stapedectomy - Help Me, who has these symptons

Posted , 7 users are following.

It is day four after the op. I now have a very very loud "heartbeat" sound constantly in my ear now, can't sleep and it is like a brum beating. Anyone else had this?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow so sorry to hear about that terrible sound messing your sleep. Try to calm down and think of the origin...how do you get it? Can you trace what happened that caused you this loud tinnitus? No. One avoid salt at all cause and preservatives too. Make everything at home, stay with fruit and veggies big time, avoid heavy foods. I have two things that have worked winders for me and perhaps they can give you some relief. I discovered that by holding and inverted position for a minute or so, the tinnitus greatly quiet down. This is what I do...I lay on my bed face down, up to my waist and I carefully bring my head to the floor I rest my head on my harms and allow my ears to feel full with the pressure...relax there for a minute or so and carefully come back up and equalize and tinnito quiets down...give it a try perhaps it help you
    • Posted

Sorry silly me I did not realized you just had an op. Give it time it will heal...that is problably a result the healing process. Do not panic it will get better..drink lots of water try to get close to water..a water fountain, the ocean, the breeze and the Sunshine they are very healing...Speaking of healing...the other thing I do daily..every morning are the Healing Codes see if you can buy the book...it has helped me a lot. Hope you are well in no time. I know youll feel much better in a week or so.
    • Posted

Thanks for reply. It might just go, but it is so loud, you would not believe it. It startedabout 2am, stopped about 7am, has now started again at 2pm.
    • Posted

Hi Danny...how about if I"ll talk to you till you get better...so you dont feel lonely there...I feel the same healing process of you op is causing all the noice in your ears...the inflamation...how about loving yourself and your body for the process is trying to go through ...heal you and helping with the food you eat...how about buying a beautiful juicy papaya or a delicious pineapple...ane instead of salt use tumeric
  • Posted

And how about drinking lots if water and fruit smoothies...no sugar, no preservatives. If you are in the middle of a very cold winter you should not go outside..so lets try something else...how about learnig to do something very difficult such as crotche...with one or two needles...and once you learn...make a warm hat or mittens to your family and friends?
  • Posted

Hummm how learning to paint with acrilics and paint from your heat something you always liked and how about buying an old car and disassembke it and put it together again. I love to cook so what I do is I make bread...the kneading takes my mind off the noice...give it time ...youll feel better soon
  • Posted

My sons name also is Danny...enjoy the quiet moments that will come to you in a few days
    • Posted

I am busy working on my websites. I do drink lots of water now, not going out into the cold. But the noise is still there!
    • Posted

Hi Danny I just read about your op...you'll be fine and the best thing hearing a lot better. Hang in there kid!! ;-))
  • Posted

the noise is now driving me mad, just won't go, keeps me awake, ahhhh. Wonder is sudofed would unblock and stop it?
    • Posted

Oh no!! I've had otoscerosis for 20yrs. I've just decided to make appointment to see an ENT Consultant and was going to ask for a stapedectomy. I've read about three stories on here of problems that people have had following that op so now Im having second thoughts. Im profoundly deaf in my right ear and have nothing to lose. Well I didn't think I had but now Im not so sure!! Reassure me please asap. Thanks
    • Posted

go for it, The noise has stopped now and you don't get a lot of pain after the bandage is removed, the pressure goes and all I get now and then is a very sharp bad pain in the ear that lasts for seconds, I feel tons better. It is the whooshing noise that was terrible, but not everyone gets it. Get it done, this is my secone, 1st at 18, 2nd at 51, so they last a long time
    • Posted

Danny Im so happy for you!! So glad you are enjoing nice hearing...good health for you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.