Started TSM

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've tried to get my Husband to post on this forum but he won't. So I will post the latest in my Husband's interesting (turbulent, fraught at times) journey.

After trying the Campral, which, worked for about 3 months. He unfortunately, picked up again. I believe this was due to all the stress of starting a new job.

So now he has started his TSM journey with Selincro and has even contacted and spoke with Joanna. Yay!

So, I am hoping, praying that this will work. I know it will take some time. It wont be easy, but he is commited to it.

Wishing everyone on this site health and happiness as always

JulieAnne

3 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Excellent, JulieAnne! Very glad that he got started with that and I'm keen to know how he gets along with it!

• Posted

Wish you well too JuileAnne. Its not easy but he is trying and so are you xxxx good luck Keep posting x
    • Posted

No it's a terrible struggle for him. But he keeps trying. That's all I can ask

Hope you are ok Sharon x

• Posted

Its hard for both of you to say the least. Alcohol is a poison that effects not only that person drinking it but all those around them. It sounds though that even with this in mind that you love him very much. Baby steps as they say, he seems to want to make a change, he will be scared etc And he sounds like he knows he has an issue with it. Please bear in mind that different things work for different people. Some it seems can give up through will power alone, although this appears to be rare. Trust me i know this, i tried. Meds. talkiing therapy, books, this forum, all will help in some way but i think the person really has to want to do it themselves too. Maybe the right form of meds is really what it comes down to with him. Good that he has been on the forum too, big time.

I have not tried meds yet although i am in the process of trying to see what is best for me. I do see addictions councillor etc. Its not easy i honestly believe it comes from the person themselves in the end. I can be done so please dont give up either of you xxx

• Posted

I have been trying to get my husband to post on this site too, so far with no success. He seems interested and even let me give his email address to someone from this site who has been where he is now. He just doesn't seem to be ready yet to commit to getting sober and taking his life back. I wish you and your husband well and am so happy for you that he is committed to his recovery from a devastating disease. 

• Posted

Thank you phyliss. All you can do is keep chipping away. It took hubby 2 years just to admit he had a problem with alcohol.

That was in 2010 we have come a long way since then.

Keeping everything crossed for you

JA x

• Posted

My husband has always admitted he has a problem. That way he can claim it's not his fault he drinks too much, it's his illness. Now I tell him he knows he had a problem so it is his fault if he doesn't seek help. So glad your hi

usband is dealing with his problem now.

• Posted

Phyllis, I'll send you a PM with a link to a video you and your husband can watch. 

• Posted

My Husband decided to do something when he was found in a gutter in the middle of a city centre. He had his wallet and mobile stolen

Hope your Husband takes action before he reaches that stage

• Posted

A catalyst not to be recommended. I was mortified when A & E Doc told me. Anything could have happened to him.

• Posted

Well, it's certainly on the high risk end of the spectrum. However, it seems to carry a high compliance factor on the TSM method, so it is not without its advantages.

The first thing I would be checking is that my bottom was not sore.

• Posted

OMG JulieAnne - that must have taken a massive toll on both of you.

What a worry.

• Posted

He doesn't remember anything Gwen, he had a seizure in the street. That is behind us now. We have come a long way since then x

• Posted

You certainly have - he has obviously amassed massive willpower and respect to him - this is not easy - and respect to you for being there all the way smile smile xx
    • Posted

Thank you Gwen. I do have a good old stomp now and then, to get him back on track. He is working very hard to make TSM work. He only has to drink 9 units a day for about a week and he is physically addicted. He is so very poorly these days when he is tapering back. This is where Selincro is starting to help.

Well done to you for managing to taper back. Respect to you too, Gwen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.