Sore intimately

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have used aqueous cream to wash intimately for some years.  I wonder if I have now become sensitive to it, I'm sore. What do others use that's gentle in that area? It's not thrush I've treated for that. I'm 55 and 3 years without a period but I don't think dryness is the problem.

3 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, I feel for us all!

I've made a doc appointment but it's not until next week.  I have tried to avoid HRT but did take it for a month - made my boobs grow!!! so have tried to manage without. I wonder if I should try it again though in view of my soreness.

I've tried E45 intensive and that has helped with the vulval soreness, just the clitoral soreness is the worst and inconvenient too!  I've tried sudocrem but I find it so sticky.

I've written down all your suggestions thank you all SO much.  The vit E sounds good so I will definitely try that.  The coconut oil also but I remember reading somewhere that it can upset the natural balance down there ??

I can't find Instafresh on Amazon UK Liz? Are you perhaps not UK?

Thank you all again SO much.

• Posted

Hi Allykaye,

Coconut oil doesn't seem to give me any problems. Some tests say it's acidic. But apparently that's the type.

I use raw Virgin organic.

Aloe gel works quite well but I find it makes you feel too wet, it is also not a bad personal lubricant but can get sticky.

I just found coconut oil to be more soothing and keeps the area a bit lubricated more like it would have been naturally.

• Posted

May I ask if you just place a regular vit e capsule in there? sorry but there is so much info here and I hope it is Okay to ask
  • Posted

I have to phone my Drs in the morning to see if I can see my dr  probly be a waste of time if I get to see some one,, last time they told me its age thing ! And there was nothing I could use  for it soreness again for me today been to work and it was realy hot am wondering if this adds to it all    looks like wearing long dresses for working  in I  hope I can get vitamin E from Dr's ,,,best of luck every one else   ,,,,8days of comfort sounds great 
    • Posted

Hi lilelse hot plays a part in it I too got very sore when hot . Try a different doctor took me a year of trying every cream possible and going to the doctors until I thought I was going mad. They diagnosed thrush, bacterial ( the fishy one) lichen sclerosis , menopause, age, so I asked to see s dermatologist in desperation and she said straight away mine was vulvadynia. So at least I got an answer not s great one because this is not curable and is a real pain. So all the stuff they told me to use for the wrong diagnosis I did not need. However in all this thrush difflucan the pill you take did help strangely and I still take one every now and again it seemed to help my symptoms. Don't let your doctor fob you off with age it's a disgrace to do that to women asking for help. X
    • Posted

Hi ladies,

Just wondering, it's a thought and something you could try.

Every time I take antibiotics I get horrible thrush.

I've never had it unless on antibiotics.

My homepath recommend taking probiotics (a really good quality one that contains at least 3 billion friendly bacteria) whilst taking and for a week after the antibiotics.

My husband always suffers badly with diahorea when he has them.

This stops me getting thrush and last time he had them prevented the diahorea.

I wonder if it would help in anyway with the vaginal problems.

• Posted

Hi  ladies

it's worth a try probiotics can't do no harm ,,, I tried camomile  tea bag soaked in Luke warm water to have a little wash earlier and its calmed down a little  .thanks liz53953   Sorry for your troubles  no one now what it is like unless they get it  I won't let them fob me of this time  either ! have a rest full night all   And a better day tomorrow 🙂

• Posted

Hi, I tried a vit E last night. All feels ok this morning, I haven't got any  interfresh yet so will do a vit E each night and see how I go.

It is mainly the clitoris that is sore, things improve but then any 'activity' down there makes me sore again.  

Yes i I wonder if being hot is a factor, I still have fierce hot flushes. 

• Posted

Hi Allykaye I will try and find the cream the doc gave me for the same problem. It did clear it up and it has not returned
    • Posted

It's called Dermacare and it got rid of the soreness the doctor prescribed it try that. X
  • Posted

I have lichen sclerosis so yes, but I use coconut oil down there. I go to the bathroom and each time I go, I spray with clean water and then lubricate all over with coconut oil. I at one time had a sore vestibule and also pain on peeing. I was told it was caused by dryness. So I have found with keeping the area well lubricated this has more of less stopped (despite the lichen). 

I wash with a special soap from the doctors, but I also use the 0% soap products you can buy at the supermarket. Hope this helped. 

(The coconut oil is 100% organic cold pressed, I buy it from the supermarket and I keep it in a sterile plastic container which I refill. I use it also for sex as it is in my opinion 100 times better than anything else. The only thing is, it could break condoms if you are using those.)

• Posted

Hello ladies I went to Dr's she put me on vagifem  tabs does anyone no about wether you can have intercourse I have to use them every day for 2weeks (and she is sending for me to have scan on bladder and kidneys) starting  t o get some were at last 
  • Posted

May I ask why you are having a bladder and kidney scan? I read back on your posts and it seemed your clitoris was sore nothing else? Sorry if I missed something? I ask as I also have a sore clitoris and I am wondering why she is sending you for that. Hope you don't mind me asking and good luck with the scan. Hope it goes well for you. 
    • Posted

Callianne 65675.    That was me who as to have scan,,,  Lilelse I had water works problem  the need to keep peeing and soreness ...but  thanks  any way 
    • Posted

yes I saw after sorry! I get brain fog at times. I hope all is well after your scans smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.