Staring Week 13, Still Sick

Posted , 8 users are following.

If you have gone past week 12 and are still sick, or took longer than 12 weeks, please let me know. I had about 6 hours sleep last night and woke feeling awful. That is one of the reasons I got off this mess to start with. I would sleep well, and wake feeling like I had a hangover, and this morning was just like when I was on the 45s. Anxiety is getting worse. I have tried to be strong and not whine about symptoms, just give updates. But this is getting worse, I almost feel like when I was having crying spells. Thanks to everyone who has helped over the past 12 weeks. Maybe it is just a bad day, if so, it is a really bad one, and after the best sleep that I have had in weeks. David

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi David. I am sorry u are still suffering but at least u are sleeping. Did u sleep at all in the beginning? I am getting one to two hours and am exhausted. Does it ever get better.
    • Posted

Susan, yes it does get better. My advice to anyone is get it when you can. Get in a comfortable position so if you doze off you can make the best of it. You need your sleep and rest, and your body doesn't know what time of the day that it is. Just my advice.
    • Posted

Did u get much sleep in the beginning. I am like a walking zombie. I managed to rest and doze at my mom's this afternoon. But when I get in bed I relax but sleep doesn't come. Doc given me valiam but I am very reluctant to take it
    • Posted

I was up all night a few nights, and if I had a valium, I would have been glad to get it. Be as kind as you can to yourself. Do you have a TV in your bedroom? I would watch mine until I would doze off, just to get what little that I could. I have the volume all the way down to zero.
    • Posted

Hi David. Thank u for helping me. I am just worried that I won't sleep again. I think I worry so much too so makes it worse. Hope u feel better soon. X
    • Posted

We have the worry thing in common. That is why anxiety has really been an issue in addition to the symptoms from hell! Try this: Lay flat on your back, legs uncrossed, arms at your side, palms down, head on a comfortable pillow. Close your eyes, start with your right foot and make it relax, then your ankle, leg, and then the left one exactly the same. Then your hands, tummy, chest, neck and head. Take the time to be sure each part is completely relaxed. Noise like a fan will help. Music makes you have something else to think about, and you need your concentration on staying relaxed. I was given those instructions years ago at Duke Medical Center, and it helped. Good Luck, David
    • Posted

Thanks David. I will give it a try. I have tried the fan and a ticking clock. My mom gave me a soothing cd to play tonight. It helped her when my dad passed away. I always slept well and this is so awful. My husband and mom aren so worried about me. I was contemplating staying at my mom's tonight. Get really anxious in the night and I suppose having my mom in the other room helps. X
  • Posted

Hi David, have you been on mitizapine all that time i feel dreadful and have only been on it 4 weeks don't want to eat not interested in anything no sleep now diazipam has stopped Dr wanted to stop it. cant go out of house feel weird all day.stomach pains are hideous .
    • Posted

Jen, I have been off it that long, haaving withdrawals. I was on it for 8 years.
  • Posted

Hi David,

So sorry to hear you're still suffering, you'd imagine after 6 hrs sleep you'd feel a little better & have a brighter day, I, too am still not sleeping since coming off mirt, had 1hr last night even though Dr gave me something for sleeping!

Really really hoping & praying you get some relief very soon.

Thinking of you

• Posted

Brandy, how long have you been off the mirt? Thank you for the kind thoughts.
    • Posted

I'm off mirt about 6/7 wks now, had the WD 2 wks after coming off it, shaking, sweating, stomach cramps, running to bathroom, itching, thankfully it only lasted a couple of weeks but sleeping is very very hard, the most I'm getting is 3hrs & even that's very restless, even tried having a couple of drinks before bed & still no go 😞

Have yours not suggested anything to help you through David?

• Posted

David, missed out *Dr - to help you

Guess that's what lack of sleep does!

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Brandy. How r u coping with so little sleep? I am the same. I lie awake foe hours and drop off about 4 or 5 for an hour. Two if i am lucky. Feel awful. X
    • Posted

Hi Susan,

Sleepless nights are torture aren't they!!! I was on Zopiclone along side mirt but since coming off mirt zopiclone had no effect so docs put me on Zolpidem yesterday, I was so looking forward to a nights sleep & ended up having less!!! I can fall asleep easy enough just can't stay asleep for long, I'm like a walking zombie lol, I don't sleep during the day in case that affects sleep but it doesn't make any difference, so tempted to take a mirt just to sleep, have your docs suggested anything to help you?

Thinking of you xx

• Posted

Hi Brandy. How was your sleep last night. I managed from three to five then five to six. Took half a nytol but they don't usually work with me. X
    • Posted

Hi Susan

How you feeling today?

I took double sleepers last night as I couldn't even talk to my kids through tiredness! I know it's not something I should of done but on the upside I got a full nights sleep 😊

I tried Nytols too but they didn't do anything for me.

