Sorry to repeat questions....but..help with fat content. .

Posted , 9 users are following.

I know this has been asked before but I cant find a straight answer. 

I get the no more than 5g pet 100g BUT if your having say a individual packet of crisps that are 4g of fat per bag but say 12g per 100g can you eat them or not? ?? This is the one thing holding me back from starting the tablets as some people are saying no don't eat anything if its over5g per 100g even if its a small portion and some are saying it's fine because it's not 100g of it rolleyes 

1 like, 60 replies

60 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Im no expert I have only been on them 6 days, but my take is that its 15g per meal so if u were having the crisps with a sarnie for lunch and the whole meal was less than 15g this will be fine. 

I might be wrong and there are loads more experienced people here than me. So they might have a completely different answer to me.

Sorry im not much help! X

• Posted

Thank you for your reply is just really thrown me as I thought we couldnt East anything over 5 per 100 even if its a small amount but I've now read comments that contradict that so don't want to stay until I'm sure as I know the side affects will stop me taking them so have to be sure x 
    • Posted

I had salad for lunch with low fat coleslaw and good to yourself ham I think the whole salad had like 5g of fat in it. But for my sweet afters I had a peanut tracker which in a small 27g bar (theyre small but heavy) this alone had 6.6g in it so my whole lunch was 11.6g.

Thats how im managing it and up to now I have only had really bad side effects once and that was off pizza last weekend...... do not eat pizza lol x 

• Posted

Hi Emma,

I'm in the same boat as samh83, been on them 6 day and I would agree with her.  So long as the whole meal does not  exceed the 15g.  xx

• Posted

I sometimes have velvet crisp they are 9.7g per 100g, but 1.9g per 20g bag which is what I have. I look at it this way; Your limit is 15g per meal (15g breakfast, 15g dinner, 15g tea) if I've eaten under those 15g's I know I'll be ok to have a "little" treat! I'm not 100% sure about the 5g rule per 100g, so I don't tend to follow that. I'm doing Slimming World along with Orlistat, and up to now I've been fine.

Hope this makes sense, good luck! x

• Posted

Thank you Laura-Jane and Rachel.  I've just found another forum share they're saying the gp they saw never even heard of that rule oooooh is so confusing.  I used to have a treat in a eve of yogurt covers fruit flake s but looked last night and they are over 29g per 100 bit under the 5g per serving. I was quite upset at not been able to have them anymore as eves are my worst time for binging and these were enough to give me that sweet hit.  Do you think I can still have those them as long as I don't go over the daily allowance?  I also read that the max daily is 30g with 15g max per meal but that doesnt even add up. My problem is my gp just didnt give me much info.  I might see if I can book in with the nurse to clarify things x 
  • Posted

There are so many different opinions hun, it is confusing. I go with what suits me, like you I used to binge in an evening (kids are fast asleep your crappy day is almost over let's celebrate with a bag of dorito's, dip and chocolate). If you're really struggling to get your head around it go to wikipedia and type in Orlistat, this may give you a better insight.

X

• Posted

That's one place I haven't looked lol thank you I will go habe a read now smile x
  • Posted

Ok just found a Alli booklet online which I know is a weaker version.  Tbete was NO mention of the 5g per 100g rule? ?? It just said no more than 3g for a snack and dont go over the daily allowance x 
  • Posted

Rachel & Emma

So are we all in agreement that the daily allowance is 45g (3*15g)  and we will be ok with low fat crisps as a snack so long as it is within the daily allowance?  

Laura

• Posted

Ive set my cals at 1400 on my fitness pal which has worked out my daily fat to be 46g which is 30% so I'm going to stick to that but try to come in slightly under. Maybe 12-13g per meal so I don't risk going over but no less otherwise the tablets would be pointless.  Just wish the 5g thing was more clear as thetes no mention of it in the meds leaflet it just says about the 30% x 
    • Posted

How did you select the amount of calories on my fitness app? It automatically calculated mine for me. It only gave me 1250 per day x 

sorry a bit off topic here lol

• Posted

went into the goal section in the lefthand dropdown menu (on my phone not online) then select whete it has your daily calories and you can change it which then rseadjusts your fat so its still at 30%. It set my cals to 1200 but I know from experience that I don't loose eating so few plus I think its best to have some room to readjust as once ive hopefully lost a couple of stone I want to be able to knock my cals down a bit but cant if its already so low x 
  • Posted

Samh83 - I had the same problem with my fitness pal so I decided not to bother.  I am just having my three meals a day and a healthy snack when I feel I need one.  

Emma99427 - Do you think the tablet won't work if your fat content is to low?  I make everything from scratch, all my evening meals are homeade and the meals usually average around 7g of fat per meal.  

Do you think this will hinder my weight loss? 

• Posted

My gp didn't give me much info but one thing she did say was that your body needs some fat just to keep going so if you limit your fat intake too much the tablets have no purpose. Id say you would still lose weight as your following a very low fat diet but not sure what level is si low that they arent doing anything. I downloaded the alli instructions that said for my weight and activity level I should be eating 19g per meal then reduce it as I loose BUT although it's essentially just a weaker version in not sire wether to risk the side affects of going so high hence aiming for 12-13g per meal. I'm going to call my docs now and make an appointment to see the nurse as thetes just too much I haven't been told rolleyes xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.