Staples out then theatre night

Posted , 9 users are following.

help,

I bought tickets for a show ages ago and long before I had date for full knee replacement which took place 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I get the staples out in and show is that night, the very same day!

Am I mad to think I can still go to the show?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

totally agree, I had to re-schedule a birthday celebration 2 weeks after my op, not just how I felt quite vunerable and not 100% I was concerned in case someone bumped into me or I knocked it on the table . There are times when we have to be kind to ourselves and do the sensible thing....

• Posted

OMG! I could not have even thought about something like that. You will still most probably be on strong drugs for pain, the crowds don't realize you're leg is so vulnerable, you may have to be getting up and down letting people into their seats. It will be hell and it's dangerous for your knee. Maybe speak to your surgeon or PT about this, we are just people who have been through this. Good luck.

• Posted

Eaglebearer is absolutely right about the strong drugs, on top of the sheer vulnerability of your knee. Personally i don't see how you can already have been out in the park walking your dogs which often either give sudden tugs on their leashes or just pull you up sharp when they stop suddenly. You've a very long journey with this knee, which has barely started to heal - 12-18 months. Treat it with all the respect and care that a major operation of this sort deserves.

• Posted

Sorry, this should if course have been addressed to Chisi.

• Posted

Did you go, and if you did how did you get on?

• Posted

did you go to the show, and were you ok?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.