Started taking Xenical

Posted , 7 users are following.

Only been taking Xenical for a few days, but started getting one of the side effects (oily stools) and I'm just concerned about what I'm eating. I've been having a really strict diet, low calories (the most consumed 1700) since I started, no snacking, and yesterday I had my first weight watchers dinner, which is when the symptoms began. Is this due to the weight watchers meals? Is my body adjusting? I had a small portion of food at a restuarant 2 days ago, and the food was probably quite fatty (only consumed 1500 calories that day though) can it take that long for the fat to come out? Just worried weight watchers meals are evil...

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The oily stools happen when you have eat to much fat stick to 5g of fat per 100g your allowed 15g of fat per meal and I find weight watchers meals high in fat 
    • Posted

So you think it's the weight watchers meals and not the meal out taking its time to get...well out?

When I was at the doctors before though he said things like weight watchers are good but maybe he just meant a bit better in general. Weight watchers from heinz are really low in fat, was just comparing the meals. (bought them as I've just moved city for uni) And your right standard weight watchers have a lot of fat! Will steer clear!

• Posted

Hi i have a lot of weight watchers meals all within the fat allowance and there fine, you says you had a meal a few days ago ? Ive known the orange oil not appear till 3 days later sometimes, theres a lady britneyspears she has a blog she will give u it and she knows practically everything lol, this group is very helpful, good luck with your journey xxxxx
    • Posted

It can take that long? I'll just keep an eye on the fat as well as the calories, being very careful with my food though, hope it pays off!
  • Posted

5g per 100g you must be eating food high in fat i never counted cals just stuck to fat grams and never did me any harm. I think the chicken curry one is low
    • Posted

Well I'm being very cafeful with fat intake too, but can see that certain weight watchers meals are suprisingly high in fat...I've only had one so far, though
    • Posted

Don't forget side effects can take 3 days to come out so it may not be the WW meal it could be something else (not sure what WW meal you had) the bgty range has very low fat ready meals
    • Posted

Hi Britney, have you lot my replies through pm today? they seem to be disappearing! Xx

Hi Lorna, I went out  for a meal at the beginning, I was fine, I then went back on another occasion had the same meal and within 10 mins of taking my tablet g was on the toilet with BAD side effects! you just don't know what restaurants put in the food to make it taste so good but it's usually butter or cream. I have weight watchers meals as a treat every now and again. 

good luck on your journey,

love kate x

• Posted

Hi Kate for the last week i have had problem with the website i get no notifications or anything i logged in after a week to see an inbox full! i only got one message from you which i replied to so if you sent anymore after that i didn't get them! i think the website is down i couldn't even log in earlier so annoying i would probably suggest messaging me via the blog now as this webiste is not working at my end atm [confused ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.] xx
    • Posted

Hi 

Reading this forum I see you have done so well with your weight lose. Well done ! If you don't mind me asking you. I have a Dr ap this evening I  desperate to loose weight I am extremely over weight and have done everything I can to loose weight. I  hoping my dr suggest this weight lose medication to me. If not I think I may ask is there any information you can give me before I approach my G.P please. 

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

What sort of advice do you need? if it was me i would just ask and more than likely you will get them what weight are you? your bmi has to be over 30 to get them. I have a blog which would be useful to you once you start them. If you have any other questions please reply back.

Britney

X

• Posted

Ok thay sound good ill let u no the out come look forward to reading g the blog. I am well last weight was 18 stone 5 lb... god I hate writing that. So plenty to lose. 
    • Posted

Yes please let me know how you get on. If you stick to it it does work. Just think of today being the last time you will ever have to say your 18st 5lb i know what you mean i was 19.5 but today is a new start for you x
  • Posted

Was meant to say it could be down to your restaurant meal x
    • Posted

If it can take upto 3 days then it's most likely that, considering I've only had the one WW meal so far. I was careful at the restaurant but I was limited to my choices, wonderful italian place but not great if your watching the waist line. Thought I saved myself by only eating half the meal and avoiding pudding sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.