Spirit Guides, has yours visited you and if so, could you share what happened?

Posted , 6 users are following.

My spirit guide visited me on 8 different ocassions and all 8 were in different forms.  The one I recall the most was the one after I had my second child.  At that time, there wasn't much known about postpartum depression but after my child was born, I had it severly.  I did go to the hospital and one day while reading the Bible, I had this woman come up to me, she was approx 6'2 or 3" and had a booming voice.  We walked down the hallway and chatted about life in general.  She also walked me through the Serenity Prayer...which was instrumental in my healing. 

Later that evening, I headed out of my room looking for her and couldn't find her.  I checked the morning after and still no woman.  I followed up that afternoon and still, no woman.  Her room was adjacent to the nurses desk so I  had asked them if she had left already.  I described her to them and they had NO idea whom I was talking about because no one fit that description.  A big black woman approx 6'3" surely isn't one people wouldn't take notice, right?

Some months later, I learned all about Spirit Guides and it was then that I believed she came to visit and guide me through a difficult time.  I've had several other incidents and will share with you but please, if you've had visitation, please share this with us. 

Also, if you don't believe in them, please share why not, if you will.  Anxiously awaiting your replies. smile

Warmly,

Frustrated

4 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Very interesting.. I would love someone like that to heal me.. I need some guidance as to why I worry so much.. Taking these meds are making me a zombie.. Ugh I pray to god every night to help me.. 
    • Posted

Hi  Tonya ~

I wasn't sure why I was "elected" with the presence of my Spirit Guide but whatever the reason, I'll take it smile  Like I said, I had several other visits and will discuss later.

I believe now that I know about Spirit Guides, you can "call" out for help from them but be aware, they come in many different shapes/forms.  It could even be a puppy or dog or cat etc...you  get the idea.  Just ask for yours to visit you and I believe you will find success in that.  Remember, even writing in here could summon your Guide.  Your Guide could be someone on here answering your posts.  Not me lol I hardly  qualify!  Maybe one day but I still have too much to learn before that happens.

Anyway, thank you for your response!  I apprecitate it.  Also, if you find you are getting positive feedback and possibly had a visit, share with us?

Thank you and warm regards,

Frustrated

• Posted

Your welcome.. Thank you too. I look forward to hearing more from you.. 😘 
  • Posted

Well Frustrated, you are full of surprises. This 'spirit guide' in my parlance is a holy angel - one of the 2/3 of the angels who did not rebel against God when Lucifer led a rebellion. 

The first visit I did not realise I had had until I read your post a few minutes ago. The second I understood at the time as you will understand when you read my account. There may have been other visits but if there are I have been too blind to see them for what they are.

I shall add each of the accounts seperately in case of computer troubles loosing a 1/2 hour of typing. I hate doing the same topic a second time. Besides it is never as good second time round.

Bless you for opening such an interesting discussion when you are still unwell and in pain.

Doc

• Posted

Hi Doc and everyone smile

Okay, I said I'd write about the other times I felt my Spirit Guide present but will do one at a time as it would be way too lengthy.

I was 20 going down to Florida with a group of girls.  At that age, we're invincible and I felt it that night.  We wanted to drive straight through and with 3 other girls and myself, it was possible if we shared driving and sleeping.  Well, we left shortly  after working a full day and we were already a bit on the tired side.  I was driving through Ohio then into Kentucky and when I got to Tennessee, the mountains became very steep and winding.  At that time, the speed limit was 80 and usually most people at age 20 went over by 5 or 10 mph, I  did the 10 over on top of being tired and everyone else in the car was sleeping.  

When you're up in the high mountains, some curvy spots didn't have a guard rail to help you.  I was heading towards a curve like that unbeknownst to me.  All the sudden, out of nowhere, a huge 18 wheeler semi truck came flying by me and cut me off and I ended up in the medium (grassy area between the north and south sides of the road).  I was angry to say the least.  

I could have killed these girls by flipping my car...boy oh boy did I want his license plate number and turn him in.  That semi was not in sight afterwards.

This is for real.

It was years later that I realized that my Spirit Guide must have been in that truck and cut me off so I wouldn't go over the mountain killing all of us.  I think about that all the time and have a warm and beautiful feeling inside.  I know there's something out there for me to do, but honestly, I cannot think of what it could be.  Perhaps I already did what I was supposed to do?  I'm still waiting paitently.

That actually was my very first visit from the Spirit Guide.

Thank you for reading,

Frustrated

• Posted

Incident 1

------------

I had never considered the possibility of a spirit guide or angel in my terminology took a hand in my endoscopy for a biopsy to confirm sarcoidosis in my lungs. The procedure required a ‘light anaesthetic’. We were day patients and we were not required to undress. Maybe, but I had trouble regaining proper consciousness. There was a nurse sitting beside the bed near my head. I asked her to read Psalm 46 and told her where my pocket Bible was. She found it and then read the Psalm quietly and clearly to me. As she read the fogs of anaesthetic cleared and by the end of the Psalm I was awake and clear in my mind.

