Spongy ridge area below urethra before vaginal opening.

Posted , 5 users are following.

To all the strong 💪ladies out there..

I have.a question and hope someone could help me while I wait for my appointment on Monday 14th may.

Does anyone feel more aware of the spongy area beneath the urethra when they walk or sometimes sit down.

Not sure if it's because of the anterior repair stitched where he lifted it up but it feels like also.

Have been checked but at the time thought it was healing. I'm 14 wks now .could it still be healing?

Anyone help me understand😮

X

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not sure if I am worried about same area as you or if it’s different. Between urethra opening and vag opening it feels soft but firm. I can’t remember what this area was like before prolapse. Have it in my head it’s not normal. Gynecologist said it’s fine. When I wake up this area is inside. As I stand it becomes a horizontal piece of flesh between urethra and vag. Nothing like prolapse was. It stays the same all day so doesn’t bulge. I’m guessing a lot of parts of our body move from one position to another on  standing ( thinking of my boobs. Ha).  So it’s probably normal. Does this sound  like your concern. 
    • Posted

Yes Ange it does.. I'm thinking when I had prolapse it wassup more or seemed like as prolapse was underneath it.

It does feel spongy but firm.. I'm wondering if it out new us??

I definitely feel it when I walk and if I go to sit down it may move.

It's so hard to describe hense why I'm taking my phone on Monday so I can take a picture 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Posted

I really am trying to convince myself it is fine and just a new me. It doesn’t bother me walking or sitting but seams on trouble are irritating. I’d like to hear from you after your appointment on Monday. 
    • Posted

Yes I will post another update on Tuesday morning for you all.

Can you believe I still have stitches come away.

Must off really stitched me well. I think they must be from tvh.

Try coconut oil around vulva of you feel off down there. Literally helps irritated tissues and if you stitch togethet😏😏

• Posted

I have been using this. It does help. Thanks. 
    • Posted

Yes yes yes is amazing.take a look at website.x
  • Posted

This sounds similar to something I have been wondering about, but I know the surgeon has seen it so have been trying to convince myself that It's ok/going to be ok 😬 it feels like a lump of vaginal wall tissue, it's ridged like vaginal walls, & sits just at the entrance & it rubs on things it's irritating!! I had a similar feeling when I had the prolapse also, like my walls were sagging & hanging out rubbing (how crappy are prolapses!?) but definitley no bladder bulging out anymore. I was going to ask about it at my 6 week check!

• Posted

Let us know please after your check up. It’s reassuring to know that we have the same issues. 
    • Posted

Hi tam

It's very annoying to be honest isn't it.

I was hoping I would be rid of any lumps irritation etc.

I'm wondering what can be done about it,may be nothing😠😠

I think it will drive me mad feeling that every day. If I use a organic oil based lube it helps but does this mean I have to use it everyday to ease myself of that feeling.

It may be that this is what is normal for me now after have a bulge for so long who knows. I will be taking my phone on Monday so we can iron out what I'm concerned about... My proff consultant seems very confident nothing untoward has happened since I saw him last.. I pray one day soon I will not be thinking of my vagina for once in my life😉😉😉

• Posted

Yes & it will be nice when everyone stops looking at it 😂 just when I thought I could have my dignity back after finishing having kids!! Let us know how you go!! I imagined everything would feel as it was pre prolapse afterwards aswell but I'm starting to wonder if it will ever be the same 😣

• Posted

Hi

I have this, my consultant has called it protruding urethral folds apparently normal for this surgery 

I explained too him that I can feel it but He has assured me that I definitely have no prolapse 

It can be removed in day surgery but he has said too continue with pf and adviced me too use a lubricant to ease the feeling if it’s still bothering me in July we will talk about it further 

Day surgery or not I don’t know if I want anymore intrusion down there 🤔

This really is tough surgery I am 11 weeks po and all though feeling so much better I still have days when I feel uncomfortable and prolapsed 

I don’t regret surgery but I wish I had known all of the side effects before I decided too take the plunge xx

• Posted

Thanks Chloe for your reply.. I'm guessing I'm normal then lol.

I do know they don't cut right to entrance so I'm thinking that's what you call urethra folds.. I have a check up tomorrow and I'm absolutely sure my professor consultant will tell me either way.. I was checked 5 wks ago and so was normal no prolapse.

Its annoying when you feel a bump rubbing in front but lubricant that yes really help but I do my want to rely on them every day.xxx

• Posted

Hi Chloe. I’m just behind you post op. I have also got similar symptoms. I think we have all had the same worries about our new parts. The are certainly not like pre children or pre op so seem to be alien to us. I feel reassured you were told  similar information about this as I was told. 

I’m looking forward to the feedback from your appointment tomorrow Welshgirl. Maybe if I hear it’s normal from a third source I’ll start to Belfast and accept. 

• Posted

Yes ladies I'm sure its just urethra folds like Chloe said.. Never been so obsessed with my vagina at age 50. When I was 21 it was just there 😂😂😂😂thought never about it.

I've learnt so much in 2 years than in 50 years of living in this planet.

We are still eArly days ladies in the grand scheme of things, I guess it's just time and patients. Speak to you all tomorrow evening as my private appointment is at 7pm in wales. 4 he drive but so worth it.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.