Starting a new page for all my friends!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

How are you all! I have so many aches and pains today just can't get comfortable. Went to see my dad this afternoon with Stewart. He does so well for being 86.

Di I hope John is getting on ok and your throat is feeling a lot better now.

Lindy how are you getting on with your new car. Have you been out in it much!

Ses I hope you are not suffering with so much pain. :cry: Linda how are your alterations going. Hope you get everything you need.

Well take care everyone and have a good weekend.

A quiet one for me lol!

Love Tess x x

0 likes, 110 replies

110 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hello all my good friends

Ses i loved making my cards but the trouble i find is if i do have time that i do feel ok i feel guilty spending that time on me, as there is always jobs to be done..

say that i have been very busy today cleaned the bathroom/kitchen and done some ironing.. but i bet i suffer tomorrow but hey i wont feel so bad as the house is looking better lol

lindy, dont give up for a dianosis they seem to say its other things first so u just go away and accept it, i always fancied glass painting but feel i have spent enough on the craft cards to start a new hobbie lol

tess cooking for twelve :shock: wow i could never do that, saying that i have started to try and cook more home made foods from scratch alot to do with saving money but also fed up eating the foods we have been so wish me luck in the kitchen lol

linda sorry to hear about ur mum, its always sad to see someone u love not being themselves... so hope she is ok..

well im off to bed now and see if i can sleep with all my aches and pains..l..

sweet dreams and gentle hugs x

• Posted

Hi Everyone,

Well...the nasal strips are rubbish.. :lol: The snoring saga continues!!

Glad u had a fun day with Molly Tess, and good luck with ur dinner party. I take my hat off to u lady.. :lol:

SO glad ur assessment went well Linda. Hopefully they`ll pull they`re finger out and move things along quickly for u and Ray. I hope ur mums ok and settled a little. Like u say...its always something knocking on the door isnt it.

Di, don`t feel guilty about having \"me time\". Its something u enjoyed so b*gger it. Housework will be there when we`re not.. :lol: I cleaned the house yesterday too. Thank god for flooring....the only place in the house that is carpeted is the stair and top landing...so easy for vacuming.

Connor had his interview at college yesterday. He seems to think he got on ok...said the guy didnt ask him all that much. So, he should know within 2-3 weeks if he`s been accepted or not. Im very hopeful as they know he`s 15, and can`t leave school officially til Dec, but they gave him an interview etc. So keep ur fingers crossed everyone.

SES, I hope ur not in too much pain today.

Take Care

Lindy..x

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

How are we all today! Sun is shining here at the moment but don't no how cold it is outside. Was really cold here yesterday with the wind.

Di luckily I only cook for 12 probably twice a year. Not so bad. When all the children were at home use to cook for seven every day. :lol: Sometimes still cook too much food now when there is only me and Stewart.

Was awake early due to aches and pains. :cry: Kept getting a stabbing painful pain in the top of my left leg. Felt like someone stabbing needles in me. Needed to be up early anyway as Claire my daughter was bringing the desserts round she had made. They look really yummy! :lol:

Hope you aren't paying for it today Di with doing all your house! You do get the satisfaction of knowing it is clean and tidy. Its the price we have to pay sometime but I think it is worth it. Think you feel more relaxed and better in yourself if the house is clean and tidy. :lol:

Well hope you are have a good day without too much pain.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

hi all x

lindy i feel guilty because john likes the house to be tidy freeky for man eh lol.. anyway if he is out working all day i feel i have to do it. he understands when im not to e well but i dont know how that would go down sayin the house is a mess but i have made 3 cards hahha, also my son greig left school early and went to college on a sports course for 6 months but did not really enjoy the course so left and is working p/time in a after school club teaching kids to do sports, but is awaiting to find out if he is getting a full time contract with dunfermline football club, also my whole house is all wooden to lindy apart from my stair case so it is easier,, thank god for my steam mop i got out costco.. its so easy to use and it makes the place so clean...

tess hope ur meal goes ok, im going to make homemade from scratch spag bol today as i said earlier im fed up eating stuff from jars and cans lol

hope ses and linda are doing ok today

well the weather here is dry but still not very nice, cant wait till it shines again it really does make u feel better even ur aches and pains are easier to cope with if the sun is out.... hope u understand this?

anyway all have a great weekend and i will speak to u soon

• Posted

Hi Lindy, Di & Everyone!