I never saw that nurse again. The other patients were busy getting ready to go home. Some of them remarked to me that I had been a long time waking up. Soon the room was clear and I was alone, getting ready to go home.

Now 48 years later it does seem likely that the nurse was invisible to the others and her voice inaudible except to me. It would explain the vague sense of mystery I had felt since that event.

• Posted

Incident 2

-----------------

I do not like driving in London. I do not drive like the Londoners. I do not know my way around. I did know one route and one route only. It took me from the M4 to Wapping High Street. As long as I did not stray from that known path I was merely tense with apprehension and aware that the drivers around me were irritated by my slow hesitant progress. Slow, I was tanking along London’s narrow lanes at 30 mph. Each adjustment of lane a triumph of nerve over good sense.

This particular journey turned into a nightmare soon after leaving the M4. There were extensive road works for laying big new pipes. A one way system had been set up and I had the greatest difficulty in keeping to the right sort of direction. After what seemed to be an endless ordeal I arrived at a known point - Leicester Square. I let out a sigh of relief. All would be well now. We had probably all made this sort of mistake. I relaxed. Sucked by the speeding traffic into the Square I soon found I had insufficient nerve to change lane. In seconds I saw the wall of traffic turning south to the Embankment. My lane, to my horror, went straight ahead. Ahead into the unknown mysteries of London. I stared in unbelief. It was getting worse, much worse. The road ahead after a very short distance turned north. North. away from anything I knew or could recognise. Away from the Embankment. Away from the Thames. I would be lost amid this hurtling traffic pushed relentlessly on until, who knows where, I would stop, my fuel spent. Such was the despair that ran through my mind in a frantic millisecond or so.

Follow that black cab. The thought was clear, imperative. There were several back cabs ahead of me but my attention imediately fixed on the one ahead of the car in front of me. There was traffic light just ahead. What if the cab got through and I got the red light? I was in trouble. Then the cab took a right that I hadn't seen. The car ahead went straight on. I turned right. The cab had gone but the flow of traffic across the junction had ceased. Puzzled I moved forward. It was a one way road. I turned right. There was the cab. I hurried after it. Hope dawned. I was now moving south, towards the Thames. The cab turned left. I hurried to catch the green light but I didn't need to worry. I recognised the Embankment. I turned left and looked for the cab. Not a vehicle in sight for a quarter mile. A phalanx of cars waited at a red light in the distance. But there was no cat. It had completely vanished. I drove along the deserted embankment. The light ahead changed and once again I was in the maelstrom of London traffic.

I understood straight away what had happened. My angel (Spirit Guide ) in the guise of a black cab had led me back onto the correct route. I was then and still am very grateful. 

• Posted

Doc!

That's amazing, your Guide was the cab.  While reading your incident, I was at a point that I became breathless with anticipation.  I felt your anxiety losing the cab.  Then as you became familiar with your surroundings, I felt that calmness that was present in you.

Thank you for that!  You said you have more?  I do too.  I will write about them soon.

Anyway, much love to you!

Frustrated

• Posted

Thank you Frustrated,

It was a bit like a nighmare. When the worst issued out into relief only to turn in seconds to really much worse. I only dared to go on, like the Flying Dutchman, because I feared to stop even more. Yes, a waking nightmare.

Such a rescue.

When I have a nightmare that gets too frightening I just decide to wake up. You cannot when you are awake, can you. You just have to go on.

• Posted

When I was in my teens I used to go to the Stone Henge festival. One time my friend and I hitched to it. As we walked into the festival I met a guy riding a motorbike around and we talked about the bike because I ride them too.

Then me and my friend went off to find a spot for our tent. The festival is massive and we walked pretty far and set up our camp. My friend went off somewhere but I was tired so I lay in my tent and read a book. It was getting dark and I had a candle lit. I fell asleep and woke up to flames everywhere blocking me off from the open tent flap.

I was told that I was screaming like an animal but I don't remember screaming. Suddenly a pair of hands shot through the flames, grabbed my arms and pulled me out with only a burnt hand and burnt eyebrows.

It was the motorbike guy, I must've glimpsed him or instinctively known because when I looked round for him he'd vanished!

• Posted

I meant tents, we had one each. I say this because mine was a tiny one man tent and I'm sure I would have died or been very badly burnt if not for the Angel biker! I thank God for him. razz
    • Posted

Yes Georgia,

A wonderful, amazing account. Yes, indeed, thank God who provided that wonderful salvation and who kept the flames from touching you pending the moment you were plucked from the burning tent.

