start up increase side effects. so hard to carry on

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv posted so much coz I feel so crazy. Upped to 40mg and God I'm depressed, crying non stop, shakibg , sweating its hell. Can't eat can't sleep. Keep telling myself it will settle soon but I'm like a heroin addict cold turkey. Anyone else been here I need some hope. Worse before better? I'm a million times worse. Increase as after baby post natal depression was showing signs again

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are you doing Rachel?
    • Posted

I'm now on sertraline was going well but for past 3days I'm badly again (been nearly 4wks) xx
    • Posted

Hi Rachel I was just checking on you. Are you doing better on sertraline? I recently found out I'm pregnant and have been so depressed from all the hormones rising. I'm not sure the fluoxetine is working. I thought I remembered you saying that you took sertraline before?
    • Posted

Congratulation ! I was OK on sert but come week 4 I was bad again and still really bad at 6weeksm upped to 75mg today but I have no hope sad anxious as hell and crying non stop
    • Posted

I'm so sorry sad it's awful I had no sleep last night. I hope you get better soon. Are you better on sert than flu?
    • Posted

Flu after 12weeks I was normal but it came back I increased and went crazy panic screaming. Sert sorted that but again it didn't last long and in hell again so trying 75mg
    • Posted

I'm very sorry! I'll be praying for you. I've been on flu 6 weeks and am very up and down. I have no clue if it's working. I'm still depressed but holding on to hope. They said I need to increase but I'm scared to. You took sert before right?
    • Posted

Yes for pnd after my son who is now 5 but iv never had anxiety like this its a total fear of my own skin like I'm crazy !!!! 50mg sert is a fail hope increase is right. U get to a point where uv nothing to loose !
    • Posted

Yea I believe a lot of my anxiety is the fear of never getting better or getting my life back. I have racing thoughts that won't leave and then constant worry and guilt for having to take fluxetine while pregnant. I worry about the baby having withdrawl or birth defects.
    • Posted

My daughter was fine hun. Very happy baby. U need to be well so don't feel guilty. I started flu at 30weeks she was born by section at 39
    • Posted

Hi Rachel, I just wanted to check on you and see how your doing? I hope that your feeling better and the meds worked out after the increase!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.