Spongy ridge area below urethra before vaginal opening.

Posted , 5 users are following.

To all the strong 💪ladies out there..

I have.a question and hope someone could help me while I wait for my appointment on Monday 14th may.

Does anyone feel more aware of the spongy area beneath the urethra when they walk or sometimes sit down.

Not sure if it's because of the anterior repair stitched where he lifted it up but it feels like also.

Have been checked but at the time thought it was healing. I'm 14 wks now .could it still be healing?

Anyone help me understand😮

X

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thinking of you today and hoping your appt goes well.  I also have that ridged looking tissue just under urethra but before vaginal opening...more prominent and bulgy as day goes on.  Mine doesn’t rub - but agree that it is worrisome in appearance as it is reminiscent of the prolapse.  I didn’t even know there was such a thing as urethral folds!! smile...what a journey!!!  Makes me feel a bit better that we all have it.  Looking forward to hearing how your visit went - and pray all is well.
    • Posted

The more people with it makes me more sure that it must be normal after this surgery. 🤞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.