Staring Week 13, Still Sick

Posted , 8 users are following.

If you have gone past week 12 and are still sick, or took longer than 12 weeks, please let me know. I had about 6 hours sleep last night and woke feeling awful. That is one of the reasons I got off this mess to start with. I would sleep well, and wake feeling like I had a hangover, and this morning was just like when I was on the 45s. Anxiety is getting worse. I have tried to be strong and not whine about symptoms, just give updates. But this is getting worse, I almost feel like when I was having crying spells. Thanks to everyone who has helped over the past 12 weeks. Maybe it is just a bad day, if so, it is a really bad one, and after the best sleep that I have had in weeks. David

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi David I'm sorry your going through this. Just looking for advise. I have been taking 3.75 mg for the last 7 weeks. Had gallbladder removed 6 months ago and got dreadful nausea and vomiting after the operation. The nausea would wake me up in the middle of the night so my gp put me on 7.mg which made me feel drugged and then told me to take half the tablet. I have Beendoing acupuncture the last few weeks and the nausea has almost gone but have terrible soreness in my throat. I didn't take a tablet last night and woke up at 5 feeling sick and have terrible nausea all day. Could not taking even a low dose of 3.75 cause side effects this quickly or can this low dose cause withdrawals at all? It

Just seems to much of a coincidence that I didn't take the tablet last night and feel like vomiting all day. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks xx

• Posted

Ace, I wish that I knew something to tell you that would help. I went cold turkey at 7.5 mg over 3 months ago, and did have nausea (still do but not as bad as it was), but missing pills and the results is something that I don't know about. Have you had your throat checked? Or did it come from wretching and vomiting? Wish I knew more to tell you. Do I understand that you were put on the Mirtazapine after the surgery for the nausea? David
    • Posted

Thanks David. My gp prescribed it to help me sleep through the nausea. She had planned on upping the dosage to 15mg and after taking the 7.5mg I said no way. So she left me on the 3.75mg for the last 7 weeks and I haven't really had any nausea the last few weeks and also my vomiting Stopped before I starting taking it. I'm just wondering would me missing a dose last night cause this nausea and shaky feeling? I don't really want to take them anymore to be honest but am now afraid because I feel so sick today. I was ok yesterday. Would such a low dose have this side effect? How long should it take to go out of my system? The sore throat feels like heartburn. Unfortunately having my gallbladder removed has has a terrible effect on my body and have been in and out of hospital but my doc keeps telling me it will all settle down in time. Appreciate your help. X
  • Posted

I found this drug worse too. I've gone back onto Prozac now. Clearly it doesn't suit everyone. A one off works as a sleeping aid but long term, does not suit me alas.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.