Sore throat that won't go away. Menopause??

Posted , 25 users are following.

So I'm 51 female, happy, life is good. a few months ago started feeling a cold coming on which included a sore throat. 10 days later sore cold gone sore throat still here. seen my Dr who says it's just stress. I didn't even know I was stressed??!! I've been back again, still says it's anxiety and stress. I was prescribed something for stress but have not taken it yet. could this be menopause? other than the sore throat I'm completely healthy. But the sore throat and Web MD scare me. Anyone else going thru anything similar. Thank you

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. YES!!! I have been having a sore throat, cough, nasal congestion since about March. Had endoscopy, nothing wrong! I'm 49 started peri this year. My anxiety is through the roof! Finally thought I had things under a little control then back to the same symptoms again! This week hot flushes are back, sore throat & now pins & needles in hands & feet. And Anxiety!

• Posted

Glad I read this post-- husband has had a sore throat that won't go away. Has been tested for covid and strep over a month ago... Went to ENT and says it could be acid reflux.. Took OTC pills for that and still has the sore throat. He is thinking about going back for a scope or to see what's next. But spouse is very a very anxious person who gets stressed easily so it could be due to that.. He uses a sore throat spray and then throat drops to help. Also, has a cough.. Could be the weather cuz last year this time it was his ears bothering him and the year before that headaches!!! Maybe I'll suggest him moving to a warmer climate to see.. 😃

• Edited

Ladies,

i just joined this forum in the hopes of finding an answer to my symptoms too...48 years old and plagued with a sore throat since March 2020... been checked out, swollen lymph nodes but no further treatment given... the sore throat comes and goes and now crazy warm feeling in chest that comes and goes, palpitations, shortness of breath, bad low back pain, brain fog, disrupted digestion and generally not feeling well since months now 😦

• Posted

i have all of those symptoms, its gerd, i cant take ppis as they give me other symptoms unfortunately x

• Edited

I had a persistent sore throat while in perimenopause. It lasted for months before I finally saw my doctor. Allergy meds for a month, then antibiotics did not work. An ear nose and throat doctor did a quick scope up my nose to my larynx and diagnosed gerd. I never had heartburn or any symptoms other than the sore throat. She put me on a double prilosec and after a month or so it went away. I've read that gerd is a menopause symptom so perhaps you are experiencing gerd like I did. Hope this helps!

• Posted

totally agree with you, i tried the meds and they made symptoms worse so just trying to control it through diet x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.