In the Old Testament Joshua the High Priest was as a brand plucked from the burning. Then there were the three men who were thrown into a furnace so hot that the solders who threw them in at the King's command died as they carried out their orders. Mysteriously, when the king looked into the furnace he saw a fourth man. All four were walking around, quite the thing. It might have been an evening stroll in the cool of the day. It was a life changing event for the king.

• Posted

Hi frustrated,

I know long time no see, well that could be me or you, or even a bit of both. I had Pleurisy just before Christmas 2014, but I was also waiting for results from an abdominal, prostate and testes Ultra-sound scan plus blood tests. Then yesterday my Doctor phoned me giving me the all clear for the prostate, liver had a bit fat around but was normal. There has been a hold up since blood tests before and after Christmas both showed up an infection somewhere, so more blood tests next week! The only thing that the Ultra-sound did pick up was a single polyp in the epidermal, which she said I should keep an eye on, she did ask for a second opinion on this from my Urologist and Oncologist. It’s not really anything to worry about, which I agree – it’s not worth operating on something that is so small and only grows basically in your older years.

Anyway, let’s get back to your question…

Good question as well, my brother used to mention these but I was never convinced. As you know I don’t believe in things I cannot physically see or touch. My wife does believe in Spirit Guides and has told me numerous things that she sees – I have a more philosophical scepticism on the subject, therefore for me to believe in this, would take a lot of persuasion. If anything at least a sign of something, that there’s more out there, than I know.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying people lie about spirit guides – there are many websites around that charge for personal readings, which cost an “arm and leg” (pardon the pun) and they get away with it! I have looked at these in detail, some charge in excess of $500 per reading over the phone. They cannot say the fee covers the webspace they are using because it only cost them $50 a year + a domain name at $8 a year. They install a script too handle fees, or get someone else to do it for them. The actual script is free and under a GPL license, just means you use it at your own risk. So, there you go a cheap website can be setup and be receiving traffic within a few hours.

If somehow or something could cure me, and I’m a very complex case it would be a miracle, nearly 30 years now and only deteriorating more each year. Frustrated, do you ever get the feeling that you done something in a previous life to cause the health matters that you suffer from now? I just wondered, because I often think about it, whether it is the medication I’m on I don’t know! Last year was a bad year, I suffered from numerous breakdowns thinking I’m a burden on the family – I know I was very low at the time, and seizures were high and regular.

Anyway, all the best,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Doc, Georgia and Les ~

Thank  you for your interesting stories.  Doc, can you remember anything more about your experience?  I mean, did anyone else (staff) talk to this nurse?  Just wondering.  I believe your nurse was sent to you to protect you from staying asleep.  She was there to wake you up and then she moved on.  Great for all of us who know you!  

Gloria,

Spirit Guides are so very different to each of us.  Like I mentioned in my original post, I've had at least 8 examples of my Spirit Guide and all are completely different from one another.  Thank God your Spirit Guide was with you because like  you said, you'd have most likely  burned.  Did you ever see him again throughout the rest of your visit?  Interesting, indeed.

Les,

You asked if I have the feeling that I've done something in my previous life to cause the health issues I'm suffering from now.  I have never thought of it that way.  The main reason is, Spirit Guides, in my opinion are assigned to you each time you visit as a "new" person.  I believe that what has happened to me in this life, is getting me ready for the final lesson I'm to learn and this will be my last life as we know it.

I am so sorry to hear that you've suffered from numerous breakdowns thinking that you are a burden on your family.  You know  if you could change things and make them different,you'd do  that, but you were given this task to perhaps help your family or they help you.

You did mention that you don't believe unless you can see and touch.  I saw and touched my Spirit Guides.  Mine came in the form of another person.  Would that convince you if that happened to you the same way?  I'm betting that if you loooked bad on your life and take a situation that you may have been in harms way or something like that, you'd possibly be aware of your SG.  When I acknowledged that the things happening to me were with my Spirit Guide, I just felt a sense of being complete.  

Anyway, I would love to see if you can think of a possibility.

Thank you all for your responses.  I still have a few more incidents to write about but I'll save it for possibly tomorrow.  I'm having a hard time with the danged eyes today.

Love to all!

Frustrated

• Posted

Les  Correction regarding the sentence "I'm betting that if you looooked bad...  Changed to:

I'm betting that if you looked back (not bad lol) 

That's all I have to say about that  :P

• Posted

"Doc, can you remember anything more about your experience?  I mean, did anyone else (staff) talk to this nurse?  Just wondering.  I believe your nurse was sent to you to protect you from staying asleep.  She was there to wake you up and then she moved on.  Great for all of us who know you! "

Hi Frustrated,

It was weird. As I sat up I found lots of bustle as people after me in the queue for endoscopy were almost ready to leave. As I said I never saw that nurse again and no other nurse seems concerned, Indeed I do not think I saw any nurse before I left. The people bustling about didn't josh me for being weird because I had the Bible read to me. They joshed me for taking so long to wake up.