Yes meal went ok Lindy! Everyone enjoyed it and had a good evening. They were all singing on the Karoake until 12.30. Didn't get to bed until 1.30 this morning and was up at 6 as Stewart is at work until 7 tonight. :cry: What is your son doing at college Lindy. I will keep my fingers crossed for him so he gets on the course. :lol:

Di I hope Greig gets into Dumfermline Football Club as well and keep my fingers crossed for him. :lol:

Your right about the weather does make us all feel better when the sun out and nice and warm. We have a very cold wind he today again. Not very good for my joints and makes them stiff and sore. My left ankle swollen at the moment and sore to walk on. :cry:

Linda I hope your mum is doing ok. I know what it is like when they get confused as that happened to Stewart's mum. As we only live round the corner from where she is she was ringing at all times over night and early in the morning. In the end his family had no choice to put her in a nursing home where she could get the care and attention. :cry: She seems really happy there as she was on her own as Stewart's dad died 5 years ago.

Ses hope your pain is not too bad and we here from you again soon. :lol:

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

We have had a lovely sunny day here! Been looking after Molly my granddaughter today. She is back at school tomorrow as they had a training day. Have had a lovely day with her and was very good. :lol: Got Sophie tomorrow so that should be fun as well. :lol: On Wednesday going to see a friend and old neighbour for dinner. Thursday got a day to myself but will need to get the motor home loaded as going away on Friday. We are going to see Stewart's sister on friday in Basingstoke and stay the night and then going to the New Forest from Saturday until Tuesday. Stewart also got a busy time he finishes his days on Tuesday. Wednesday taking Chris back to Uni in Preston, Thursday helping our other son Andrew move from Cambridge to Nottingham. Then driving us to Basingstoke on Friday. We will both be ready for our break. :lol:

Hope you are all doing ok and not in too much pain.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

hi everyone

tess i love to here ur getting away in ur motor home.. i would love one.. we had a caravan we towed many years ago when the kids were young...

the sun in edinburgh has went today to.... so dissappointed i love the nice weather..

hope linda,lindy and ses are all doing well..

luv and hugs.. di xx

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Been popping on and reading your posts, but just not myself at moment sad Spoke to mum`s doctor yesterday, who was very nice and had noticed she seemed very vague last time he saw her. Will take her to see him next week, he said just to let her think it was for her normal review and he will take it from there. I`ve no brothers or sisters so its up to me to make any decisions necessary for her care, and I just feel that its her life in my hands and if I make a wrong decision its all my fault sad

Have a lovely time at the weekend Tess, hope the weather holds for you :!:

Di, hope you and John are doing ok, is he back at work :?:

Ses and Lindy, hope you`re not in too much pain and are ok

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda

I do feel for you with all you have going on! :cry: It must be really difficult for you having to make an important decision like that. I do hope everything works out ok for you :lol: Stewart was lucky as he has two sisters and a brother so he didn't have to make the decision alone when his mum went into a nursing home. :cry: Do come on when you feel like it and have a talk to us. :lol:

I wish I was there to give you a big hug. :lol: Just will say a big hug from me.

Yes hope the weather stays nice and really looking forward to a bit of a rest.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

How are you all today. Have you been enjoying the sunshine if it has been out your way. We have had some lovely warm sunny weather last few days and hope it is going to last for us from Fri to Tuesday when we are away :lol:

I do hope you are all doing ok and send you a big hug. :lol: Will catch up with you all when we get back on Tuesday. Might have a few mins to pop on tomorrow.

