Soreness sensitivity miserable

Posted , 8 users are following.

Eleven years into menopause or hell is probably a better word for it. No hrt as bad reaction so all natural coped with hot  flushes lack if sleep insomnia mood swings. Etc now out of the blue  sitting down is so uncomfortable like prickly hedgehog. Constantly sore swollen down below diagnosed atrophic vagina (what fun ladies it just got a whole lot better NOT) anyone else out there with these symptoms?? 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Liz

HRT helps but if you can't have then REPLENSMD is a longer lasting vaginal moisturiser helps .

• Posted

Thanks tried that already sometimes does work then not the next time . Also tried yes and multi gyn. 
  • Posted

If that is all dr says it is, what about using vagifem and/or oestrogen cream.  Also coconut oil, so soothing, antibacterial, antifungal as well.  Eat it as well, to treat both ends!
    • Posted

Thanks sheets done vaginal oestrogen cream still sore vagifem don't like some if the side effects if I'm honest. But coconut oil yes I'm using that as well inside and out its s great product.  Thanks for advice it's amazing how many different things we can all come up with. Wonder how much we have all soent so far?? 
  • Posted

Hi Liz

Replens MD vaginal moisturiser is very very good.. 

also senstra for women is good for external use.. clitoral stimulation..

Pjur woman is very good too as a lube.. have tried so many and these in my experience have been the best...

i see vagisal products have expended too and have a wide range of products..

vagisal cream is good for itchy dryness externally too..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Liz,

i am so sorry u are suffering and the hedgehog description about Sums it up.  Studies show about 50-60% of women suffer from atrophy! but many women are too embarrassed to talk about it, which is unfortunate.  Vaginally atrophy occurs with many women, including myself!  I just went back on estrogen about six weeks ago, and while the pain, dryness, burning and irritation are a little better, I have a long way to go.  I was off hormones for six months and I think it made thing worse for my vagina.  

A couple of things you could look at is vaginal Estrace, Vagifem, and a compounded estriol or biest cream in the vagina.  The compounded vaginal creams or tablets may help you without giving you a lot of systemic issues. I am in the US so if you are from the UK I assume they have compounding pharmacies who can make it up. You don't specify which HRT you were on but in my case I had to try many, since some of the estrogens, namelyPermian gave me horrible reactions.

Goggle high oxalate diet since those foods can irritate the vagina as food along with a lot of foods that contain acids,  such as tomatoes and coffee sometimes irritate the vagina since urine will be acidic.  I have also tried vitamin e with coconut and palm oil in a suppository sold on Amazon which helped. I also use a vaginal balm from Indian Meadow Herbals which is excellent and they are out of Maine, but you can google and order.  I hope you feel better since eleven years is along time to suffer--whoever said menopause was a time of "freedom and wisdom"  must of been a man!razz

• Posted

Hi retired thanks for your comments. Women don't like to talk about it I know but it's silly not to we can help one another if we don't talk nothing will ever get done and women will go in suffering when there is a solution somewhere. I've tried hormone cream and if I'm honest don't want to go there the side effects scare me. Vitamin e and essential oils coconut oil I'm fine with giving it a whirl. The vaginal balm sound good will try and get that here. If this is the best time if your life god help us what is the worst because this is getting through each day sometimes the best you can. Preferably with as little sitting as poss. 😌
  • Posted

Hi liz, I don't have the symptoms that you mention, possibly because I have kept up my hrt, vagifem and oestrogen cream, bio-oil, and coconut oil.  However, on another blog, a woman mentioned some sort of 'lichen' being the cause of similar symptoms.  Whether the 'lichen' being fungal is any different to candida, I don't know.  Has you dr taken a smear sample to test?
    • Posted

Yes had tests done and that's not been mentioned. I think what symptoms you get is a bit  if a lottery . Plus I lean more to the natural side because I don't like the huge list of side effects. Waiting for cultures to be grown but thrush can cause a symptomatic irritation apparently. 
  • Posted

Hi liz

i too do natural route... I am 10 years peri aged just 50.. havent had period for 11 months so nearing the end... my experience with vaginal dryness hasnt been too bad, but assistance sometimes needed for sex.. but like I say replens MD is good  

I am very sensitve too to strong bubble baths etc etc etc ... infact I always have a bath, I am not a fan of showering I like a relaxing  bath always have,  like to relax in the water 😃 so have to be careful what I wash with, its always femfresh for me, always has been as very gentle, I dont use replens MD all the time just as and when, i did use it more often, but since the B6 150mg daily, things have improved for me... 

