Starting 150 mg Venlafaxine

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have just had my Venlafaxin increased from 75 mg to 150 mg.  It's only 3 days but all I want to do is sleep and I feel sickly.

I would like to know how long it takes to feel any improvement.  I know everyone is different but I would just like some idea.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there!

i am new to this forum... saw your post about the increase. I was increased to 150mg two and a bit weeks ago feel like my depression has gotten worse. Just wondering how long I should give this a shot for? how are you finding it?

• Posted

Hi Ashlee, I was moved up to 150 XL 6 days ago from 112.5. I was feeling much better on the lower dose but had breakthrough anxiety> Did the 150 finally kick in for you?

• Posted

I notice that this post is 4 years old, so I am hopeful that all went well after the increase in dosage.  I have been taking this for many years & I love it.  I take it for anxiety and find this just makes me feel normal.  The only problem I've ever had is when we went on vacation & I forgot to pack my meds.  After 3 days I started to feel ill and nauseous, then realized that I was going through withdrawals.  Got back on as soon as we returned home and started feeling much better.  After several years I started taking my pill at bedtime instead of first thing in the morning.  I can sleep much better now. 

• Posted

hi i have been on 75mg xr efexor for 3 weeks it was not much improvement so gp increased it to 150 mg yesterday . i feel awful anxiety im wondering is this a side effect as before i started it was prob worse initally but thought it should be well dampened by now . gp toldme to take diazepam for same but feel it may mask effects of drug. it is an awful existence i was wondering does the norenpherine drug does to yout brain i have read increases alertness i want something to calm it down. Can anybody put light on this or have similar experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.