Take care!

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi All,

Linda, I truly sympathise with ur situation. Its avery difficult and stressful one for u to be in. Im sure any decisions u have to make will be in ur mums best interests. Doesn`t make it easier tho does it.

Tess, Connor is applying to do the welding & fabrication course, so fingers crossed. I hope u have a great weekend away!

Di & Ses, Hope both of u are well.

Di, the sun has disappeared here too! Was raining yesterday and thro the night. Hope it brightens up for the weekend.

Take Care All

Lindy..x

• Posted

hi lindy,linda,tess and ses

ses and linda where r u?

well im having a worry day today.. my best friend has been ill for a while and now they have found nodules on her liver and its a worrying time as she is still ill and in hospital.. but her husband said no visitors which i can understand but im a bit upset that i cant even get for 10mins i asked but was told no.. anyway john still bleeding from the back and i tried to get a app for him as he is doing nothing about it.. but have to call back on mon...im really worried about him... my worry levels are through the roof and i cant control it...

so u can imagine the day im having.. xx

hope ur all well... been reading ur posts and keeping up to date with everyone... so hope ur all well...

fingers crossed for connor lindy xx

di xx

• Posted

Hi Di and everyone,

Sorry about your friend Di, its a shame you can`t visit, even just to put your mind at rest, but I guess her husband has her best interests at heart. Hope you manage to get John to the doctor soon, I guess he`s afraid of what it might be but its probably just something very simple and then all the worry has been for nothing :!:

I know what you mean about your worry levels, mine are just the same at the moment :!: Can`t settle to anything, got this awful feeling that something is about to happen like when you`re going to the dentist :!: I know my stress levels are bad when this happens, but also know it will be a while before I can bring myself to do anything about it sad Ray is not coping with his arthritis at all at the moment, and all the appointments about our adaptations are getting him down too sad What with that and the problems with my Mum we don`t seem to have a day free for ages.

Thanks Lindy for you kind thoughts regarding Mum, saw her yesterday and her short term memory is almost non-existant but the odd thing is she knows she can`t remember anything. The other thing is she just talks about the same few things all the time and no matter how you try to start a new topic, she just carries on :!: Doctor with her on wed so fingers crossed.

Ses hope you are coping at the moment, have you got any treatment yet to go with your new diagnosis,

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi All,

Di and Linda, what a time u both seem to be having!

I hope u can at least get into see ur friend soon Di...as Linda said, it would give u a little bit of piece of mind. Thats ridiculous that they can`t give u an appt and u have to call back. Demand one, as u don`t know whats going on with John.

Coz the 2 of u have so much worry on ur plate at the moment, ur anxiety levels will be through the ceiling. Its awful when that happens.

Sorry to hear Ray isn`t coping too well at the moment Linda. All the worry about ur mum sure won`t be helping. I hope the GPcan put ur mum forward for an assessment. Sometimes when we know whats going on, we can cope a little better (as we all know). Saves our minds from going into overload.

Ses, how are u chick? I hope ur coping ok.

I hope Tess is getting some nice weather for her weekend jolly.. smile

Weathers been , so so yesterday and today. Suns out at the moment, so I hope it stays. Delivered Kayla`s birthday present last night. One of those playhouses for in the garden. Had to take the ruddy thing out the box to get it in the motor. Im glad we hadn`t done what I wanted to do...wrap it and put a great big bow round it. We would have had to have ripped it all off!

I hope u all have a good weekend without too much worry.

Take Care Everyone

Lindy...x

• Posted

Hi All

Hope you are all well.

I have Lupus and today I was told i have fibromyalgia and prescribe 10mg of amitriptyline Im hoping its a wonder drug but am feeling a bit skeptic. I'm already labelled clinicly depressed coupled with anxiety. Tried prozac and citilapram with no improvement.

Any good things to tell me about this drug. Not sure i want to hear any bad.

Lizzy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.