Sorry to keep asking but

Posted , 6 users are following.

Since my last flare up 5 weeks ago and following on from metranidazole I am still having pains. I wake up with pain in left hand side where you would rest your hands on your hip, like a sharp stabbing pain, this then moves across stomach to rest above and behind belly button before moving to right and then back to left slighty higher under ribs. This is happening every day and comes and goes throughout the day. My motions are good, I do not feel constipated, no wind or sickness. I did recently have an ultra sound all around abdomen left and right and nothing was found, but unfortunately I am bit chubby in that area so could something have been missed. I am taking windeze and buscopan but pain still remains. Worried about the big C but keep telling myself would pain from that move around and come and go. I also take a probiotic. Is this just something us sufferers have to live with or should we have periods without discomfort. Thanks for reading.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Y.A.H

Seems like we've been living the same life.  Before I had the CT SCAN I never had any symptoms like I have been having.  Have often wondered if the contrast they gave me irritated my bowels. Still having bloody BM but all the GP keeps asking is if I have hemerroids...I too get the abdomen discomfort that moves around.  I've been drinking mint tea and it seems to help a bit.  I go to see my gastro doctor next thursday so I hope to find out just how bad it is.  I already know I'm in line for my first colonoscopy.  Whether I can get it done soon is another story as I have another flare up on the go.  (Guess I can strike pork off the list of things I can eat.)  Seems the list of what I can eat is getting smaller and smaller...I've been taking fiber supplements but they don't seem to be helping regulate anything.

I've been drinking Kefir probiotic milk and eating a lot of probiotic yougurt but no matter what still have the painful BM and belly aches.Just doesn't seem like there a light does it...

Sunni

• Posted

Thanks for your kind replies. I was diagnosed via colonoscopy last October have several pouches. I brought some colpermin as well today and will use them. The weird thing with me is yoghurts and bananas cause pain. But things you should not eat don't. I have got some aloe juice but no instructions on bottle of when to take it, ie with food or on an empty stomach, googled but no clues there either. The pain in side was incredible mid morning and went all around back of ribs, then burped and all pain gone, now moved slightly to right side. Before I had antibiotics my crp was 4 and did not have inflammation but given them anyway. I am going to cut out sugar for which I admit to being fond of a nice bit of cake as did not realise sugar was a problem. When diagnosed not really given much info apart from eat a beige diet, hence the cake LOL. Good to know in a strange way that others are having same pains as it helps to stop the panic setting in.  Thanks again everyone.
    • Posted

I noticed you say your CRP was 4...What does this represent?  Should I be asking my doctor for my number and is it significant?

• Posted

Hi to be honest I am not sure, GP said that anything under 10 is considered normal and showed that even though I was in pain there was no infection. I was told you can be quite high and just have a cold so not sure at what point you should ge worried. If your GP is like mine they seem to think IBS and diverticular are nothing too serious which I am not sure I agree with. I started taking colpermin yesterday and after a few windy episodes top and bottom feel really good today. Long may it last. I suffer with GERD as well and sometimes not sure what is causing what symptom. Did notice that the colpermin gave me more acid but clearly things are settling down. Bye for now
    • Posted

Hi also noticed you have blood in bm, I do sometimes but when I had my colonoscopy they found piles inside back passage, make sure to get checked if blood becomes dark, mine is very pale red so not too worried at present.  A simple check up the back passage by your GP LOL, will tell if this is what you have, you may have already had this done.  I was due to have contrast and was told there are no long term side effects it just washes out of your system, but we are all different and it may affect people differently 
    • Posted

nope never had an exam..told him about the bleeding and all he asked was if i had piles. I said I didn't think so and he said to let the gastro know.  I actually had a BM this morning without any blood at all so I'm hoping that it was only internal piles.
  • Posted

Just want to say thank you to you, Y.A.H.  It's nice to chat with someone who has more than a passing idea of what we with DIVI are going through.
    • Posted

Yes, I agree I am the only one in my family with this and to be honest what with divi and GERD am constantly popping some pill or other, I am the only female at home so not much sympathy there. I just say if it turns out to be something sinister then you'll be sorry. Thought all was going well but about 1 hour ago had a peice of cheese, usually no problems but now cramping in stomach. Obviously things have changed since my flare up. Hope all goes well with your appointment next week and glad the blood has stopped, I did not even know I had piles they saw them during colonoscopy so that would be the best scenario for you as they are usually harmless. I have to go back to get results of ultra sound on abdomen but the lady doing the scan said she saw nothing wrong which is so frustrating as it was agony where she was pressing. I did not realise how long these flare up's take to settle, it has been about 5 weeks now, but am feeling better every day. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.