speech stumbling

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone. I'm just curious.i know I get the Fibro fog now and then but my biggest issue not being able to get my words.out properly I have to repeat the sentence a min of 3 times before I get it right. I'm finding that difficult to cope with. I'm 29 and a mother of 5 and looking at the confusion on their faces when I'm trying to tell them something is heart breaking sad I don't really think anything can be done about it. Does anyone else suffer like this??xxx

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh yes Nicola;   I think we ALL do.....and yes it is embarrassing.....and I have begun to think that this Fibro is here for us to learn something (wel let's say I'm trying to find a reason for ALL od these symptoms today).....maybe we now know what EVERY disease/condition  is like.......as we seem to have a Bit of them all...........I have meant to say things, and they have come out all wrong (there are times when I just have to Not say anything as I know I will put my foot in my mouth)......and as others' will say, with 5 cchildren, you really do have stress..........I guess, if  possible, it may come down to, for you, to learn to stop and think about what you want to say, before you  say something to your children????  This can be a hard learning test for you, but it may become essential, as if you have 5, and you only 29, I guess they are all too young to understand your Fibro???....................Bron
  • Posted

Yes Nicola that's what I get when I have brain fog..thought it was brain disease at first....poor you and with 5 children too..it must be all so very hard for you...really feeling for you...hope things settle down some for you really soon.. gentle hugs, be blessed...have a lovely day..:-) xxx
  • Posted

I think the kids do pretty well to understand it bless them well my eldest 3 do. I tend not to look at the negatives so much now and stress used to be an issue put I have learnt how to push it away. I don't get stressed very often now. But yes I have had to slow down when I'm trying to say something to someone. It's tough x thanks all x
  • Posted

Yes me im34 with 3 children who are 15,11 and one I was counting to my one year old and kept getting to 12 and then starting at one again! I burst out crying it was horrible as I knew it was wrong but I couldn't stop doing it I also trying to tell the boys something like could u get the monitor and that last word will not come out yet in my brain I'm thinking it but the word won't come out ! That really upsets me 😢

Gentle hugs xx

• Posted

Oh yes Sadie;  this too, is a problem with Not being able to remember the "word" that you want to use..............and for me, too, is the spelling ( I was always soooooovery good at spelling.....top of the class and getting awards for same in spelling competitions etc)...but even when typing on here, I have to really think, and go over the words Many times, to make sure that I have spelt them properly
  • Posted

Hi Nicola51831 Its all normal hun and to do with fibro fog. Im forever coming out with the wrong words it is embaressing frustrating and upsetting. Im forever getting corrected by my husband and laughed at by my son which doesnt help. my spelling is really bad when Im trying to write anything words end up all jumbled up.Its sooooo hard for us when we know what we want to say but it doesnt come out right, half the time I dont realize what I have said is wrong until Im corrected on it. you take care big hug coming to you xx
    • Posted

Hi kaz how are you today?. I started gabapentin yesterday I only took one but it did effect me badly and when I got up this morning my husband told me I was having a seizure in my sleep! I knew nothing about it and I'm very concerned x
    • Posted

Hi nicola51831 My advice is hun dont take any more of those tablets contact your gp asap, tell them what happened. Any side affects from meds should be reported to your gp straight away. please get in touch with your gp today dont take any more of them. Im very concerned what happened to you. let me know how youve got on when spoken to your gp take care big hug coming to you xx
    • Posted

Thanks kaz doc has told me to stop taking them. So iv now tried pretty much any med the doc can give me and I react to them all so I can't take anything x
    • Posted

Hi Hun I was exactly the same turns out Im allergic to opoids, I dont take anything for pain at all. just use wheat bags hot water bottles. has your gp tried you with a pain patch, that was the last thing I tried it went on my back. I had the lowest dose she could give me, I reacted that bad my husband had to ring hospital. My gp tried me on everything the patch was the last thing. theirs quiet a few of us that cant take anything sad take care gentle hugs xx
  • Posted

Morning Nicola and the rest of you Fibro sufferers, just when you think theres nothing left for this Fybro to cause us then its getting our words out, i think all the stories of how the fybro affects us should made into one long list and shown to the PIP tribunal people, would be quicker just to say read all this because i can get any one of these symptoms or all of them from one day to the next. Im very fortunate i havnt experienced this myself yet, i just wake up feeling nausiated every morning and the itchiness i have been experiencing after having  a shower, well im now waking up with before i have one. could the nausea and the itchiness be anything to do with the fybro i wonder which i get because of the M.E. i have.

Sue

• Posted

Hi susan556 I have had the itching and the nausea its all part of fibro Im afraid. I also have ME as for trying to get words out I struggle with words spelling and speech every day. when I try to write anything words come out all jumbled up Trying to tex is a nightmare all we can do is plod on take care
    • Posted

OMG no i had no idea that fibro caused itchiness and nausea too. Aww all this with the menaopause too, how do we get through the day, trying to get people to understand well they just dont, im even dreading visitors latley too, how bad is that. I plod on, make myself look as good as i can, smile, makes cups of tea, chat, give the impression im ok, always messing up with texts too, having to re read everything before i send of late. this will make you laugh, i sent a message to my son you coming around later Sh....t  (one letter  missing hear! ) Thing is we must have a sence of humour even if its with in ourselves  lol   Take care

Sue

• Posted

Like everyone else here, my thoughts and words are chaotic at times, but my short term memory seems awful too, my daughter tells me something and half an hour later I ask her the same question sometimes because I can't remember her answer, sometimes because I don't remember asking!! My spelling is worrying me too, as an English teacher, my spelling, or lack of remembering how to spell sometimes simple words is getting to me. I am trying to accept it as part of the fibro, and not beat myself up about it, and laugh at some of my silly words like parcark instead of carpark, but I do get frustrated and annoyed when I can't remember! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.