you say you are 11 years into peri so we are very similar that way... if I can go one more month I will have reached full meno.. I must say my symptoms are minimal now, and going natural route I know I will be feeling much like this goin forwards which is great, no after HRT finished shocks and downers and reoccurring peri to deal with in later life, I take all the Vits and natural supps, B6 changed my life in April, sounds pathetic but it did, and also i find that Vit K2 is a must for bones, I take the calcium and Vit D3 but shall add Vit K2 to my list now and shall order some off amazon later.. prevention is the key,but only natural for me as I cant risk HRT due to family history hell, and wont take HRT, as I want it over and done with allowing my body to resuxe what it wants i. its own wat and not confuse it by adding Hormonea its naturally wanting to rid.. yes it works for many and maybe has benefits but the risks are too great for me, and I am pleased it helps some ladies and they are happy on it and its all personal choice, and I love hearing the ladies experiences it is so sisterly and helpful, believe me during some peri phases I have thought my self enough is enough but got through it and feel liberated I have... .if you dont take B6 yet Liz .. take it try it its amazing... it also helps ladies on HRT too as it assists absortion ... good luck Liz.. Jay xx

• Posted

Hi jay yes very similar my mum had breast cancer so hrt not a good route for me.  Plus personal choice is always natural. Thought I was going mad with symptom after symptom lurching from thrush to Bv god knows what all antibiotics have done to my system. Have to be careful all day sitting down not great very uncomfy taking b6 and femdophillis which is great for delicate bits. Coconut oil vitamin e tablets applied internally changed diet excluded sugar and yeast   Would like to stop reading about possible symptoms!!! Quite scary am reading Marilyn glanville natural way to deal with menopause very very good thanks for answering helps to know others in same boats. 
    • Posted

Hi Liz

you have been more sore since Coconut oil have you ... as i read laot about that ages ago, and if it is not extra virgin coconut oil it can make you sore..

I just used some Replens MD as been in pool alot lately so just like to protect everything... never had any reaction or soreness with it..

it was only just a thought with the coconut oil ... I couldnt use it I dont think my bits would like that or Vit E internally ... oooch ooooch hahahah

Jay x

• Posted

Hi jayneejay no not sore since coconut oil started 6 months ago coconut oil ok use in small quantities but like frying tonight!!! Sorry small bit of humour seem to worsen as day goes on and if it's hot. Use replens as well but vitamin e inserted are meant to lubricate thinning bits and you have to do it for 6 weeks. So I'm giving it a go from tonight can't make if worse. !!! 😊just read natural menopause will stick with vitamins and herbs must be a reason why your body declines in things then re regulates itself   Will increase natural soya and linseeds as well fingers crossed 
    • Posted

Hi Liz 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

you have to have a sense of humour ... it helps so much...

i laugh about all of it... and quite open with people about it... and find it very liberating to go all this time natural..

if i stay another month no period my years up... full meno... after 10 years ... yipppeeeee.... will continue as i am with all the vits and naturals and bobs your uncle 😑  good luck ... Jay x

• Posted

Hi Liz... I forgot to say... have you tried Vagisil cream ? it may help you if you feel sore like a prickly hedgehog as you describe... 😦 its not expensive, not sure where you live .. lots of countries sell it.. I have bought it in UK before ( i live in southern spain now) dont like to think of you suffering.. its good cream and can be used for all little niggles we get from time to time about £4 ish I think from Boots, Superdrug or supermarkets and pharmacies.. 

details ... 

Fast Relief, for External Feminine Itching due to Thrush, Perspiration, Deodorants or Detergents.

Fast acting anaesthetic instantly cools, soothes, Itching, Burning and Irritation.

FAST RELIEF OF FEMININE ITCHING.

Lignocaine USP 2% w/w.

Greaseless, non-staining.

Vagisil medicated creme has been formulated to give prompt, effective relief from the discomfort of minor itching, burning, and other irritations of the external area surrounding the vagina. The fast-acting anaesthetic formula goes to work in seconds to stop the itching...cool the burning...soothe irritation.

Vagisil creme forms a protective film over irritated tissue to reduce the chance of further irritation.

Vagisil is lightly scented, non-staining and greaseless.

good luck hun Jay xx 

• Posted

Hi jayneejay thanks for concern wish I lived in southern Spain!! Could practice my Spanish. Have got vagisal just worried to use it in case of more irritation. 
    • Posted

Hi Liz

Try a little vagisil i was like you thought same..will it make it worse..but its very soothing ... External use only ... Replens Md for internal moisture..  I am ridiculasly sensitive   below... I even do the pool maintenance on pool so PH and levels are always spot on, nightmare😃 dont trust anyone else to do it 😊 give it a try i am pretty sure when you do you will wish you had alot sooner 😊. Take care jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.