Sore intimately

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have used aqueous cream to wash intimately for some years.  I wonder if I have now become sensitive to it, I'm sore. What do others use that's gentle in that area? It's not thrush I've treated for that. I'm 55 and 3 years without a period but I don't think dryness is the problem.

3 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi callianne, have you found anything that helps with your clitoris?

The E45 intensive I've been using has helped a bit for me, not sure it's a cure yet though.

I've been using the vit E each night for three nights now and definitely have more moisture!

• Posted

Hi Allykaye, I've used vaseline today. Someone once told me to use olive oil it helped for a while then stopped. I also have Lichen Schlerosus. When you say the E45? just the regular tube. (I think I have a tube lying around, which is handy!). Do you use a regular Vit E capsule? I have some I bought from the supermarket here.Are you inserting?I'm nervous about inserting but I guess the gel capsule dissolves in the tummy should also dissolve there.
  • Posted

Liz, the Dermacare you mention is that the same as the range that Boots do?
    • Posted

Hi yes it's the boots derma care that worked well and got rid of the soreness .
    • Posted

Liz how long did you use it till you felt the change ? I've seen it on shelf ,never ever thought to getting it ,Im sat here now discomfort 3 straight days ,even though post meno ,every few days a month this seems to like flare up , always think it's hormones doing it . Like you can count days like if you were still having periods . Hence why I think it's hormone . 

• Posted

Hi Marlene I used it twice a day and I think about four days and it started to be a lot easier. I also found no pressure there helped so I cut the gusset out of my tights ( can't stand cold legs) I tried hold ups but not for winter. The gusset cut out really helps. Hope this works for you. Let me know if it helps. Being uncomfy diwn below is just awful.
    • Posted

Thanks Liz getting some from Boots ,just passed this on to another FB site Im on , someone came back and mentioned Emuaid cream ,for same problem ,you heard of that Liz ? Homeopathic . x 
    • Posted

Hi Liz,

Mine was like that so bad I got crotchless tights for some time, and no underwear.

I always wore thongs but not any more coconut oil helps a lot and HRT does too, but I've spent so many days feeling miserable I'm not going to wear thongs again.

I'm OK now to wear cotton undies or at least undies with a cotton gusset and thick tights.

Only get problems with leggings and jeans now.

The jeans either causing pain down below or squashing my too round tummy.

• Posted

Hi Marlene yes I've got that as well just in case. It's a bit like having a backup system in place with creams and oils . Emuaid I didn't have to use it as Dermacare worked for me. I've also got emu oil and I use Vaseline and have used bepanth baby cream. It's all so sad that all of us are struggling to deal with one symptom after another and the doctors don't seem to really help any of us. Good job we talk and exchange good information. Take care
    • Posted

Hi zigzangie

I have vulvadynia so always the problem with tights jeans leggings. Mixed with menopause and it's like each day what will I get today. !!! At least you can take hrt and wear tights that's progress. Such fun!!!! Take care

• Posted

HI Callianne, yes its E45 Intensive Repair that I have used but I think the regular tube would be ok too.

I inserted a vit E capsule for three nights, was definitely more moistured so left off the next night. I think zI'll do alternate nights.  I'm cautious of everything, sadly. 

Have just tried the Dermacare and wow - now hot and burning!  Did you get that reaction to start with Liz?  I'm hoping that will wear off, perhaps just doing its job ???

Yes, I've read about Emuaid and the 'Live chat" suggested buying regular rather than Max for intimate areas. I've not purchased yet as trying other things first - it's quite expensive.

Oh I'm weary of it all.  So sorry for ALL of us, girls, I wish we could find the perfect answer straight away!

• Posted

Hi Allykaye no burning with Dermacare ever!! Glad vitamin e helped . Weary is the right word for all this palaver. Do you remember normal !!
  • Posted

Thank Liz, I've had to wash it off.  Obviously not the answer for me but thanks anyway.  Do you use the Viti E ongoing or just for short periods?

Yes, we plod on.

• Posted

My reply is being moderated I don't know why. Used it for six weeks the first time and nothing until now and I'm on my third week this time. After six weeks I will try twice a week x
  • Posted

Anyone tried Sylk?
    • Posted

I did 5 yrs ago ,made no difference . Saw it advertised in a magazine ,so sent for it . The list is endless , but try it never know . 
    • Posted

I went on their website and they are sending a free sample.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.