Start / Now / Goal - Part 1

Posted , 77 users are following.

Not sure if this has been done..but how would everyone feel about putting up their stats?? We can update/edit the post with each weigh in..

I will start..

Age 32

Height 5ft 3\"

Started off 2008 at 148.9kg (lost 10kg myself before I started tabs)

Goal Weight: anything lighter than 15stone (95kg) (horse weight limit)

Start date ; 01/10/08

Start weight ; 138.4 kg

1st weigh in date ; 24/10/08

1st weigh in ; 133kg

Loss of 5.4kg

2nd weigh in date ; 21/11/08

2 weigh in ;

0 likes, 360 replies

360 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

thanks kaela

I'll stick with them. as you say I just need to see what I can cope with.

goodluck to all

Artrutx xx

• Posted

Have been on them for five days now and feeling fine, although I have to say that I have cut my fat levels right down and I believe that if I was allowing 12-15g of fat in each meal, I would be rushing to the loo each time. I have a sensitive stomach anyway and with my ulcer back, it is better to keep my fat levels down anyway to keep the irritation at bay. It is certainly working for me, so would suggest for anyone out there having problems to seriously look at what is going wrong and perhaps cut back the fat levels a bit more to get the balance right for you.
  • Posted

2nd month on blueys but 2nd weigh in 8th dec, but as ive started the gym too, i thought id share with u all the inch loss . in the month, ive lost just over total 4inches. and a further 5lbs. im now down to 13'4. these are on the gyms scales that are the same scales the doc uses.,electronic ones make me near 13'11!!!! so dont know weather my true weight is 13'4 or 13'11!!but either way ive lost.even though clothes arent massivly looser? anyone else experience this?plus they say every 10lb u loose,u drop down dress size?!!! ive not ................
  • Posted

Age 40

Height 5'4\"

June 2008 weighed 18st 10lbs

I got the tablets at the end of June, but I was too scared to take them after reading about the side effects so I have no idea when I actually started to take them lol

Goal weight 12 stone something, thats when I stop being obese, and just become overweight, if I get that far though I might just decide to change my goal posts

23/8/2008 1st weigh in 17st 6lbs - loss 1st 4lbs

28/9/2008 2nd weigh in 16st 8lbs - loss 12lbs (total loss 2st 2lbs)

28/10/2008 3rd weigh in 15st 8lbs - loss 1st (total loss 3st 2lbs)

[b:6c0daa034e]25/11/2008 4th weigh in 15st 3lbs - loss 5lbs (total loss 3st 7lbs)[/b:6c0daa034e]

Have to say I'm a lil bit disappointed this month, I thought it would of been more, but I'm going to take a bit of my own advice, look at the positives smile and not be hard on myself

Dreading my next weigh in .. Its going to be after christmas .. all that chocolate and mince pies and sausages wrapped in bacon and twiglets and christmas cake and christmas pudding and sausage rolls and nuts and and and .. :twisted:

• Posted

Hi Kaelea

Well done on the losses to date - I've just worked it out and on the positive it was about 3oz lost per day!!! and a total of 10 packs of Lard or Butter whichever is the worst!!

You have done so well to date that it's just a matter of plugging away and I bet when it comes to Christmas you won't want all that stuff and hopefully will think to yourself \"why waste all the time invested already just to put some of it back on over Christmas\"

\"Weight loss is for life not just for non celebration times!!\" Have a treat but don't go over the top.

Go for it girl :wink:

Stay positive

Jane

• Posted

Well done Kaelea...a loss is a loss...better off than on..

Look at it this way (this is how I always work it out)

If you lose 5lbs a month then you will be 12 stone in 9 months.. thats less than a year.. before next Xmas.. Given how quick this year has gone..you will be at goal in no time..

• Posted

My Stats for you ...

Date started on bluey's - 9th November 2008

Height - 5 foot 9 inch

Starting weight - 15 stone 7lb (100kg)

1st weigh in due start December(loss so far on my scales is 5lb)

• Posted

Aww thanks ladies the support its appreciated smile

I'm full of PMT at the moment and feeling very blue, not really a good time for me to of got weighed in the first place, my PMA (positive mental attitude) all but disappears at this time of the month :cry:

I went to bed last night thinking why bother, all that effort for 5lbs, where as in reality thats quite a lot, 10 blocks of butter .. go me :lol:

I've got up this morning, read your posts and am now thinking contingency plans for xmas .. what to do lol altho I think I've already made some plans and decisions there

in a couple days I'll look back on this week and think silly girl, damned PMT!

• Posted

i have been on these tablets 7 weeks now and i havent had 1 day where i havent had orange oil no mater how little fat i have in my meals but im continueing with them because ive lost a stone in weight to date and im getting use to it now my worst time is in the morning then it gets better through the day
  • Posted

Juland

well done on your weight loss, thats good going smile

It doesn't seem right that your still having the oil effects despite eating little fat

Have you registered with MAP and spoken to them about it, maybe they can pick up on what is going on and why your still getting oil,

good luck!

• Posted

Hi all

I've been on orlistat for 3 weeks. I was initially sceptical about it since I thought my diet was already low in fat (no fried stuff or other junk food, no ready meals, lots of fruit and vegetables etc). But, even so, I seem to be losing weight, so perhaps my diet wasn't quite as good as I thought.

I've been to WW several times, and have always managed to lose between 2 and 3 stone, but then get stuck - even with insane amounts of exercise - eg cycling to work and back 3X per week (14 miles round trip), running to work 2X per week (4 miles), swimming 2-3X per week, and body pump once a week.

Anyway - here's my stats:

Height: 5' 8''

Starting weight: 18st 7lb, size 20.

4 weeks later - weight 18st 3lb - prescribed orlistat at this point,

Currently 17st 12lbs, after 3 weeks on orlistat

Initial goal: 15st 6lbs (one lb less than my lowest weight in the last 5 years)

Long term goal - bmi of under 25 = 11st 7lb

• Posted

Age 42

Male

Start Weight ( today - 5 November ) 16 stone

• Posted

Age 32

Height 5ft 3\"

Started off 2008 at 148.9kg (lost 10kg myself before I started tabs)

Goal Weight: anything lighter than 15stone (95kg) (horse weight limit)

Start date ; 01/10/08

Start weight ; 138.4 kg

1st weigh in date ; 24/10/08

1st weigh in ; 133kg

Loss of 5.4kg

2nd weigh in date ; 21/11/08

2 weigh in ; 130.6kg

Loss of 2.4kg

Total Loss of 7.8kg

[b:b0b4424762]3rd weigh in date ; 19/12/08

3rd weigh in ; 124.5kg

Loss of 6.1kg

Total Loss of 13.9kg[/b:b0b4424762]4th weigh in date ; 14/01/08

• Posted

Woot way to go Kayos :D

your doing really well, I'm well chuffed for you smile

• Posted

Thank you Kaelea!

I was very shocked with todays weigh in!!!..

I started work at Asda on the 5th December.. and the trousers I wore for the interview I had to take by 6 inches yesterday as they were falling off (I had them pulled in with a safety pin but it kept rubbing!)

I think its all the walking about at work that has done this..fingers crossed they keep me on now.. :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.