Sores on outer vagina and near anus..is it herpes? (pics included)

Posted , 66 users are following.

I am getting tested tomorrow, but this is really weighing on my mind and has been from when I first started showing symptoms ( about 8 days ago..started as a red bump, looked like a ingrown hair at the time).. It has now progressed into a full blown sore that is extremely painful to any type of touch.

imageimage

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Did you shave eight days ago or sexually active with anyone ? Is it only in this spot ?

• Edited

I have been sexually active with a new partner for about a little over a month. The first bump formed after about 3 weeks of us having sex on the regular. I did go to an Urgent Care DR when the bump first started, and he said it was just an ingrown hair, but then it turned into this a few days later which has me thinking he is greatly mistaken.. however to answer your question about shaving, yes I had recently shaved down there and to be honest I did it dry cause I was in a hurry. 😶

• Edited

it does look like it could be herpes but I am no expert , I hope everything does go well when you get tested

• Edited

Unfortunately your symptoms presents itself as herpes, but the only way to know for sure is to get tested. When you get tested they will swab you and send it in to get cultured to figure out what strain of hsv you have. They will put you on antivirals to shorten the outbreak. Theres a few suggestions i can tell you to ease the pain if you want to message me. I promise its not the end if the world, dont stress because it will only make it worse 😃 Take care of yourself

• Edited

I am trying to not let it get me down. I work in the medical field so I know just how common it is and everything..that it's truly nothing to be ashamed of..but at the same time I never thought I would be in this situation. . I'm only 24 and haven't had an extremely high number of sexual partners (12) and seeing as how I've been sexually active since I was 14 I dont think that is to bad. 😅

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the results. I just hope this outbreak clears up soon..its going on 9 days tomorrow and I read that they normally aren't that much longer..maybe 2 weeks, sometimes 3. Time shall tell I guess.

• Posted

That's great you're educated about it and work in the field! It really is so common and nothing to be ashamed of. The herpes stigma is far worse than the physical ailments (or at least after the first outbreak since mine was painful as hell) I'm also 24 and was diagnosed less than 6 months ago, it's a hard pill to swallow but gets easier over time. If you need any support or someone to talk to thats been in a similar situation, I'm happy to help 😃 Good luck at your appointment tomorrow

• Posted

. It also could be an infection/reaction of some sort . It be great to update us thanks . Good luck and we will wait for the swab results before we can be sure .

• Edited

Hey everyone, I just left the DR's office. they took a stab test and set it off for lab work (at my request) but my DR does not believe it is herpes. He thinks it is an skin infection and has prescribed me antibiotics. I guess time shall tell though. Thank you for all the postive thoughts and support!

• Posted

So far so good , we will be waiting with you for the swab results . Hoping its what the doc said . hugs

• Edited

Have you gotten your results??

• Edited

I did, the swab came back negative. Also, the antibiotics the DR gave me cleared up the infection in a matter of 2 days.

• Posted

thank you for the update! usually people ask for opinions and never respond.

• Posted

hey i had this EXACT "rash" happen to me too back on october, has it happened to you again? i have the same rash again (thinking it is herpes tho), what kind of skin infection did your doctor say it was?

• Posted

so I've had just random pain. random itches. what looks like missing skins. tears on anus. but I got swabbed again. should be getting results this week.

• Posted

did you ever get tested? i have had the same thing happen to me after i would shave or use a vibrator.

• Posted

can I ask what type of bacterial infection it was??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.