Staring my Journey on Orlistat

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I am new to this kind of forum discussion so please bear with me. Started Orilstat on Friday and I really dont think its working (not sure what I was expecting) but have had a really sore head , tummy and back and have been really constipated.  has anyone else experienced this in the first few days .  I have bought some all bran to see if that helps me feel less heavy.  Thanks 

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, this will only work if you are actually eating fat? Have you been eating naughtily or healthily?
    • Posted

I follow slimming world I did have a pizza Monday and I knew about it the next day!!! Apart from that I don't have many of the bad side effects x
    • Posted

I'm not following nothing just ñot eating to much fat
    • Posted

I been little bit naughty but eating healthy I wad only eating once a day was put on these and told I have to eat at least 3 times a day so that's what I'm doing now x
    • Posted

Hi Helen nice to speak with you - I was thinking the same things as I have not really had a bad experience as you might put it but because of that I am wondering what they are actually doing if anything . Thinking of eating something really naughty to see hahah I feel I need the loo but when I go its nothing at all 
    • Posted

Hi maria nice to meet you - I have been the same just watching the fat content in things but I just feel nothing is happening and wondered if you need to eat fatty things for it to actually get kick started any ideas ?
    • Posted

Well since my pizza episode I've been passing more fat every time I need the loo x
    • Posted

cheesygrin see thats what I am thinking that I am eating so little fat its like wee bits and bobs coming through (how lovley) think I might wait till sat and have something really fatty and let it BLOW lol x I hope you dont mind me asking have you had this yellow staining on your underwear ? 
    • Posted

like my diet today has been: Bowl of All Bran with Skimmed Milk at 6am I (start off early for work), Break I had one slice of 50/50 crusts away with 3 table spoons beans, a pear,  handfull of grapes and 3 polo mints, went for a 30 length swith after work and then had a ryvita with a laughing cow light cheese triangle, a Bowl of home made lentil soup and 1 after eight and 1.5 ltrs of cold water - dinner is a vegetable dish with pasata tomatoes and basil and pasta nothing in their is too fatty is it apart from the after 8 chocolate (1 off) ?? 
    • Posted

Sounds like it's working it's litterally orange I run to the loo now if I need to fart lmao incase it's not actually a fart haha! Oh the joys!
    • Posted

Yeah u will only pass fat if u are actually eating but my blow out was enough to put me off pizza for a while apart from tonight I've got the girls coming round for hair and make up trials for my best friends wedding I've done us all a massive buffet with sausage rolls and pork pies oops! Lol so tomorrow could be interesting again! But then I'm back to strictly slimming world x
    • Posted

yes thats right bright orange I have actually put on a towel incase it blows and am no expecting it hahahahaha thanks Laura really appreciate the advice and just the chat about it .  see on the facebook page can all my friends see what I am saying in that conversation (all of it came up in my notifications and I thought good god what have i done hahaha) do you live in Scotland or England if you dont mind me asking no worries if you dont want to say just curious x

• Posted

No they can't it's a closed group so only members can see thank god would hate tho think my friends can see me writing about it haha I'm in England West midlands x
    • Posted

I am actually howling thats brill well I can only do that at weekends or work would send me marching running like a looney to the loo all the time and see to be honest Its no easy to clear that orange crap from the bowl its like TAR xxxx right have a fab night I will speak to you tomorrow see how you are fairing or farting which ever is the most likliest xx

• Posted

thank the lord I have just joined a CBT course as well and put a lot of rubbish on Facebook about it on the CBT page and everyone could see it omggggggggggggg i nearly died got it off before too many folk seen it (was nothing bad ) but nothing I really wanted other folk  to know bloody eijit - I am in Glasgow if you havent already guessed with the lingo xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.