Started mirtazapine.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all i have just started taking mirtazapine at 30mg and the following day I felt awful I didn't want to move my legs felt depleted but I'm not sure if that was just from the heat of the day recently.

My head has been very unmotivated which I hoped this medicine would help.

All in all I've felt very bad and I'm wondering if it is worth it to take it again tonight?

It sort of wore off the lethargic effect about 6pm so I worked out, which was a struggle.

I'm not sure about all this.

Thank-you for any help.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I started taking Mirtazapine on Monday for GAD and Dissociation, I wasn't allowed Beta Blockers because of my asthma and felt the Dr just fobbed me off with these pills.

I had Prozac in 2014 and they made me feel horrible, with nasty intrusive thoughts. luckily, I'm still here.

I have to say, the tablets don't help me with sleep at all, I'll be exhausted, then take them and be led awake for 3 hours not able to sleep, then once I do sleep and wake up, I'm exhausted all day.

I've pretty much had to take time off from my full-time role in Marketing to try and adjust to these meds as I wake up so groggy.

BUT... I have noticed that they seem to be working, any sort of anxiety I had before, like being fired or everyone being against me, suddenly seem stupid and I feel like my thoughts are my own again... not sure if they can work so soon after starting them but in my experience, they are helping, but I do still feel mostly dead to the world until about 4pm and then I become productive.

How are you feeling on them now?

• Posted

Hi. Yes how you have felt is exactly what I have been feeling, like I said I could not work out or practice guitar and I certainly could not read anything I felt like a zombie with no sleep, I felt sedated but couldn't sleep.

To be honest I haven't been taking them as I want to see a mental health professional about keeping on these drugs because I don't like GP doctors giving these out.

I hope to see one in the coming days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.