Starting over again!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm starting over again on Monday. I fail miserably everytime I try! No one knows I'm addicted to these cocodomol 30/500 (dr prescribed) I'm also on robaxin and have just learned on Internet that these can be used to withdraw. I will post updates on here everyday to try and stay on track. Last time when I was failing I stopped posting but I know now I will get all the encouragement I need here if I just keep posting...good luck everyone!!

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Keep trying Hannah. I know it's difficult but it can be done. I am nearly 3 weeks into my detox and I am down to 5 a day,now,down from 8, and it's going well so far. Still have my back pain but trying to ride it out. I am doing it really slowly, so it will take a few more weeks but that's OK. Hope you can get back on it on Monday. Good luck x

• Posted

I'm addicted to nurofen plus, I've gone cold turkey for the past week. I was clean for a year but relapsed a few months ago. The stomach pains are dulling now but nothing I eat stays down. I'm hoping this will pass very soon. Good luck!

• Posted

Well done pam for going for it its a tough journey my friend but one you will get through.  I hope the sickness wears off have you tried ginger ale or ginger biscuists anything ginger will help with the nausea/ sickness.  Stick with it love x
    • Posted

Thanks Rosie, I've been so ill this weekend, the sickness just got worse and my legs have been so restless (they actually hurt). I'm gonna try some soup now, haven't been sick since this morning so fingers crossed smile

• Posted

Hi Pam,

I am very new to this forum so i used my dogs name Rosie ha ha which I quite like actually but have changed my sign in to my real name (that clears that up) sorry that you have been so ill this weekend. I hope thewithdrawls go away for you real soon. Keep fighting fingers crossed with each day will be less sickness and more strength  x

• Posted

I'm new to this forum too, Pam isn't my real name lol, I don't even know where it come from.

I'm feeling much better today, I'm getting my appetite back, my leg pains have gone too and I'm not being sick. I know once I'm feeling myself again that the psychological cravings will return so I'm gonna stick on here in the hope that I can talk through the harder times with people like urself x

• Posted

SO pleased you are feeling better today and in less pain and can eat again. I am doing a liver clensing diet as the Cocodamol have taken their toll badly on my liver and I am feeling a lot better the one thing i really notcie is the clear head.  I have put 2 co codamol in my purse to carry around to show me just how eveil these type of tablets can be (confort blanket too ) and I have left a sachet of them on the counter by the kettle so I can physically see the nasty beasts and so far I am not interested although I did get a craving for one last night but then thought about the horrible cold turkey effects and thought twice and didnt take them.

Night times are difficult at the moment because my body is tired but my mind is working over time and laying awake all night is not helping at all hopefully this is just another withdrawal sypmtom and will pass.

Well done on keeping at its and dont be tempted to go back and stick on here for the support  xxx

• Posted

Thanks for the well wishes, I find it so easy to be open and honest on here. I'm still deeply ashamed of myself for getting addicted to the nasty things. I've been really ill, half to do with withdrawal and I reckon because my immune system is down I've picked up a bug. I'm on the road to recovery tho and just dreading the cravings, so far I've had no cravings because I've felt so ill. Sounds like you're doing really well yourself too which is really good, let's keep up the good work x

• Posted

Hi hannah,

I am starting over on Monday too I have failed every time too so we can work through this together. I have started taking something from Holland and Barrett called CBD which is completely legal as the high stuff in it has been removed but it is a step in the right direction as I have found its a great go between when tapering or cold turkeying. It does help alliaviate "real" pain too.  I am tapering til Monday then not sure whether to taper or just go for it. I am currently on 8 to 10 30/500 a day. I have tried so many times but i think it si effecting the liver now so doing a liver clensing diet along side getting off these EVIL red and white caps.  God Luck for tomorrow

IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME smile XXX

• Posted

Thanks Rosie and yes we can do this together! Good luck and keep me updated! Is it actually called cbd oil or is there another name? I'll go get some today. It's funny because I know I'm starting tapering tomorrow I'm wanting to take more today!!

• Posted

I have replied to your message Jo I'm just waiting for moderator to approve it....don't know what the hold up is...but thanks for your reply and yes we can beat this together! For some reason I am craving more cocodomol today....maybe it's because I know I'm tapering tomorrow x

• Posted

Hi Hannah, how strange that its stuck with moderators. Thats a shame that you have craved more today its strange that no 2 days are the same. Well we go forward on our journey together tomorrow. x
    • Posted

Yes thats the stuff Hannah it does seem to work really well smile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.