Start / Now / Goal - Part 1

Posted , 77 users are following.

Not sure if this has been done..but how would everyone feel about putting up their stats?? We can update/edit the post with each weigh in..

I will start..

Age 32

Height 5ft 3\"

Started off 2008 at 148.9kg (lost 10kg myself before I started tabs)

Goal Weight: anything lighter than 15stone (95kg) (horse weight limit)

Start date ; 01/10/08

Start weight ; 138.4 kg

1st weigh in date ; 24/10/08

1st weigh in ; 133kg

Loss of 5.4kg

2nd weigh in date ; 21/11/08

2 weigh in ;

0 likes, 360 replies

360 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'll go along with this Kayos

Like you I want to be able ride horses again, My sister keeps them and I'm too heavy to ride them :cry:

Age 40

Height 5'4\"

June 2008 weighed 18st 10lbs

I got the tablets at the end of June, but I was too scared to take them after reading about the side effects so I have no idea when I actually started to take them lol

Goal weight 12 stone something, thats when I stop being obese, and just become overweight, if I get that far though I might just decide to change my goal posts smile

23/8/2008 1st weigh in 17st 6lbs - loss 1st 4lbs

28/9/2008 2nd weigh in 16st 8lbs - loss 12lbs (total loss 2st 2lbs)

28/10/2008 3rd weigh in 15st 8lbs - loss 1st (total loss 3st 2lbs)

25/11/2008 4th weigh in

• Posted

Hi all,

My stats are:

Age 46

Height: 5ft 2\" (and eyes of blue!!)

Start Weight 15st 8lbs

Started end of May but can't remember the date and had 3 weeks off to go on holiday in July.

Didn't have any weigh ins at Drs until Sept and weighed 14st 8lbs then

now weigh 14 stone and due a weigh in end of this week, but not positive I've lost anything as been on and off it this month.

Would love to get down to 10 stone and if I ever achieve it will rethink my goals then - it's been about 25yrs since I weighed 10 stone so it's hard to remember what I felt like then - can't see me getting to my ideal weight for my height which is something ridiculous like 7st 12lbs!!Ha Ha Ha!! Still you never can say never - watch this space.

I know I don't want to be obese at 50 and so I've got 3 1/2 yrs to get there.

Well done everyone on their losses to date and will update on my next weigh in.

Jane

• Posted

started on reductile but kept raising my blood pressure doctor said i was allergic to an ingredient in it so started me on the blueys .so i started these for 2 weeks doctor kept and eye on my blood pressure.2 weeks later blood pressure ok

start date 7/10/09

start weight 14 stone 9 lbs

1st weigh in date 21/10/08

1st weigh in 14 stone 2 lbs

loss 7lbs

2nd weigh in date 18/11/08

2nd weigh in 13 stone 11 lbs

loss 5 lbs

total 12lb loss to date :D :D

• Posted

Hi Everyone

I'm happy to go along with this - its great to see the weight loss of people on here I think its amazing

Weight on the 6th Oct (first day on Blueys) 103.5kg

Weight on the 6th Nov (1st weigh in) 97.8 kg

Height 5ft 11

I will let you know weight on 2nd weigh in on the 6th Dec as only weighing in once per month.

Tigs

(':P')

• Posted

yeah me too,gr8 idea!

5'5

1st day on taking blueys,13th oct weighed 14'2

1st weigh in on 10th nov weighed 13'7

total loss so far 9lbs!

ive also been gym lost loads of inches,lost more of legs and butt so look bit like muffin top now!lol so dont look in proportion but doing specific excersises for middle area and getting there!keep it up peeps. xx

• Posted

Would seem I can't edit my post.. so wil have to repost each time..but thats not hard..

Age 32

Height 5ft 3\"

Started off 2008 at 148.9kg (lost 10kg myself before I started tabs)

Goal Weight: anything lighter than 15stone (95kg) (horse weight limit)

Start date ; 01/10/08

Start weight ; 138.4 kg

1st weigh in date ; 24/10/08

1st weigh in ; 133kg

Loss of 5.4kg

[b:8516726fb6]2nd weigh in date ; 21/11/08

2 weigh in ; 130.6kg

Loss of 2.4kg[/b:8516726fb6]

Total Loss of 7.8kg

3rd weigh in date ; 19/12/08

3rd weigh in ;

• Posted

45year old woman

Height 5ft 6

start date 19/11/2008

start weight 17stone 11lbs

I know that I can lose the weight as I lost it just over a year and a half ago - I was then weighing 14 stone at the time but needed a major op, which meant I sat around and did nothing for a long time. After that, I stopped exercising and then the old habits came back and on came the weight.

I am more worried about keeping it off afterwards. It appears nobody has been on the tablets for more than two years, so what happens once the weight is off??

• Posted

Kayos -

Well done, you must be pleased :-)

Guest - hiya's

\"I am more worried about keeping it off afterwards. It appears nobody has been on the tablets for more than two years, so what happens once the weight is off??\"

I do believe you can only take the tablets for a maximum of one year, so for myself after the year is up I'm hoping thanks to the blueys I will of trained myself mentally as to what I can and cannot eat, and as I'm getting fitter and able to do more with each lb I lose I'll be able to keep up with the exercise and somehow keep the weight off *crosses fingers*

this is of course just my opinion and I'm no expert .. so basically I'm jumping to my own conclusions and hopes lol

• Posted

Kaelea..

Yes I am pleased ... not as good as the first month of course..but off is better than on.. no matter how small..

I was led to beleive that you could be on the tablets for 2 years.. (as the research says that there are no records for people being on them for more than 2 years)..

I would think it would be up to the individual doctors..

I suppose I am apprehensive..of being \"on my own\"..BUT I am like you.. hopefully once its off.. THERE IS NO WAY I AM LETTING IT BACK ON!

• Posted

Your right :-)

me bad :-(

It is 2 years .. grr damn my docs .. I only got permission for a year *goes off in a sulk*

• Posted

I could be wrong..BUT...

I think you can stay on them for a year..then they take them from you for a month.. and provided you MAINTAIN the weight..(Or lose!) if you still have weight to lose after then they will give you them back for another year..

I think its so you don't get too dependant on them..

But my doc did say about giving them out as a \"maintenance\" tablet.. meaning that you can use them to keep you there..but only after you have proved you won't overeat again..

• Posted

Age 44

14 stone 5lbs this morning

5ft 4\"

goal weight id between 10 n half and 11 stone and i would be happy :D

• Posted

Hi All,

Just had a weigh in this morning

Age 46

Height 5'2\"

Started May 20th @ 15st 8lbs :oops:

Weight today 13st 10lbs :wink:

Total lost 1st 12lbs

I'm very pleased with that and especially as I had a bad 2 weeks.

Well done to everyone else.

Take care

Jane

• Posted

[color=indigo:1ad76aac67][/color:1ad76aac67]

Just started on the tablets on Saturday.

Weighed in at the doctors last week at 128kg.

Age 45 and 5'2\".

Not enjoying the tablets so far and if the side effects continue like last night not sure I can go on with them.

How long it take everyone else's guts to normalise?

• Posted

Jane - well done, your doing really well, .. gives us all encouragement :-)

Artrutx - I'm sorry to hear your not coping too well with the blueys, things do get better as you learn what your body can and can not tolerate,

Its really early doors for you yet, stick with a low fat diet and the side effects should stop pretty soon, I know if I've eaten too much fat I generally have side effects the following day then its back to normal

good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.