Staring my Journey on Orlistat

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I am new to this kind of forum discussion so please bear with me. Started Orilstat on Friday and I really dont think its working (not sure what I was expecting) but have had a really sore head , tummy and back and have been really constipated.  has anyone else experienced this in the first few days .  I have bought some all bran to see if that helps me feel less heavy.  Thanks 

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hiya hun i started last Wednesday and thought the same untili had a pizza last night tho as a treat as I've been dieting for 4 weeks and my god they work lol I paid dearly this morning lol x
    • Posted

Hi Laur83 omg really thats what I feel like doing going and having something really bad to see what happens lol so have you been feeling the same as me heavy and constipated (hahah ) what away to start a friendship !!!! 
    • Posted

Yes last week I took senokot aswwll your probably just not eating to much fat there is a good support group on Facebook if your on there x
    • Posted

great might need some help with that I am not too good with facebook or computers thanks so much could do with with some support x 
    • Posted

Are u following any diet just just cutting down I follow slimming world which is really good I eat loads and never feel full! X
    • Posted

well I following the WW quick Start which is low fat and high fibre but I see a lot of folk talking about the slimming world so might have a look at that think they are all getting that they are much the same now x So how would I tap intoo the facebook support (not that I am not appreciating your support ) lol do you have much weight to loose and what was the reason you came to be offered this course x (sorry if thats too nosey just say )
    • Posted

Yeah I want to lose about 5 or 6 stone I heard about it and went to docs to see if I could try it. Have you got a facebook account you would need to sign up to facebook then search for orlistat support group lots of people on there who are very helpful. Slimming world if fab xxx
    • Posted

yes I have a facebook account /page so I just look up Orlistat support Group ??? yeh I need to loose 5 stone cant believe I used to be 8.5 stone and over the years it just gets out of control and defo know its a lot to do with my issues in every way shape and form even though I have told myself its not x
  • Posted

Hi Geraldine

I've been taking them 13days I felt exactly the same so went to the doctor and got weighed after 5 days I lost 8lb and now it's 11lb so although it appears not to keep up the hope because they brilliant

• Posted

omg Jodie really so you felt full and bloated and constipated I feel I need to go and get a massive high dose of laxitive but I must say I have not been hungry very thirsty drinking lots of water.  are you on the Facebook Forum Laur83 just directed me there thanks so much for getting bck to me.  Have you much weight to looose I have about 5 stone EEK x

• Posted

Hi

Yes the first 5-6 days I felt really constipated and bloated, my doctor told me to drink 2liters of water a day.

I feel hungry but my doctor said that means it's working I have no thoughts to just go and get food like I used to i just stick to 3 meals a day low in fat and lots of protein.

I have a shocking 6-7 stone to lose! I have just joined the Facebook group so I'll have a look on there!

Hope your journey goes well

X

• Posted

great Jodie thank you yes I just joined (can anyone see that ) I dont feel hungry did a bit today but think that was more bordom as I was off work . and defo doing low fat  god dont worry its not shocking I have 5 stone to loose to take me to 10 stone which will be good for my hight etc .  I wish you well too hope its not the last time wee speak 

• Posted

Sorry for late reply yes I'm on there laura ramsell smile u have probably seen a few comments on there from me xxx
    • Posted

Hello ladies, excuse my interruption but I have about the same as you to lose jodie - aiming for 7 stone - eek! Glad I found this place though as it seems a really supportive arena to share smile Good luck all x
    • Posted

Hi beth

Join the orlistat support group on Facebook its brill

Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.