speech stumbling

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone. I'm just curious.i know I get the Fibro fog now and then but my biggest issue not being able to get my words.out properly I have to repeat the sentence a min of 3 times before I get it right. I'm finding that difficult to cope with. I'm 29 and a mother of 5 and looking at the confusion on their faces when I'm trying to tell them something is heart breaking sad I don't really think anything can be done about it. Does anyone else suffer like this??xxx

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi nicola

Yes we all do it, this morning I was trying to say the farmer is muck spreading , but it took me 4 times before I could say muck.

I was so red in the face.

Yesterday I went to the bank to start a standing order for the 30 September or the 1 October, but I said 30 September or 1 December!! The lady said October comes next. I felt so stupid.

It's rubbish.

Take Care Mace x

• Posted

hi nicola ive been having the same problem lately with my speech i was recently put on setraline 100 mg as i have anxiety disorder and fibrosad i am on other medications alos but i have found that this 1 was making my jaw wobble confusinf me all the time and my words didnt match what i thought i was saying or trying to say its so embarrassing and upsetting i havenow halfed my tablet but i understand what you mean im 33 i dont have children that must be awful for you maybe try and see your gp and chabge some of your medicaion??if you are on any that could be doing this to you i know that fibro itself can make us act a little different sad
  • Posted

Yes, I also have ADD but only take my perscription on work days. Even with it, I have the foggy brain and words will escape me but more often when I don't take my ADD meds. In my family, I have it, one of my sisters has it, my mother, both of my grandmothers, 2 of my cousins and 3 of my aunts- there are varying degrees but we all have it, you should hear the conversation at a family reunion. It can occassionally be embarrassing in some work situations, though most of my coworkers are used to it.

I will say that when I was being tried on various perscriptions for severe migraines that some of the medicines made it so terribly bad. Have you started taking anything? Even certain vitamins and supplements can have these kind of side effects. Even if you arent taking anything, you have fibro and you have 5 kids to distract you, it's going to happen. My mother used to call out all of our names in a row because she couldn't remember who she wanted to yell at. I attempt to think out my words first but it really slows the conversation down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.