordered it online. It is a hormone though so probably best to ask a doctor.

You can buy personal lubricants that have it in.

I just had some sitting in my bulging meno problem cupboard so I one of those.

As I have had horrible itching after using some lubricants I switched to the coconut oil a few years ago.

• Posted

Thankyou for the info thank goodness we can find others with similar symptoms. I too have to do the knicker adjusting and trouser wearing is impossible apart from soft gym trousers and even they can irritate. I can't take Hrt either it does weird things to me !! So far I've done 8 days of Vit e and inta fresh and am comfy and no burn on weeing. This may help someone else . How are you on the hormone? Do you still have the problem with trousers "? As I have vulvadynia also it's very hard to work out what symptom relates to either menopause ir vulvadynia. Bulging cupboards of creams and ointments me too!!!!

• Posted

Liz ,sounds like me ,agony daily ,yes creams galore , today Im trying Kifer Sensitive Lotion . Got it for Eczema ,but it's free of everything ,but Kifer . I've tried Sudocrem etc . I think it can be hormone induced ,or lack of them . Hormones govern all our body at end of the day . Bloody nightmare dealing with it daily . Im on a couple sites where the ladies mention Coconut oil . One I've not tried .

I to have to watch what I wear ,normally the looser than he more comfortable . Ice pack will often ease the pain off, short term . Female drs get same issue . So always try and see a female Dr . I drink lots of water ,to keep everything flushing through . We all spend a fortune on various products ,even lady at local Chemist shop say it's the most repeatedly stocked up shelf . How do you cope with sitting and standing ,females say it's painful with both . I wasent aware you can also get Strep in that area . I was surprised. As I always thought that was a throat thing ,Live and learn . Can understand why females get so much anxiety . Due to the very nature where it is . Allykaye saying the same on this sore subject . Dreadful situation . 

• Posted

Liz don't know why moderator put this on hold ,maybe having a coffee break ? 
    • Posted

Hi Marlene I will wait and see if it comes on when the moderator has finished with it.
    • Posted

Hi Liz,

I'm on a bio identical oestrogel and Utrogestan.

I read a lot about it and asked my doctor for it.

As I understand things it's probably the most natural and gentle one you can use unless you could afford to have it compounded especially for you.

• Posted

This is where I find Patient so very frustrating at times Liz,so have others . 

On Patient long enough ,so don't place stuff by name etc ,frustrating ,end of day it's women helping each other ,what its set up for .? don't know if Alan still the moderator . 

• Posted

Hi Marlene very difficult not to put down what stuff is called as we are all trying to help one another
    • Posted

Hi Zigangle

I had a hysterectomy so can't take progesterone only oestrogen and none of that likes me. Really odd as I had it in my body all along until menopause. !!!

• Posted

Hi Marlene,

It seems to me you could say the name of a pill eg prozac if it is a prescription medication.

You can also say eg vitamin b12 but could not say the brand name or where you got it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Posted

Liz,

You can send a personal message? Not sure how but maybe by clicking on the envelope at the top? I'm going to try now with you.

• Posted

Hi ladies you can send a private message to people on here that won't get moderated.

Liz I just sent you one.

Click on the grey envelope next to the persons name you want to PM.

Hope this helps I only found out about it myself the other day.

• Posted

Yes nothing with a name attatched to it ,all bit silly ,but you can always PM females ,what I have done in the past with best brand names that have been better and either worked or helped ,let's face it ,all this buisness on Gyne front doesent come cheap by any means . What I always say is look at ingredients ,make sure not paying cash out for Pharma fillers . They're sly beggars at best of times . 
    • Posted

Hi Liz,

I think the HRT has made it better. But I still get days and at the moment holding off cystitis with cranberry pills.

I wonder if maybe a higher dose of estrogen would help, but worry about using more.

At the moment on lowest dose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.