Have you asked your Dr for help with sleeping? X

• Posted

Bless u. I have he gave me diazepam but I don't want to take it. I am trying to get through it. I nap in day if tired. Doing healthy shakes every morning spinach and fruit. Omega fish oils. Walking when I have had some sleep. Yesterday I had to push myself. Glad u are a bit better today. It seems most of us who come off mirt have insomnia. I wonder what it does to the brain? Xxx
    • Posted

I think I'm brain dead most days Susan lol

Have you tried taking diazepam every other night or couple of nights just to see if it helps? I feel good today & putting that down to a full nights sleep, if I had of known I'd be left 4 stone heavier & an insomniac I'd never have started the dreaded mirt though they helped me through a very difficult time.

Maybe one day we'll be 'normal' again lol

Lots of hugs xx

• Posted

Bless u. U sound up beat I guess we have to see the funny side, no point in being doom and gloom all the time lol. Do u think our sleep will return? I am praying lol. It got me through a rough time too. I have had no other side effects apart from itchy skin and I did taper but still insomnia. My poor hubby isn't having much of a life at the min. Problem is u can't plan anything can u as u don't know whether u will have slept or not. Are u taking sleep meds tonight? I don't want to get addicted to something else and I know they are very addictive. If I had have known how hard this was gonna be I would have said stuff the mirt where the sun don't shine lol 😁 xxx
    • Posted

If we didn't see the funny side I think we'd go insane & have to think ourselves lucky when you see what poor David is going through. I hope & pray our sleep returns I'm a single mum to 2 teenagers & need to be on top form to be able to cope with the mums taxi, hormonal rages, door slamming etc lol

I understand you don't want to get addicted to anything else, however diazepam is usually a very short course as docs are aware of how addictive they are, they may help to get you into a sleeping pattern. If I were you I would try one to see how it goes but understand we're all different.

I will take my normal meds tonight but not double up as I don't want to rely on that for sleep til the end of time. I have to go back to doc next week about the sleeping so will see what she says then.

Hugs Susan xx

• Posted

I can understand. U have to be alert to look after the kids. I have none unfortunately but that is another story lol. I know David has gone through the mill and back. U take care and keep me posted how u get on. Lots of hugs to u too xxxx😘
    • Posted

Life was obviously sent to try us all in one way or another it seems. I'll set keep you posted & you keep in touch too

Take care lovely lady xxx

• Posted

Hi Susan, I was just going through David's post,when I come across you.

I would just like to tell you I take Diazpam and its nothing more than a relaxant,the thing about Diazapan is you can take them as and when you need to take them, so really it's up to you how often you take them.

Personally in my opinion they are less harm to you than Mirt which once you star is difficult to WD from.  Now Tamazapam is a sleeping tablet.

But with Diazpam you take as needed,I've taken it for years BUT I may have one two or three in one day,then not touch them again for a month,so it's up to you if you become dependent on them. Mirt an entirely different story.

Take care 

• Posted

Thank u Norma. Was worrying as don't want to get addicted to something else. Is diazapam just a relaxant then? Not an antidepressant? Are u off mirt now? Xx
    • Posted

No,it's not really an antidepressant,but just like anything you could get addicted to it if you were silly enough to take it regulaly.  But like I say the good thing about it ,is you can take it as needed. Example if you were having a really bad anxious day take it to relax you,but don't take it if you don't need it.  Things like antidepressants have to be taken on a regular basis. Then you have to wean off them,but if you can just take a tablet as needed,surely that's got to be better.   And yes I am on Mirt. I started at 45mg 7yrs ago, I've been weaning down off them for the last year,I'm now down to 7.5 but not without difficulty,and Diazapam has been a great help.

In fact my Gastrologist who is the best in the UK,agrees with Diazpam being a great help for people like me who is trying to come off an antidepressant that has caused me tremendous GI pain,just like David. Susan I think anything is addictive if you use it regularly enough. Mirt is one of the worst drugs ive ever taken for WD,they don't tell you that when they put you on it.

It may be a good drug if you need it for life,but not if you've got to WD off it.

Sorry to have ranted on so much Susan but I feel quite 

Strongly about this subject. You take care.

• Posted

I wish I had never been given it! It did help me through a bad time but wish I had been strong enough to get through on my own. I have only had insomnia as a withdrawal so I suppose not too bad but I don't function well without sleep and am just about managing 3 hours. Worried that I will never normalise. Did u sleep well on mirt? I did. Only been on since last July. Xxxx
    • Posted

Yes,I did sleep on it. But it's no good just taking it for sleep,try and find another way,and like any drug when you've been on them a long time they don't do the job they were intended for.  So after taking Mirt for 7yrs no they didn't help me sleep,really Im just taking them now because im struggling to get off them,like a lot of people.  Susan try thinking of talking to your GP about another way round your problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.