Sorry to repeat questions....but..help with fat content. .

Posted , 9 users are following.

I know this has been asked before but I cant find a straight answer. 

I get the no more than 5g pet 100g BUT if your having say a individual packet of crisps that are 4g of fat per bag but say 12g per 100g can you eat them or not? ?? This is the one thing holding me back from starting the tablets as some people are saying no don't eat anything if its over5g per 100g even if its a small portion and some are saying it's fine because it's not 100g of it rolleyes 

1 like, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The link is the nhs form on taking them, states it on there!
  • Posted

uploaded/Dietary%20advice%20for%20people%20using%20Orlistat122.doc

Rest of link.... It's huge!!!

• Posted

http://sheffielddiabetes.info/admin/resources/

uploaded/Dietary%20advice%20for%

20people%20using%20Orlistat122.doc

• Posted

Grrr it just won't work I'm getting 404 error. Maybe my phone so I will try on the pc later smile
    • Posted

Yes THANK YOU!! That is EXACTKY what I was wanting. . Somewhere it was written down so I could read it as there's very little info in my packet of tablets and my gp didnt explain much. Really appreciate you posting that link smile
    • Posted

Does it make more sense now?? 

I really would recommend taking them if ur in the zone! If your not and think you will fall off the diet wagon don't take them as the side effects are grim lol. 

But it really does make you think what you're putting in your mouth! 

Good luck!

• Posted

It does yes thank you smile I can stick to diets really well during the week then I binge at weekends and gain any list weight back.  Im hoping that knowing the side effects ate so bad will help me stay on track. Going to get myself a notebook and write EVERYTHING down until I know what fats in what and start tomorrow smile 
    • Posted

Good luck!!

I use my fitness pal app at you put in the food and it tells u all the info you need. X

• Posted

Emma, so glad you've found what you're looking for!

Can I just say, I've only been taking these tablets for 8 days Iam doing it along side SW and so far, so good! I have had ONE bag of crisp this week (velvets) as a treat and I won't be ridiculed for having them either, with, I might add NO side effects.

Emma, my typical day consists of;

Breakfast - 2 slices of Hovis nimble toast with a little marmalade or 2 weetabix (without sugar or sweetner) with ss milk.

Dinner - jacket potato or a sandwich with 1-2 slices of ham and some piccalily (as I don't like butter).

Tea - Gammon (with all traces of fat cut off) boiled new potatoes, garden peas and maybe a poached egg (if I haven't had one for breakfast).

Snacks - fat free yogurt, fruit especially strawberries, fat free jelly and the odd go ahead bar, crackers with one laughing cow light cheese triangle etc.

I do have one treat once a week, but nothing too fatty/greasy and nothing deep fried. I don't go to McD's, KFC, Pizza Hut and I certainly wouldn't eat a kebab's and I don't drink, so my treat has been low calorie crisp!!! Like I said earlier I have only been on the tablets 8 days so I'm still getting my head around it, I still do SW as it gives a better understanding and guideline. Who knows, I might be shitting myself tomorrow from Sunday's mid afternoon crisp!!!! but hey we all make mistakes, it's up to us if we learn by them!

Good Luck Hun x

• Posted

Thanks hun.  I lost 5st on WW a few years ago so I'm kinda following that from home as a way of staying on track smile im also using MFP as it has so much already worked out. Im going from eating a bag of choc, bag of sweets AND a packet of cakes neaely EVERY night so will defo be needing some small treats at least at the start till I get into it but I will just pick wisely smile do you mind me asking if you have been following the 5g per 100g rule then? X 
  • Posted

My Fitness Pal and Water Balance are good for keeping a close eye on your intake x
  • Posted

Hi Emma99427, I am part way through my second week on Oralist, and from what I gather is for your 3 meals a day you are allowed 15g of fat and you should take a tablet if you are going to eat food with a 15g of fat, you will emit this fat from your body due to the tablet.  The more you go over the 15g of fat the more effect you will have from your bowels, I have made sure I don't go over as I don't want to experience the effects ! Lol 

• Posted

Hi emma, i started the tablets on the 26th April and i am managing ok. i have been on the tablets before about 5 years ago and lost 3 stone. i have put weight on due to not been able to exercise due to having a trapped nerve. i have been trying for ages to loose i would loose a few lb and then gain it again. I think its just a bit of trial and error. I must admit though when you have had the side effects it really makes you think what you eat beacuse the side effects are not nice and you cant hold it. So they educate you in making better choices. make sure you drink plenty of water. i have got my first weigh in on tuesday iam hopeing for a good result but dont feel like i have lost anything at the minute just feel bloated. when i first staretd taking them about 5 years ago the company (MAP) use to be gave you telephone support but they scrapped the service they used to be really helpful and you got a welcome pack from them with info, a tape measure and a diary its a shame that dosent run anymore. have you staretd them yet or are you waiting till the weekend.
    • Posted

Hiya your situation is very similar to mine in the sense that I have lost the weight before but I gained mine back after developing CFS and more recently fibromyalgia.  I used to walk everyday for at least 45mins but now I can't even walk my girls to school sad 

I have just taken my first Blue pill. I've only just eaten my breakfast as ive been up all night.  I had 30g cheerios, 50ml of whole milk (getting semiskimmed later) and a banana.  = 4g fat total so fingers crossed that doesnt cause me any problems smile

• Posted

Hi Emma, I am not any expert on Oralist, as I have only been on them for 2 weeks this coming Tuesday.  I should not imagine there will be any thing happening with 4g of fat, maybe some wind if that, Lol.  I am having up to 15g of fat with up to 1 or 2 meals a day and so far have managed not to go over as I don't want to have major squirts from the nether region smile

• Posted

The last 2 years has been awful i have gained over 5 stone... i cant do any weight barring exercise and to be honest i should of been good and ate healthy but i wasnt in a good place after just having an ectoptic pregnancy. i use to go jogging 3 times a week but that all stopped. but i have to do something with my weight as it gets me down alot. i am not sure about the whole milk but you will soon find out when i first started then the 1st time round i was told drink a glass of water with every meal as it feels you up and every time you put a bit of food in your mouth put your knife and fork down and chew the food ha ha it does work as if you eat slower you fill up quicker (well i find it works) for breakfast i usually have either weetabix or a boiled egg with a slice of bread (no butter) and that fills me up till lunch and then i have salad sometimes with tuna, ham, chicken and a yogurt and fruit and then tea it usually something cooked fresh like spag bol or chicken etc. but when you start to loose weight and you can see a difference you will feel better with your self.
    • Posted

Lol "squirts from the nether region" 

Yeah im gonna aim for at least 12g for other two meals a day as otherwise it would be pretty pointless taking them lol im just so nervous,  not only incase of side affects but also as im so desperate to loose this time x 

• Posted

Snap I have just over 5st to loose. Seems so daunting but I know I will get there smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.