Sore Knee

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a left TKR in 2016 I had a lot of knee pain afterwords it even radiated down below my knee. The Dr removed a screw from a previous ACL reconstruction so I thought the pain below my knee was from the screw removal. About a year ago my left started aching. a Dr visit an MRI he determined my knee pain was radiating down from my lower back. By the time further testing was done the pain was gone. WELL in has returned and with a vengeance ! An MRI showes a herniated disc . The pain I now have is in my left knee and radiating down from my knee and numbness from my knee to my foot. All this to say that I'm pretty sure my sciatica was acting up after my TKR because the pain then was similar to what I am having now. Thanks George

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi George I had sciatica on my lower back on right side, months before my surgery and was in physio for this also for pre op. I had ltkr on May 2018 and 3 weeks into rehab classes, I started having difficulty doing heels slides and bending. I had discomfort on thighs and lower back when walking. I had to stop some of the therapy exercises and go back to my own physio therapist to treat my back and knee. My family doctor put me on lyrica and it helped, but all this put me behind in my progress for my ROM. I never thought I would have sciatica affecting my recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.