stapedectomy - Help Me, who has these symptons

Posted , 7 users are following.

It is day four after the op. I now have a very very loud "heartbeat" sound constantly in my ear now, can't sleep and it is like a brum beating. Anyone else had this?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. No idea if I can hear yet, there is packing inside my ear, won't know until a week today
    • Posted

I'm already so happy for you. It will be fine and you will hraring even the needles when they fall. Soon you can celebrate by listening to the sounds of nature :-))
  • Posted

thanks everyone. I am getting the packing taken out next Tuesday, will let you know if it worked!
  • Posted

Just had the packing removed by the doctor. I CAN hear, it is so loud. I have to have a hearing test in 7 weeks, but I know it is fine, I can hear so much ! Only problem, I have to get used to it now, can't sleep well as I hear to much ! But don't care, hearing is more important than sleep!
  • Posted

It's months later, it has all settled down and I can hear fine, getting the other ear done next year. Things are so loud now with just one done, I will seriously think about the other one. I hear the noisey birds on the roof (had to put a scarer up there!)
  • Posted

Oh Danny; I cannot say thank you enough for your question and this discussion; since I just did my surgery for my left ear on Tuesday May 10, 2016 (a few days ago) in London, ON, Canada. Exactly like yours from yesterday, the 4th day of my surgery, I have been suffered of VERY loud none stop heartbeat noise; no way to be able to sleep or do daily tasks. I am worried that some infection might happen due to taking shower. I am supposed to see the surgeon on Monday, the day after tomorrow. I have so much pain in my ear. I searched a lot about this issue and yours gave me some heal that it should be normal. It is extremely annoying; I cannot do anything. This surgery has made me so weak. 

Should I conclude that the heartbeat noise will go away and nothing to be worried about that now?  

It seems that you are happy with your experience after one year. I should do the same for the right one later. So every stage of this experience will help me for the next one.

Thx.

A

• Posted

Hey Danny 420, thanks for sharing your experience i just had mine done Aug, 2, 2016, I'm on day 7 of recovery, i coughed a few times here and there. I also smoke weed here in Cal. My question is did you smoke, cough , sneeze etc. Maybe thats why you where hearing your heart beat.. I havent felt any of that , the only thing that worries me out i pinched my nose to pop my ear i tottally forget not to pop my ears, just bad habit.

• Posted

Hi, I just read that you had a stapedectomy done and you pinched your nose to pop you ears by mistake, I did the same thing. Were you ok after? Were you able to hear good after a few weeks?
  • Posted

It's day 5 for me. It's been so easy. No pain, no meds, perfectly normal. Now tonight for the last 2 hours I'm hearing my heartbeat in my ear. I can't concentrate or let alone sleep. Anybody else having this problem, it's driving me crazy. My packing doesn't come out until May 3rd.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.