Yes I agree with you Frustrated. I was in trouble with the 'light anesthetic' and an angel nurse was sent to fix the problem. Why reading a psalm that somehow I had managed to choose when I could not quite wake up still seems weird to me. It did reinforce my belief that the Scriptures are very important. It is a belief that has grown stronger over the years. Was I brain damaged and the angel was sent to fix it as there was more work to do down the line? I can only guess. Where were the regular nurses? Why wasn't one fussing over me when I did manage to wake up, get off the bed, adjust my clothes and go home? I can only guess. Recent accounts do tell us that things can go wrong especially if there are multiple simultaneous calls on the attention of staff.

My other account is perhaps more odd. I was wide awake when it happened. I shall write it as soon as I can.

• Posted

Mmmm Frustrated amd Les

I suspect Les believes in information. That cannot be seen and touched. No Les I do not mean the representation of information but the information itself.

George

• Posted

Doc ~  

That definitely sounds like a beautiful experience.  I'm happy they selected you to stay here on this Earth.  Kudos to Spirit Guides.

<3 frustrated xx frustrated="">

• Posted

Hi Frustrated.

That is what is so great about this forum. We can disagree and still be friends.

Ok, Frustrated, you disagree. Please explain, or maybe Les will chip in. If I am wrong I should like to understand. 

Cheers Doc

• Posted

Doc!

I don't believe any person is wrong if that is their belief!  I guess my belief in that subject is, if Les needs to be able to touch and see before believing, then information can come in a form of 'testing' or showing, therefore, that is touch and see.  Does that clear how I feel?  I hope so because I don't know how to explain it otherwise.

You know I love you!  I'd always keep you  as my friend!  There is nothing worth the cost of a good friend, right?

Much love!

Frustrated

• Posted

Dear Frustrated,,

You almost deflected my thoughts with those sweet, sweet words. Thank you for them. When I have finished basking in their warmth I will get back to my thoughts.

Where there is a point of difference probling and refining explanations leads to better understanding. That is my purpose. I agree, it is no use if each is asseting their own rightness and the other's wrongness. If it is a quest to improve understanding, that is progress. Perhaps Les will help. I hope he is well at present. I am always concerned when anyone is silent even for a couple of minutes.

George

• Posted

Hi Doc!

I agree, Les has been silent for a few days now.  I do so hope he's well and just taking a much needed break.  And really, I'm not worried about that meaning.  I know everyone is different and has different ideas and I accept that about everyone.  Therefore, you're right and I'm right smile  so there!  lol   And that IS progress <3

so my dear, doc, rest easy and know i'm on your side always!

warmly,

frustrated so="" my="" dear,="" doc,="" rest="" easy="" and="" know="" i'm="" on="" your="" side="" always!="" warmly,="">

so my dear, doc, rest easy and know i'm on your side always!

warmly,

frustrated>

• Posted

Hi biggrin Frustrated,

Yes indeed!Too often I have seen heated arguments when there was agreement only the two were using different words to express the same thing.

I  know you are always for me. If I was having a bad day and distressed you would own you are wrong in a breath to make me feel better. I do hope I never have such a bad day as to be that unkind to you. But as you know I can have very black days indeed, bad enough to need both Les and you to dig me out as happened on one occasion.That is this forum at its best and I bless you all for it.

So I rest easy in the warmth of your kindness.

Doc

• Posted

Hellooooo ~  Yes, I'm on a couple year delay lol but nevertheless, I'll continue on with one of my other experiences with a Spirit Guide.  I was 6 yrs old at that time and my little friend and I were walking and singing like little girls would do and all the sudden a car flew in front of us, exposing himself and asking questions like...do you like parks, do you like ice cream and on...my friend started moving towards him and I pulled her arm and told her my mommy said to NEVER go with strangers.  While pulling her, I was backing up and there were two men outside in the yard bbq'g and talking...they saw the look on our face and both ran out and the man jumped in his car and flew off.  One of the men got the plate number and my mother, her mother and the men all called the police.

I believe my spirit guide was the man that helped us in need.  Possibly the other man was my friends guide.  Of course at that time I didn't even know about SG.  In the end, that man was married, his wife was preggy and he was sentenced to 15 yrs in prison.  I can still see his deep, shallow black eyes.  I often wondered when he was released would he come looking for us.  Anyway, that was a horrible time in my life but I believe my guide saved me from harms way.

Thank you...Please join in and share your story with us.  This kind of talking is really quite healthy.  It gives you a sense of others and it also takes you away from your problems.  That, for me, is a savior!

Hoping to hear from anyone...it's been so long since I've been here but i'm hoping and praying I can join in as much as possible.

Again, thank you,

Frustrated smile

• Posted

If you pay to speak to spirit guide then I think you are right it's a lie it's fraud. Spirit guides are free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.